The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Sharks re-sign Evander Kane to long term contract

1 minute ago, billabong said:

Not surprised. Seemingly good fit in SJ

Defiantly overpaid, he’s getting more than hall, mackinnon and gaudreau.

i wouldn’t have gone over 6m 

at least now that domino has fallen early so we can move on 

different scenarios lol..

6 minutes ago, Qwags said:

Well, so much for that.

Canucks are in wrong stage of their rebuild for 7 years at 7 to most anyone that isn't a superstar.   He was a good fit in SJ but my guess this contract will look like Lucic's sooner than later.  

Just now, Rob_Zepp said:

Canucks are in wrong stage of their rebuild for 7 years at 7 to most anyone that isn't a superstar.   He was a good fit in SJ but my guess this contract will look like Lucic's sooner than later.  

Yup. Evander is only 26 but he plays a heavy game. Probably when he's 30 or 31 he'll be a mid 6 player making 7 mil. Which is not ideal.

Just now, sonoman said:

Yessss!  Now the Kane to Vancouver talk can finally stop. 

Until the talks start about us eating his contract because its overpaid LOL. No I'm joking. We will be in prime then. Will leave that up to another team.

1 minute ago, Adarsh Sant said:

Yup. Evander is only 26 but he plays a heavy game. Probably when he's 30 or 31 he'll be a mid 6 player making 7 mil. Which is not ideal.

Heavy and can be frustratingly inconsistent.   He "disappeared" for long stretches in his career where a month with a goal and maybe two assists would be all he would show up for.   

When contracts like this are signed and people complain about the contract for Sutter I shake my head.

Let's hope Jim doesn't go out and overpay JVR now.  Ugh, that would be even worse than overpaying Kane.  Statsny is the only guy I'd feel comfortable paying top dollar 2 if Jim felt he would be our 2nd line C during our peak.  Flip-flop with Pettersson at C. He could be useful for 5-6 years easy.

4 minutes ago, Nuck1991 said:

u ve gota draft em, develop them, develop the core. There are no shortcuts to the cup. Glad those rumors will br put to bed. 

Evander Kane. If he is still in the nhl when he hits 32 I will be surprised.  I got a feeling his career is going to end pre-maturely.

1 minute ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

What happened to the "He's going to go to free agency and go for the money?"

Told you he'd sign in San Jose. He's a good fit there. 

He got the money before free agency. :) No way he gets much more than 7 million in free agency.  If he held out and got lower offers San Jose could have lowered their offer. He was smart to cash out well the strong offer was on the table. San Jose is a pretty well-run organization so I can't say its a bad move for him.

Archived