• Announcements

• StealthNuck

All Threads Must Contain Tags!   07/25/2017

ALL THREADS MUST CONTAIN TAGS   All threads in this forum must contain tags prefixed to topic titles. The purpose of the tags is to eliminate confusion in recent threads lists, and to create an organized and consistent environment. Moderators may immediately lock and thread that does not contain tags.    Tags must be placed at the start of your thread title, following this exact formatting:    [Tag] Thread Title   Here are some of the most used popular tags:    [Proposal]
      A trade, or trades, for next season, or even the off-season.
      [Off-Season]
      FA signings, off-season trades for RFA's, UFA's rights etc...
      [Value Of]
      (A question regarding a players worth, whether from another team, or the Canucks)
      [Speculation] Posting a rumor (with a source of course), but providing why it could be possible for the Canucks to land that player.   [Discussion]
      Thoughts on team trading strategy and composition.   Please feel free to create your own tag if none of these suit your thread.   
Sign in to follow this  
Rick_theRyper

Van & NYI [proposal]

With Nilson's epic gold medal run... Can one think maybe a package deal of some sorts can be made to get that all worthy 2nd (1st) round pick. If we could land a mid first ie the later of NYI's 2 (1st) rounds.. Use that and wait for it.. Tanev to land another top 10 pick. Would all this effort be worth the while. I say yes lets move out some mid range talent for a shot at 2 upper range talent guys instead of letting folks walk over the next little while.. Here we go.

To NYI:

Ben Hutton

Sven Baercheese 

Anders Nilson 

2nd round 2019

To Van:

2018 1st 

2019 3rd

Phase two..

To Montr`eal:

2018 1st from NYI

Chris Tanev

To Van: 

Montreal's 2018 1st 

Could be picked apart torn to pieces or switched up a million slightly different ways. But I really think this is the draft made for us. To get two of these top Dmen would help us out so much its almost a must do.. 

Not quite a first time poster long time reader.. But be kind. Cheers canuck nation.

• Upvote 3

Works for me.

who do we draft with the 

Hab’s pick at three?

11 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

A few good games in one tournament doesn’t erase 105 mediocre NHL games

101 mediocre games, maybe. He did get 4 shutouts.

Like @qwijibo said. NYI aren't going to trade a high first round pick for spare parts.

If they have a need for Tanev something could be worked out around that, maybe

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Rick_theRyper said:

With Nilson's epic gold medal run... Can one think maybe a package deal of some sorts can be made to get that all worthy 2nd (1st) round pick. If we could land a mid first ie the later of NYI's 2 (1st) rounds.. Use that and wait for it.. Tanev to land another top 10 pick. Would all this effort be worth the while. I say yes lets move out some mid range talent for a shot at 2 upper range talent guys instead of letting folks walk over the next little while.. Here we go.

To NYI:

Ben Hutton

Sven Baercheese 

Anders Nilson 

2nd round 2019

To Van:

2018 1st 

2019 3rd

Phase two..

To Montr`eal:

2018 1st from NYI

Chris Tanev

To Van: 

Montreal's 2018 1st 

Could be picked apart torn to pieces or switched up a million slightly different ways. But I really think this is the draft made for us. To get two of these top Dmen would help us out so much its almost a must do.. 

Not quite a first time poster long time reader.. But be kind. Cheers canuck nation.

did you not read who the isles just hired to run their team
you think lou is stupid and will take spare parts and a back up goalie

in exchange for a 1st rounder ??

if he needs/wants a goalie as badly as you presume

he can easily trade that 1st rounder for a starting very good goalie

you should give him a call and see if he bites maybe? :wub:

Edited by coastal.view

If you're going to go this route, I think I have to agree with dropping Montreal out of it and just stick with the Islanders

Tanev

Markstrom

Hutton 

Baertschi

for

NYI 1rst

NYI 2nd

Halak

rights to Dehaan

Ho-sang

and Pulock.

5 hours ago, Solinar said:

If you're going to go this route, I think I have to agree with dropping Montreal out of it and just stick with the Islanders

Tanev

Markstrom

Hutton 

Baertschi

for

NYI 1rst

NYI 2nd

Halak

rights to Dehaan

Ho-sang

and Pulock.

I don’t think the OP’s trades are realistic because Montreal doesn’t want to pay the price “pun intended” to get Tanev with where their franchise is at. NYI on the other hand going for Tanev makes a lot of sense. I think this trade works better for all parties. I’m not sure on proper values but something like this looks great to me. Call it in!

22 hours ago, gurn said:

101 mediocre games, maybe. He did get 4 shutouts.

Also 5 in the KHL as well. Add on his gold medal run. He has been nothing short of spotty high-end talent. But none the less capable of high end performances..

8 hours ago, Solinar said:

Tanev

Markstrom

Hutton 

Baertschi

for

NYI 1rst

NYI 2nd

Halak

rights to Dehaan

Ho-sang

and Pulock.

What about just the variety package plus Tanev going to NYI for the later 1st plus another 2nd/ 3rd and maybe the missing 4th..? Up our end with a 2nd or 3rd next year. End up with ton 'o' picks on a deep year!.. Meh maybe over thinking this. But I swear load up this year. 

= van

2 . 1st

2. 2nds or 2. 3rds

1.  3rd

1.  4th

Etc. Etc.

(.)(.)

¥

©mr.grey.

• Upvote 1

I truly think our best bet this year is either trading with the Islanders or with Edmonton.  They could use a variety of what we have to sell, and we can use what they have in the system.  Now to see if that would ever happen.

Tanev and Nilsson, 

For

11th OA and a  4th

Nilsson is better than anybody they have.  Tanev would be their shut down defenseman.   This would show Tavares they are improving.   They still have 12th OA to build for the future.

We would then take the best defenseman available at 7OA and either Kotkaniemi or Veleno at 11th.  Whoever JB likes better.

Rebuild over(exaggerating)

Imagine 

7 Hughes

11 Kotkaniemi

37 best defenseman available

2 hours ago, Dixon Ward said:

Tanev and Nilsson, 

For

11th OA and a  4th

Nilsson is better than anybody they have.  Tanev would be their shut down defenseman.   This would show Tavares they are improving.   They still have 12th OA to build for the future.

We would then take the best defenseman available at 7OA and either Kotkaniemi or Veleno at 11th.  Whoever JB likes better.

Imagine 

7 Hughes

11 Kotkaniemi

I would take Kotkaniemi or Wahlstrom at 7 if they are still there, I have the feeling both of them will be gone at 11. 

So at 11 we still get a good Dmen, one of Bouchard, Hughes, Boqvist, Dobson, Smith, Wilde

5 hours ago, Dixon Ward said:

Tanev and Nilsson, 

For

11th OA and a  4th

Imagine 

7 Hughes

11 Kotkaniemi

That is extremely debatable.  Regardless, Nilsson is not a starting goalie. He’s an average back up at best.  I fully expect to see them go after someone like Grubauer. As far as Tanev goes,I doubt any team gives up much for him  until he can prove that he can stay reasonably healthy. The 11th overall doesn’t seem likely.  

3 hours ago, qwijibo said:

That is extremely debatable.  Regardless, Nilsson is not a starting goalie. He’s an average back up at best.  I fully expect to see them go after someone like Grubauer. As far as Tanev goes,I doubt any team gives up much for him  until he can prove that he can stay reasonably healthy. The 11th overall doesn’t seem likely.  

Everything is extremely debatable.  Hence the existence of CDC. ::D

I don't know what uncle Lou would want but JB should go get 1 of his 1st round picks.