The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Sharks re-sign Evander Kane to long term contract

3 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

What happened to the "He's going to go to free agency and go for the money?"

Told you he'd sign in San Jose. He's a good fit there. 

I don't think he tops that in free agency, SJS went full $ and term, no reason to wait. 

I'm more annoyed by Buffalo getting another 1st round pick :P

4 minutes ago, gurn said:

Exactly, Loui is overpaid, but not by as much as some think. Solid defensively, needs more offensive output and I would not be surprised to see him get 20-25 goals this year. Should get a bit more offensive time with the twins being gone.

6 mil is a lot for someone who is just "solid defensively". I guess we should actually be paying Horvat 9 mil by that logic? I'm sure glad you aren't the GM, you'd giving out contracts purely by request. 

6 minutes ago, HomeBrew said:

6 mil is a lot for someone who is just "solid defensively". I guess we should actually be paying Horvat 9 mil by that logic? I'm sure glad you aren't the GM, you'd giving out contracts purely by request. 

And if you were the gm they would all be playing for NHL minimum I suppose?

The cap is going to be 80 mill, 6 mill doesn't get what it did.

11 minutes ago, HomeBrew said:

Loui has topped 60 points 5x in his career and 20+ goals 6 times with 2 over 30. He's got a lot more to give if put on the correct line, like with Bo and Boeser. Kane hasn't come close to that kind of career production.

1 hour ago, rekker said:

This. I was pretty sure he would sign there. Been to San Jose and San Fran. It's beautiful and even prettier with 49 million in your jeans. Too much for Kane IMHO.  I would of maybe done 6 for 6 but even that's a stretch. Look up his career stats. Underwhelming for all the hype around him. 

He got ufa money before july 1st that’s for sure. I’m sure some other team would have overpaid him as well 

1 minute ago, Jimmy McGill said:

Loui has topped 60 points 5x in his career and 20+ goals 6 times with 2 over 30. He's got a lot more to give if put on the correct line, like with Bo and Boeser. 

Yeah I agree he seemed worth the contract at the time because of his history, but he has had sub 25 point seaons in the last two and is being paid $7,500,000 this upcoming year. To say he isn't living up to his contract is an understatement. gurn is just out to lunch.

Just now, Nancouver said:

He got ufa money before july 1st that’s for sure. I’m sure some other team would have overpaid him as well 

Your right there on it being UFA money. To live in a city like that, competitive franchise, dollars, term. I don't blame him for putting pen to paper now. You never know what may happen on July 1st. Not like teams were lined up for him on deadline day.

1 minute ago, HomeBrew said:

Yeah I agree he seemed worth the contract at the time because of his history, but he has had sub 25 point seaons in the last two and is being paid $7,500,000 this upcoming year. To say he isn't living up to his contract is an understatement. gurn is just out to lunch.

I understand that, but a lot of that has to do with deployment imo. Just put him with Bo. 

3 minutes ago, DollarAndADream said:

Would you rather:

Evander Kane - $7M for 7 years?

Loui Eriksson - $6M for 6 years?

I'm not even certain which I'd prefer. Both are bad. Although we signed Loui 2 years ago, and Kane has been great since then, and wasn't amazing before it.

LE contract is brutal. But we suck so it doesn't hurt us too bad right now. 

10 minutes ago, DollarAndADream said:

Would you rather:

I'm not even certain which I'd prefer. Both are bad. Although we signed Loui 2 years ago, and Kane has been great since then, and wasn't amazing before it.

Eriksson can still bounce back and his contract is shorter. Loui all the way lol. ask me next tdl tho if he hasn't turned it around yet.

39 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

my concern was someone coming forward with a new allegation once a deal was signed.... i guess we'll find out. 

I'm disappointed to lose a chance at the skill set, the person.... we'll see. 

30 other teams are probably agreeing with you on the skill set, but I bet at least half of those share your other concern AND look at the length and cost and go "hmmmmm".

12 minutes ago, DollarAndADream said:

Would you rather:

I'd take Kane.

Hopefully Eriksson can pick up his play next season. Dude is a massive bummer

2 minutes ago, luckylager said:

@coastal.view

Why the confused face?

Screenshot_20180522-203039.png

was not really directed at you

although i did react to your post

it is more the spelling issues on here

some are so elementary

but i see it more and more .. . spelling accuracy is disappearing

and poor spellers are in denial overall. .and do not use spell check