Sign in to follow this  

Shopping for Clothes in Vancouver

Where do you shop? Do you try to buy quality or quantity? Which stores are the best for sales items?

I'm poor as hell but still try to be as fashionable as I can be. 8th & Main is usually my go-to- the prices aren't ludicrous and the selection is fair and of some quality.

I've also been thinking about switching to online shopping for clothes. Etsy in particular seems to have some great stuff. I know they're a market place and not just one store, but does anyone have experience in ordering there? Did you have a positive or negative experience? Is sizing a problem?

Hot topic. 

Banana republic is good for dressy work clothes. Or marks work warehouse they both always have sales going on and are decent quality that last a long time. Spring for dress shoesz

Either that or just wait til christmas lol i have accumulated so many clothes over the years theres not much need to shop a lot. 

43 minutes ago, 112 said:

Where do you shop? Do you try to buy quality or quantity? Which stores are the best for sales items?

I'm poor as hell but still try to be as fashionable as I can be. 8th & Main is usually my go-to- the prices aren't ludicrous and the selection is fair and of some quality.

I've also been thinking about switching to online shopping for clothes. Etsy in particular seems to have some great stuff. I know they're a market place and not just one store, but does anyone have experience in ordering there? Did you have a positive or negative experience? Is sizing a problem?

Mark's is really good value and has long lasting stuff. Pretty much everything I own that my wife didn't buy for me comes from there. 

• Hydration 1

Alf probably has the best tips on dumpster diving.  He keeps telling me "it's amazing that people throw out *almost* perfect clothing".

Course it does make out he's re-living this old TV show at times when he goes out wearing his "new found" clothing:

61TBoERojtL._UX342_.jpg

I don't shop that much in Vancouver, but it really depends on what type of mood I am in, and if I want to pack it around.  I really enjoy Zara and H&M.  I really like the assortment, and some of the items they have at the Vancouver store that they don't carry in Seattle.  I'm still bitter about this dress I liked at H&M, thinking I could buy it in Seattle, and then finding that it is not available at any of the stores in Seattle. If I am in Vancouver, and Zara is having a sale, I will shop, and I've found some good things at the Bay.  Like a Marc by Marc Jacobs bags marked down, which was marked down to around $229 CAD. It's a big bag, and I wear it almost all the time.  I do go to the Canucks store.  I bought a retro inspired backpack the last time I was there. And if it is Boxing Day, and I am in Vancouver, I will shop if the deal is good. 

Posted (edited)

DTES Street Market is a good place to find a deal.........

Edited by kingofsurrey

9 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

DTES Street Market is a good place to find a deal.........

Does anyone wanna buy a broken extension cord? It comes with a bra I found in a dumpster.

• Upvote 1

Just now, 112 said:

Does anyone wanna buy a broken extension cord? It comes with a bra I found in a dumpster.

How much. ? 

2 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

How much. ? 

Sounds like my line I use on a typical Saturday night like tonight...:ph34r:

Thrift shops. I go there for clothes if I'm low on cash. Can actually find some gems, at least the ones I go to. Not sure what you would find in Vancouver though.

I try to dress well most days because my job requires it and it makes me feel good. I'm still pretty early into my professioanl career, so I tend to shop at places where I can get both work and casual clothes, so Zara, Banana Republic, Club Monaco, Hugo Boss, Levis.

What helps me save money is only shopping when I know there's a large sale going. I'm talking at least 30%.So I reserve going to higher end stores like Hugo Boss, Ted Baker etc for boxing day or Black Friday and make larger purchases then.

As for online shopping, I hate the idea of having to deal with returns if something doesnt fit. So I only purchase clothing online from stores where I regularly make purchases and I know their sizing. 

• Upvote 1