The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[The Value of] Sven Baertschi to NYI

5 minutes ago, Petterrson's Dangle said:

If pacioretti is moved as many expect they wont. They'll have Gally, then Carr. But point taken, assuming all stays the same, I would agree, didn't realize Gally was playing lw vs rw - he should really be a center but...

They also have Byron who has put up consecutive 20 goal seasons.  

On 5/25/2018 at 3:36 PM, Ronaldoescobar said:

I could see Baer getting a late 3rd early 4th round pick but not much more at this time. 

Yet a quick search will show the majority in here calling this acquisition one of JBs greatest trades as GM

Just now, martybyrd said:

Yet a quick search will show the majority in here calling this acquisition one of JBs greatest trades as GM

I would rather JB kept that second.  I like Bear.  He seems like a really nice person, and he loves dogs.  I just don’t think much of him as a hockey player.

i don’t think he has any trade value. 

If anything, I would even entertain the possibility of a trade between NYI and Van as such:

Bo Horvat to NYI

11th and 12th 2018 1st round pick to Van.

Now hoooolllddd on you might say! Not Bo!!! Hes our future!! Perhaps even our next Captain!

Reality is, he has a history with injuries. Out of four seasons with the Canucks, he's played almost two full 82 game seasons. Yes his skating has improved monumentally and he is a damn threat in the offensive zone, but is he a long term first line centre? Realistically speaking, the answer is no. A great thrid line centre down the line to help kill penalties and perhaps having a shutdown role. I just don't forsee him being able to keep up with the way the game is trending towards.

So what are the returns? With the 11th pick, we could most defintely acquire someone like Rasmus Kupari who in my opinon is NHL ready. Has size and skill. But more importantly, is already stupid fast and exemplifies great edge work. If you guys haven't already, go check out his highlights from the 17-18 season. You'll be impressed and also question why he isn't ranked higher.

With the 12th pick I would select RHD Bode Wilde. 6'1" and 195 pounds, Wilde is NHL sized and has skills to boot. Amazingly soft hands and an adept skater, he would make an impact on our blueline sooner rather than later. 16 points in 25 USDT games with 16 PIMS and a plus 19. 

Now I would also see what kind of return we could expect from someone like Baer.  Perhaps an additional 2nd and 3rd round pick. Lots of D-men in that rank bracket we could explore. Someone like Mattias Samuelsson.

Point is, we need to get faster and at the same time find more skilled scorers. These two guys along with a pick like Tkackuk at 7th and a centre like Jake Wise with our 36th pick would definitely round this team out into something really special. 

My two cents at least. Now go pick this post apart.

Who could use him? In what role? IMO he could be a depth guy, he does have speed and that is always useful somewhere. Bu he is only as good as his line mates, he doesn't "drive" the line.

If the NHL does away with hitting in the regular season he might worth more.

On 5/31/2018 at 2:50 PM, BildurQovax said:

If anything, I would even entertain the possibility of a trade between NYI and Van as such:

Bo Horvat to NYI

Now hoooolllddd on you might say! Not Bo!!! Hes our future!! Perhaps even our next Captain!

Reality is, he has a history with injuries. Out of four seasons with the Canucks, he's played almost two full 82 game seasons. Yes his skating has improved monumentally and he is a damn threat in the offensive zone, but is he a long term first line centre? Realistically speaking, the answer is no. A great thrid line centre down the line to help kill penalties and perhaps having a shutdown role. I just don't forsee him being able to keep up with the way the game is trending towards.

So what are the returns? With the 11th pick, we could most defintely acquire someone like Rasmus Kupari who in my opinon is NHL ready. Has size and skill. But more importantly, is already stupid fast and exemplifies great edge work. If you guys haven't already, go check out his highlights from the 17-18 season. You'll be impressed and also question why he isn't ranked higher.

With the 12th pick I would select RHD Bode Wilde. 6'1" and 195 pounds, Wilde is NHL sized and has skills to boot. Amazingly soft hands and an adept skater, he would make an impact on our blueline sooner rather than later. 16 points in 25 USDT games with 16 PIMS and a plus 19. 

Now I would also see what kind of return we could expect from someone like Baer.  Perhaps an additional 2nd and 3rd round pick. Lots of D-men in that rank bracket we could explore. Someone like Mattias Samuelsson.

Point is, we need to get faster and at the same time find more skilled scorers. These two guys along with a pick like Tkackuk at 7th and a centre like Jake Wise with our 36th pick would definitely round this team out into something really special. 

Heck of a first post!

Nothing to pick apart. Canucks aren't trading Horvat.

On 5/29/2018 at 2:04 PM, martybyrd said:

Only among a few uninformed.    More informed people see the game Baer, a former relatively high first round pick, would garner a nice return if traded but not a good thing to trade one of your top wingers until you have established options.   Further, lots of acquisitions over the past three years but you have been making too many handles here and coming back time and time again .... being busy doing that is not enough time to notice what the Canucks were actually doing.

On 5/31/2018 at 2:50 PM, BildurQovax said:

Bo Horvat to NYI

No, he doesn't.

Sorry, but what an absolutely dumb post. Nothing you suggested makes it worth trading away Horvat.

Archived