The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Vancouuver Teen Must Repay $37 Million for Starting Wildfire

nucklehead

5 hours ago, canuktravella said:

probably cheaper for him just to move to canada lol justin trudeau would probably give him 10 mill if he was a isis terrorist 

I love how CDC never fails to give me my dose of "guess who the idiot is" on a daily basis

The sad thing is I'm seeing a lot more of this. Large corporations, and rich individuals getting off with a slap in the wrist, while middle and lower class folks are getting probably overkill on punishment. I agree with Smithers Joe, make the kid plant trees every summer for 10 years. That's probably better than what little money you're going to get. 

On Saltspring Island there's a rich landowner that wants to get rid of the Saltspring Island Rod & Gun Club. He's been screaming that they polluted his land with lead. 

(Reality is he should have done due dilligence before buying his property). The fact that the Club has been there since 1913 and was a militia grounds for the Island at one point. 

Now this guy has been doing everything he can to shut the club down. Why? Probably to increase the value of his own land, and I wouldn't be surprised if he wants the club land for himself (lead contamination or not).  Basically we're seeing two tier justice here. One set of rules for the rich, and the other set of rules for everyone else. 

4 hours ago, Warhippy said:

I love how CDC never fails to give me my dose of "guess who the idiot is" on a daily basis

I get the answer to that question everytime I look in the mirror.:P

heh, I didn't notice Vancouver was spelled with two "u's" until now (in the thread title).

I wonder what would happen if he decided to move to another country? like say at age 20 or something to restart his life and avoid the payments. 

He could claim asylum in Europe and state he was wrongly accused or something. 

I mean if a rapist/pedo like Roman Polanski can be given asylum I think he could too. 

But in all seriousness he has options. 

It's a pretty stupid premise. The kid is an absolute moron and should be punished without a doubt, but to state that he has to pay back $37,000,000 is just dumb. He clearly doesn't have the money to cover the debt at all, and will never be able to do so.

smithers joe had the right idea. Make him plant the trees his irretrievably stupid actions destroyed. While he's at it, he should personally apologize to each homeowner that his stupid actions caused to lose their houses.

Then he should be charged an amount that will still hurt, but is within the possibility of him to pay so that he feels it.

1 minute ago, canuktravella said:

trudeau would give this guy the order of canada  while wearing an alladin costume or woody the cowboy costume  because hes all about cultural appropriation  haha

Serious question, do you not remember making a similar comment as this on the first page?

Archived