The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Sharks re-sign Evander Kane to long term contract

I had a feeling kane would re sign in san jose, his personality definitely suits cali. I’m sure he loves the lifestyle down there and he produced well for the sharks down the stretch.Can’t help but feel relieved he didn’t sign here though.

2 hours ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Heavy and can be frustratingly inconsistent.   He "disappeared" for long stretches in his career where a month with a goal and maybe two assists would be all he would show up for.   

When contracts like this are signed and people complain about the contract for Sutter I shake my head.

I think he'll work out just fine for awhile but happens if they start sucking a bit? Does Kane dissapear?

Quite possibly.

18 minutes ago, Nancouver said:

I had a feeling kane would re sign in san jose, his personality definitely suits cali. I’m sure he loves the lifestyle down there and he produced well for the sharks down the stretch.Can’t help but feel relieved he didn’t sign here though.

This. I was pretty sure he would sign there. Been to San Jose and San Fran. It's beautiful and even prettier with 49 million in your jeans. Too much for Kane IMHO.  I would of maybe done 6 for 6 but even that's a stretch. Look up his career stats. Underwhelming for all the hype around him. 

21 minutes ago, HomeBrew said:

That much for someone who's only produce over 50 pts once?! I'm glad he's signed long term over there.

Points are not everything. The cap will be about 80 mill. $7 mill isn't what it used to be.

3 hours ago, billabong said:

Not surprised. Seemingly good fit in SJ

Defiantly overpaid, he’s getting more than hall, mackinnon and gaudreau.

i wouldn’t have gone over 6m 

at least now that domino has fallen early so we can move on 

Yeah man thats a touch over what 99% of ppl would have paid. More than Johnny hockey... And Hall.. Thats pushing it.

3 hours ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Canucks are in wrong stage of their rebuild for 7 years at 7 to most anyone that isn't a superstar.   He was a good fit in SJ but my guess this contract will look like Lucic's sooner than later.  

my concern was someone coming forward with a new allegation once a deal was signed.... i guess we'll find out. 

I'm disappointed to lose a chance at the skill set, the person.... we'll see. 

1 hour ago, Pears said:

Imagine the outrage if Benning signed him to that contract?

1 hour ago, PhillipBlunt said:

I would have liked to see Kane sporting Canucks colours but not at the Lucic noose contract rate. 

Yeah, figured if that's the money and term it would take to get him, hoping we'd pass.  Looks like decision's been made for us but would definitely, definitively, and defiantly rather have Kane than Lucic on that deal.

We're going to sign UFAs this summer but may well be holding tonnes of cash still come training camp.

3 hours ago, billabong said:

Not surprised. Seemingly good fit in SJ

Defiantly overpaid, he’s getting more than hall, mackinnon and gaudreau.

i wouldn’t have gone over 6m 

at least now that domino has fallen early so we can move on 

Unfortunately that's always the way. Having to move on.

Looking like another batch of “c” grade ufas to fill the roster July 1st. 

That cap space money burning a hole in spender Jim’s leg. 

I was was hoping for E kane but oh well perineal bottom feeders rarely get top ufas. 

Overterm and overpaid.  He was good for tem fit well, but wasn't spectacular out of this world either.

Sharks with a dumb dumb signing and don't see them a legit contender.  Good for Kane though, did what he had to do to cash in.

6 minutes ago, HomeBrew said:

I guess we shouldn't be complaining about Eriksson's contract with that logic... :huh:

Exactly, Loui is overpaid, but not by as much as some think. Solid defensively, needs more offensive output and I would not be surprised to see him get 20-25 goals this year. Should get a bit more offensive time with the twins being gone.

Archived