The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Maple Leafs, Assistant General Manager Mark Hunter mutually agree to part ways

In the Province musings they said hiring Dubas was probably Shanahan's worse move yet and effectively closes the door on them getting Tavares.  Not like I care about Toronto or anything.:lol:

11 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

That's what I was thinking. Or, he doesn't want to work under Kyle Dubas.

Who would want to work with someone half their age and a quarter or their experience?

10 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

In the Province musings they said hiring Dubas was probably Shanahan's worse move yet and effectively closes the door on them getting Tavares.  Not like I care about Toronto or anything.:lol:

I agree. I think Shanahan flew to close to the sun on this one. That's two great minds gone in one week. Is that part of Shanaplan? Lol.

Makes me wonder if the Isle is his next stop.  Hunter was/is a great finder of talent.  Possible that Lou keeps Tavares in Long Island and him and Hunter stop the bleeding and build something nice around Tavares and Barzal

Can 100% understand why they mutually parted ways. I received a promotion with my old company about 8 years ago over my colleague and was then managing him. We were really close beforehand and he thought he’d be able to get over it, but after two weeks, he was just having a difficult time with the power shift.

Yes, being the bigger man and not allowing ego to get in the way is more desirable, but that’s far easier said than done.

1 hour ago, rekker said:

I agree. I think Shanahan flew to close to the sun on this one. That's two great minds gone in one week. Is that part of Shanaplan? Lol.

Hunter leaving definitely not part of the Shanaplan.

1 hour ago, Master Mind said:

Didn't get the GM job so he leaves? What a baby.

1 hour ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

That's what I was thinking. Or, he doesn't want to work under Kyle Dubas.

Maybe doesn't want to be under a baby.

Pretty clear they aren't all on the same page.  For the Leafs' sake, they need to hope Hunter was the only one.  From the outside, this does not look very good.

Archived