The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Van-Fla

For whatever reason the Florida Panthers can’t get 2016 2nd round draft prospect Adam Mascherin to sign. Now playing wise he hasn’t done anything to lose value but due to his reluctance to sign they can’t be expecting the same high 2nd round return on him. So this is a trade I’d make only if you’ve talked to Mascherin and his agent to see if he’d sign with the Canucks.

Adam Mascherin for 2018 3rd round pick.

Now I’ve been committee get draft picks not deal them out during this rebuild. However Mascherin is still just 19 years old and I really do feel if he’d sign here you’re getting 2nd round value for our 3rd round pick.

42 minutes ago, flickyoursedin said:

For whatever reason the Florida Panthers can’t get 2016 2nd round draft prospect Adam Mascherin to sign. Now playing wise he hasn’t done anything to lose value but due to his reluctance to sign they can’t be expecting the same high 2nd round return on him. So this is a trade I’d make only if you’ve talked to Mascherin and his agent to see if he’d sign with the Canucks.

Adam Mascherin for 2018 3rd round pick.

Now I’ve been committee get draft picks not deal them out during this rebuild. However Mascherin is still just 19 years old and I really do feel if he’d sign here you’re getting 2nd round value for our 3rd round pick.

OMG we should never make that trade, Adam Mascherin 5'9, 190 lbs we already have enough players with his style already and 3rd round pick will get a decent D man in 2018..

No No to trade..

22 minutes ago, wildcam said:

OMG we should never make that trade, Adam Mascherin 5'9, 190 lbs we already have enough players with his style already and 3rd round pick will get a decent D man in 2018..

No No to trade..

Do you know what Brayden Point, Tyler Johnson Yanni Gourde and Jonathan Marchasault all have in common? They’re all 50+ point players, sub 5’10” and oh yeah still in the playoffs.

The league is shifting to quickness. Smaller skilled guys are making it more and more every year.

Drafting in the 3rd round is bad percentages. You seem fairly optimistic in finding a stud in the 3rd round when less that 30% of the players picked in the 3rd round even make it to the NHL. Let alone finding a guy that’s above average.

Mascherin has progressed yearly since being drafted. Just out of curiosity who are the sub 5’10” players you are labeling as future Canucks? Is it Palmu? And that’s all I can think of... Palmu while looked great this year in Finland is still a very long shot. Only one other player Palmu’s size has ever made the NHL 40 years ago Theo Fleury. So cheer like heck he makes it but don’t be surprised if he doesn’t.

22 minutes ago, flickyoursedin said:

Do you know what Brayden Point, Tyler Johnson Yanni Gourde and Jonathan Marchasault all have in common? They’re all 50+ point players, sub 5’10” and oh yeah still in the playoffs.

The league is shifting to quickness. Smaller skilled guys are making it more and more every year.

Drafting in the 3rd round is bad percentages. You seem fairly optimistic in finding a stud in the 3rd round when less that 30% of the players picked in the 3rd round even make it to the NHL. Let alone finding a guy that’s above average.

Mascherin has progressed yearly since being drafted. Just out of curiosity who are the sub 5’10” players you are labeling as future Canucks? Is it Palmu? And that’s all I can think of... Palmu while looked great this year in Finland is still a very long shot. Only one other player Palmu’s size has ever made the NHL 40 years ago Theo Fleury. So cheer like heck he makes it but don’t be surprised if he doesn’t.

My Point is he would be #10 on depth chart of forwards not playing in the NHL for Vancouver..

We have enough players like him??

Lind,Gadjovich, Dahlen, Goldobin, Pettersson, Jasek, (Bouche NHL, AHL 2017-18) (Motte NHL & AHL 2017-18, (Liepsic NHL & minors 2017-18 season) ????? 10. Palmu.. All of these players are not full time NHL players and are better then Mascherin....Please JB do not add Mascherin, you mentioned he has got better every year since being drafted???? All these players a head of him have progressed big time since being drafted??

Nothing about size its just we already have 10 players better that are not even in NHL now...

We don't need Adam sorry...

Come on would rather keep 3rd round pick and get a good D prospect.....

38 minutes ago, flickyoursedin said:

lol you said Palmu is a long shot?? look at his stats compared to your friend Mascherin at 19??

Adam is a real long shot also?? What makes you think he is better then the 10 prospects i mentioned???????

Just because Adam had 85 Pts in 65 games in OHL does not mean he is a future NHL player?

Palmu is better..

10 minutes ago, wildcam said:

My Point is he would be #10 on depth chart of forwards not playing in the NHL for Vancouver..

We have enough players like him??

