The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

So Both Ehlers and Nylander are Playoff Ghosts...

8 minutes ago, BanTSN said:

As I had predicted.  Alright regular season players, but no guts for the playoffs.

Glad the Canucks passed on them.

Go Virtanen.

Maybe once Virtanen helps his team make it to the playoffs, then we can call him the better pick.

7 minutes ago, BanTSN said:

As I had predicted.  Alright regular season players, but no guts for the playoffs.

Glad the Canucks passed on them.

Go Virtanen.

I don’t remember what Nylander did in the playoffs, but Ehlers was clearly only a perimeter player.  He did way too much poking and fishing at pucks, instead of battling.  He was extremely disappointing.  

Just now, HerrDrFunk said:

Maybe once Virtanen helps his team make it to the playoffs, then we can call him the better pick.

I think Nylander and Ehlers, because of their regular season points will demand Cap dollars they really don’t live up to when the games get hard.  I see that as actually hurting their teams’ chances. Jake will be a playoff beast, and (likely) get paid a lot less.  

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I think Nylander and Ehlers, because of their regular season points will demand Cap dollars they really don’t live up to when the games get hard.  I see that as actually hurting their teams’ chances. Jake will be a playoff beast, and (likely) get paid a lot less.  

I like how your claiming Jake "WILL" be a playoff beast when we havent even seen him in the playoffs 

1 minute ago, Patrick Kane said:

Hey, at least they are helping their teams make the playoffs.

They are young - it can take players time to be good in the playoffs - see Datsyuk/Hossa/Kuznetsov just top off my head..

:lol:

you are comparing two softies to guys who play hard, like Datsyuk and Hossa?  

Ehlers and Nylander are not players teams win Cups with.  The Jets even insulated Ehlers with a huge, tough team, and the guy still disappeared.  

23 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Ehlers already signed his extension last summer - 6M x 7 years including 3 UFA years starts this July.  

24 minutes ago, Alflives said:

:lol:

you are comparing two softies to guys who play hard, like Datsyuk and Hossa?  

Ehlers and Nylander are not players teams win Cups with.  The Jets even insulated Ehlers with a huge, tough team, and the guy still disappeared.  

You think ''sotfies'' become soft forever?

Look at Jon Marchessault, a big difference in his game to breakout was playing tough, at 5'9 174lbs..

6 minutes ago, Patrick Kane said:

You think ''sotfies'' become soft forever?

Look at Jon Marchessault, a big difference in his game to breakout was playing tough, at 5'9 174lbs..

A guy is either a softy or he isn’t.  Ehlers and Nylander are proven softies.  Character traits like that guys are born with.  Big Buff should have been playing in Ehler’s spot, and the Jets would have won!  Stupid coaching.

Archived