The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Vancouuver Teen Must Repay $37 Million for Starting Wildfire

nucklehead

2 hours ago, DADDYROCK said:

HE BETTER TAKE UP  BABYSITTING OR ROBBING BANKS ON THE WEEKENDS BECAUSE THERE IS NO WAY TO PAY THAT SUM .

I think he already robbed a bank.....He robbed a bank of it's trees

Image result for columbia river gorge fire

Hayo:lol:

Now that's a burn.

3 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

I think he already robbed a bank.....He robbed a bank of it's trees

Image result for columbia river gorge fire

Hayo:lol:

Now that's a burn.

lgSDkvC.gif

2 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

It's a pretty stupid premise. The kid is an absolute moron and should be punished without a doubt, but to state that he has to pay back $37,000,000 is just dumb. He clearly doesn't have the money to cover the debt at all, and will never be able to do so.

smithers joe had the right idea. Make him plant the trees his irretrievably stupid actions destroyed. While he's at it, he should personally apologize to each homeowner that his stupid actions caused to lose their houses.

Then he should be charged an amount that will still hurt, but is within the possibility of him to pay so that he feels it.

I don't mind the punishment.

According to the article, he has to write over 150 apology letters to people affected by the fire and, if he stays out of trouble, the payments can be halted after 10 years.

While I do like Joe's idea too, the punishment isn't necessarily as severe as the headline implies.

16 hours ago, Ryan Strome said:

10 years? You must make a lot of money. 

lol I think you misunderstood the sentence I was trying to say.. He basically put his life 10 years behind regardless of what he wants to do. No matter what, he's going to have this stress hang over his head

2 minutes ago, Apple Juice said:

lol I think you misunderstood the sentence I was trying to say.. He basically put his life 10 years behind regardless of what he wants to do. No matter what, he's going to have this stress hang over his head

Ya my bad. It was explained to me. I apologize for assuming you were a 1%er.:P

13 hours ago, goalie13 said:

According to the article, payments can be halted after ten years if the kid makes his payments, completes probation and doesn't commit any other crimes.

But I'm just wondering when does it start? Effective immediately or when he starts earning taxable income?

18 hours ago, canuktravella said:

probably cheaper for him just to move to canada lol justin trudeau would probably give him 10 mill if he was a isis terrorist 

i guess complex issues just confuse you

so much easier to just blame trudeau for that settlement

no need to understand the legal issues at all

sure must make your life simpler

7 hours ago, canuktravella said:

trudeau would give this guy the order of canada  while wearing an alladin costume or woody the cowboy costume  because hes all about cultural appropriation  haha

just because you add haha

to your post

does not make it or you funny at all

4 hours ago, coastal.view said:

i guess complex issues just confuse you

so much easier to just blame trudeau for that settlement

no need to understand the legal issues at all

sure must make your life simpler

i get the issue our prime minister is a fool  who  takes care  of terrorists over  our vets, our seniors, our homeless, our indigenous populations. The americans should have shot that kid in the battlefield after he killed that american marine speer  ya thats just my opinion. 

7 hours ago, canuktravella said:

i get the issue our prime minister is a fool  who  takes care  of terrorists over  our vets, our seniors, our homeless, our indigenous populations. The americans should have shot that kid in the battlefield after he killed that american marine speer  ya thats just my opinion. 

...and everyone is entitled to an opinion.....

....even if it's uninformed...

10 hours ago, canuktravella said:

Although you could classify him as a terrorist in reality he was a child soldier who was abused by both sides...

If the Americans hadn't tortured him in Gitmo he probably would have just been a nobody.. Blame the Americans. 

Archived