Lind,Gadjovich, Dahlen, Goldobin, Pettersson, Jasek, (Bouche NHL, AHL 2017-18) (Motte NHL & AHL 2017-18, (Liepsic NHL & minors 2017-18 season) ????? 10. Palmu.. All of these players are not full time NHL players and are better then Mascherin....Please JB do not add Mascherin, you mentioned he has got better every year since being drafted???? All these players a head of him have progressed big time since being drafted??

Nothing about size its just we already have 10 players better that are not even in NHL now...

We don't need Adam sorry...

Come on would rather keep 3rd round pick and get a good D prospect.....

Not every prospect turns out. I remember the days fans truly believed we had our own Toews and Kane in Hodgson and Schroeder. Of the players you’ve mentioned maybe half of those guys will turn out and maybe that’s optimistic. Adam Mascherin may not even turn out but he’s got a better chance than any dman we would take in the third round. I just proposed it because value wise I thought it was a great deal. Petrus played on a very strong team in the OHL. Mascherin had 21 more points than the next closest guy on his team. Try not to judge solely on point production.

With him probably going back in the draft if they can't trade him, I can't imagine it would take much.  Maybe a 5th round pick or a swap using someone we're not going to sign, like Stukel or Candella.

Giving our 2018 3rd rounder is basically a late 2nd, I'd rather keep it and have faith in Benning will come up with an even better pick.

I think we have enough our own prospects coming up the ranks,, especially on offense:  Lind, Gadjovich, Goldobin, Dahlen, etc., that I'd rather have an 18 years old that will play 2 years in junior before coming up.

17 hours ago, flickyoursedin said:

St. Louis, Gionta, Dionne, little guys that could.    At 190lbs he'd be pretty stocky and likely hard to knock off the puck.  Definitely slim chances with third round picks too, but the question here is who cares if he was drafted in the second round and it only cost us a third...it's can he play and is he worth it.  We've spent enough of our picks on fringe projects to add age depth in our prospect pool and depth players, we need impact players and I'd rather play the lottery (use the pick) than add another Pouilet.

1 hour ago, IBatch said:

St. Louis, Gionta, Dionne, little guys that could.    At 190lbs he'd be pretty stocky and likely hard to knock off the puck.  Definitely slim chances with third round picks too, but the question here is who cares if he was drafted in the second round and it only cost us a third...it's can he play and is he worth it.  We've spent enough of our picks on fringe projects to add age depth in our prospect pool and depth players, we need impact players and I'd rather play the lottery (use the pick) than add another Pouilet.

Mascherin is still just 19 years old. He was in the same draft as Dahlen and Juolevi. This isn’t like picking up a fringe soon to be waiver eligible project. Mascherin is a guy that’s progressed yearly since being drafted. His stock is definitely worth where he was drafted at a high 2nd round pick as the steps he’s made show more that he could make it. Especially more than a 3rd round lottery ticket. That’s why I’m so surprised this thread hasn’t been well recieved. For whatever reason he won’t sign with Florida. They’ll lose his rights June 1rst, get nothing for him and he’ll re-enter this upcoming draft. So you’re getting a good prospect at a discount. I think it’s like a 26% a third round pick even makes the NHL and a much much less % chance that guy is even above average. Mascherin (if he’ll sign with Vancouver) > 3rd round pick.

Maybe with our 3rd with it being a high one trade down for a mid to late 3rd and a 4th so then it kinda feels like a 3rd for Mascherin and a 4th

11 minutes ago, flickyoursedin said:

Mascherin is still just 19 years old. He was in the same draft as Dahlen and Juolevi. This isn’t like picking up a fringe soon to be waiver eligible project. Mascherin is a guy that’s progressed yearly since being drafted. His stock is definitely worth where he was drafted at a high 2nd round pick as the steps he’s made show more that he could make it. Especially more than a 3rd round lottery ticket. That’s why I’m so surprised this thread hasn’t been well recieved. For whatever reason he won’t sign with Florida. They’ll lose his rights June 1rst, get nothing for him and he’ll re-enter this upcoming draft. So you’re getting a good prospect at a discount. I think it’s like a 26% a third round pick even makes the NHL and a much much less % chance that guy is even above average. Mascherin (if he’ll sign with Vancouver) > 3rd round pick.

Maybe with our 3rd with it being a high one trade down for a mid to late 3rd and a 4th so then it kinda feels like a 3rd for Mascherin and a 4th

Well we have # 37 overall so never give that up and we really have 10 prospect already a head of Mascherin..

We already have lots of people complaining about no pick in 4th round so we will never give up the 3rd round pick..Sorry won;t happen....

So you people wanting to give up 3rd pick for Mascherin.. This means No 3rd pick or 4th round pick..

Sorry management want more picks not giving more picks up?????

We already have 10 prospect forwards a head of Mascherin 

Archived