The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Shooting at Santa Fe, Texas, high school. 10 reported dead.

nuckin_futz

3 minutes ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

Haha you are the king of bringing up the past govt. THAT’S ALL YOU DO in arguements. 

Theres no deflection it was a response to someone one blaming the current govt for this happening. As far as I know shootings didnt start as soon as trump became president so blaming him as the cause is just pure idiocy.

Look champ I amended my comment to further explain what I meant.  Save your pathetic smarm for someone else.  I could care less for your opinion or your response.  But your argument is the exact same one I've heard a hundred times so it's easy to use it as an example

5 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

yup. those political donations are just more important. Obama actually had a majority of senators for his bill, but couldn't survive the republicans filibustering it. Why? bought and paid for senators for the NRA. I guess I can pray that the NRA implode on itself if it gets caught with the shady donations. 

American politics are the most corrupt on the planet. The White House is nothing more than a whorehouse really.

8 minutes ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

There’s a really good tech company called Patriot One that has been developing weapon scanners that can be placed inside door studs. It scans for firearms and other weapons as people walk through the door. This wouldn’t stop the shooting but it would be able to alert people a lot sooner.

Something like this inside a hotel like the Vegas one would have prevented that loonie from getting those weapons into the building unnoticed. And best of all you don’t even see the system so it doesn’t look like an eye soar like metal scanners do and people aren’t even aware of being scanned. 

Yeah. They need something I'm just opposed to armed military guarding schools. Then again if it saved my future kids from the pain or agony of losing friends and neighbors tramatized... ould I still have the same tone. 

I'm just terrified what an unchecked us government could do in the world stage. You only need one but like Hitler or Mao to get in to mess up everything. At least now the citizens can protest and stand up for immorale leaders bad government.  Its coming at a cost tho. A bad leader could spark world war 3.

1 minute ago, Rush17 said:

Take away the guns has always been their m.o. I suspect that doesn't change only issue is there is a large population including organized militia groups that have sworn to keep guns and prevent those who attempt to take them. 

The best bet might be restriction zones for carrying. In big cities restrict all non handguns in conceal/open carry. Make them need to put other weapons in lock boxes with trigger locks like they do in Canada. 

Make it a if u do not follow these rules police can seize your weapons.  Some gun nuts might accept that.  If they can keep their side arm. I think the solution needs to come from the NRA/gun lovers.

Any restrictions put forth by the Democrats will be shut down immediately. If it comes from their base it might be more accepted. No one needs more then a handgun in highly populated city or area.

How do you address school's tho?  Military. That would be freightning and you don't want kids growing up use to armed military in their schools.

1) You mean the democrats? If so that's not true at all.

2) This is the discussion about arming school guards. I want kids to be safe we all do but not so sure those are the right steps.

Just now, Rush17 said:

Yeah. They need something I'm just opposed to armed military guarding schools. Then again if it saved my future kids from the pain or agony of losing friends and neighbors tramatized... ould I still have the same tone. 

I'm just terrified what an unchecked us government could do in the world stage. You only need one but like Hitler or Mao to get in to mess up everything. At least now the citizens can protest and stand up for immorale leaders bad government.  Its coming at a cost tho. A bad leader could spark world war 3.

But how sad is it that it's come to that in the U.S. I certainly don't remember guards at my school.

Just now, PhillipBlunt said:

American politics are the most corrupt on the planet. The White House is nothing more than a whorehouse really.

well kinda literally.... looks like its getting Stormy out there..... 

the only hope really is if enough people under 30 actually get out to vote. Obama was very close to new legislation, just a few senators away from at least trying to make a difference. 

50 minutes ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

I didn’t realize shootings didn’t happen when Obama was president. Oh wait.....

What are you getting at. This has been a long standing history of the US, the rate of which is accerating each year. The NRA has deep claws into congress that will prevent anything to be done, regardless of who has/ had a majority or who is president. 

Want to drain a swamp... start with these physco MFers who are controlling a very confused base of individuals insisting on stock piling arsenals that are absolutely useless towards anything the 2nd ammendment was put in place for... unless they get their own nukes and develop a high powered miltitia that can rival the most powerful military on earth, the 2nd ammendment should be rendered obsolete. 

The only thing its good for now is increasing the capability of the most dangerous in society to do their bidding... domestic terrorism... killing civilians

1 minute ago, Warhippy said:

Look champ I amended my comment to further explain what I meant.  Save your pathetic smarm for someone else.  I could care less for your opinion or your response.  But your argument is the exact same one I've heard a hundred times so it's easy to use it as an example

Don’t call me champ, guy. 

There’s no argument but to point fingers at one person well bending over for another person who also did nothing is just hypocrisy. 

Pointing fingers at one person isn’t going to solve anything, it’s just a waste of time, it’s just mud slinging that people seem to get enjoyment from in order to position groups against each other. 

I could see the Democrats riding on the Bernie Sanders train and pairing him up with a young and upcoming VP.  

Only to take him out and have him replaced in the first election cycle to gain sympathy from the voters and use his popularity getting screwed story to get them past trump.  

If you feel they are corrupt as a government. Which we saw the Democrats essentially remove Bernie from the democratic side I can see someone poisoning him and getting the young vp as their future.

The cltintins have been tied to a bunch of strange deaths in and around their campaign. I would argue it's the minority who do the dirty and corrupt things. You only need one or two corrupt people to mess up a party or election though. 

Governments are more incompetent then highly corrupt often imo.  But Mrs Clinton and the head of the DNC proved to be corrupt.  Tsk tsk.

9 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

1) You mean the democrats? If so that's not true at all.

2) This is the discussion about arming school guards. I want kids to be safe we all do but not so sure those are the right steps.

Yes the democrats have often championed removing or restricting guns from American society.

I don't think arming school guards is wise. Maybe having guns on site with trained staff. So in the event of a stud finder going off they can approach the individuals. Ie have a couple trained guards in a back room ready in the event something arise. That can't be cheap tho.

Just now, nuckin_futz said:

Can't find a solution until the problem is identified. IMO this is part of the problem.

If your leaders are as phony as this fool, you're in trouble.

A guy from Calgary named Rafael. Pretending to be "Ted" from Texas.

I see you Teddy and raise a wtf

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2018/05/02/brian-kemp-pointing-gun-teen-daughters.hln

3 minutes ago, nuckin_futz said:

Can't find a solution until the problem is identified. IMO this is part of the problem.

Ted Cruz is a complete tool and the lowest common denominator.

9 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

But how sad is it that it's come to that in the U.S. I certainly don't remember guards at my school.

Yeah. I hope it doesn't. It gives students/children the submissive personality. No one should feel comfortable with armed guards openly carrying weapons.  This is supposed to be a free country.

Sickening, heartbreaking and just tragic.  I guess Columbine was the first school shooting I was aware of, I remember my friend calling me to tell me to turn to CNN during the aftermath.  At the time I couldn't believe it, and countless school shootings later I still don't. 

1 hour ago, Jimmy McGill said:

its politicians like him in the US that have created the problem. SYH all you want but if you want to stop these things its going to take a political solution, and at this point in the US where theres one of these per week "too soon" is a pretty lame argument. Its too late unless the US can get the NRA out of its political system. 

America has had the right to bare arms for a lot longer than trump has been president. 

5 minutes ago, nuckin_futz said:

that shows just how unnecessary these guns are. I'm pretty sure the so-called founding fathers didn't have cooking bacon on a gun as a cornerstone of American freedom. 

But it did demonstrate one good idea, guns like this should be allowed to be owned if they are kept only at a range. 

Archived