The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Milwaukee police release video showing violent arrest of NBA player Sterling Brown

Toews

4 hours ago, kingofsurrey said:

Right now police forces in Canada are  hurting  for new applicants.

Basically young people do not want to work in law enforcement.

Most likely the entrance requirements will keep dropping .... until soon a  Gr. 10  highschool  level will be acceptable....

I think law enforcement needs to start to research why the job is so unattractive to so many young people....

When you see on social media all the time how people quickly villainize law enforcement can you blame them?  It's often a thankless job.  If someone feels people are going to hate you just for putting on the uniform, why take a job where you could risk your life everyday?

58 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

When you see on social media all the time how people quickly villainize law enforcement can you blame them?  It's often a thankless job.  If someone feels people are going to hate you just for putting on the uniform, why take a job where you could risk your life everyday?

From what i hear......   lots of night shifts.... lots of paperwork..... working weekends......

Dealing with many people with  mental health issues...

Not what many young people are looking for. 

14 hours ago, Toews said:

The claim is a fact. Black people get killed at a disproportionately higher rate than the rest of the population. I don't really care what some conservative yahoo with 20k subscribers on YouTube told you.

I am against cops brutalizing innocent African-American youth like Sterling Brown.

I know I wouldn't come back feeling that cops are justified to beat, tase or murder unarmed African-Americans who pose no threat to them.

Cause and effect, that. 

F331E830-2DA3-4A45-A6B2-C5FBDC751A6B.jpeg.be439f77e17988c9c03c10daa5a6c489.jpegCA0BE67A-1B05-4244-B7FF-29CCC643C3EE.png.8e7a1c2f0f88681a4aed6cdedca55b3e.png

And special for you :

80C90CAE-A29D-4772-A5EB-4E5EF5A00944.jpeg.c02afdf2f6ebaeb53d3042cdeae72633.jpeg

14 hours ago, Warhippy said:

After you.  Please, lead the way.  I am sure you don't have any sort of issue working around those people on a full time basis based on numerous comments

I’m not racist, I just don’t like to listen to you and Toews take a dump on white people at every opportunity you can find. I think you’re consistently clear on your stance about the races, but on this very liberal site, nobody really says much about it. 

On 2018-05-24 at 7:40 AM, Toews said:

He is not famous. He is a rookie who was picked with a mid 2nd. Unless you are a hardcore basketball fan you have probably never heard of this guy in your life.

I suppose it's true that this isn't a "big deal" as African-Americans are regularly beaten, tased, shot and arrested without cause while the rest of the society pretends the problem doesn't exist until of course another incident like this one pops up somewhere else.

Is this another racist cop in your mind?

**warning graphic video inside**

https://www.rt.com/usa/427861-naked-black-man-police-shooting/

Anyone who thinks police have an easy job should watch the video above. So many of you blame cops or call them racist. 

Conveniently this incident didn't get a thread. I wonder if it's because the officer is black? Actually I know that's the reason. 

On 2018-05-24 at 6:04 PM, kingofsurrey said:

Right now police forces in Canada are  hurting  for new applicants.

Basically young people do not want to work in law enforcement.

Most likely the entrance requirements will keep dropping .... until soon a  Gr. 10  highschool  level will be acceptable....

I think law enforcement needs to start to research why the job is so unattractive to so many young people....

The pay is garbage, they put their lives on the line daily and no matter what they do this new generation will blame police officers and generalise. Can't really blame people for not wanting to become a police officer.

On 2018-05-24 at 9:18 AM, peaches5 said:

There are counties in the US that make you take an IQ test before entering the police academy and if you score too highly you are not accepted. The reasoning is people with higher IQs have a very high drop out rate. So a lot of the officers have below average IQ's. There are also volunteer officer programs in places and they literally give volunteers police badges and guns, who have actually shot and killed people.

Do you have a source for this?

1 hour ago, Ryan Strome said:

Is this another racist cop in your mind?

**warning graphic video inside**

https://www.rt.com/usa/427861-naked-black-man-police-shooting/

Didn't click on your video. My guess its another attempt at a deflection, which is really all you are good for. 

Anyone who thinks police have an easy job should watch the video above. So many of you blame cops or call them racist. 

Conveniently this incident didn't get a thread. I wonder if it's because the officer is black? Actually I know that's the reason. 

1) Nobody has said police have an easy job. Strawman.

2) Nobody has said cops are racist. Another strawman.

3) Go create a thread then. Who is stopping you? 

The pay is garbage, they put their lives on the line daily and no matter what they do this new generation will blame police officers and generalise. Can't really blame people for not wanting to become a police officer.

Yes, people will hold police responsible for incidents like Sterling Brown. I notice you haven't commented on the way this arrest was made. I wonder if it's because the police in this incident were 100% wrong.

That last part is right on the money.

Do you have a source for this?

And finally, do you not know how to use the multi-quote function even after 9 years on this forum? It's the '+' icon right beside the quote feature. Use it to keep all your garbage in one post and stop spamming my thread.

15 minutes ago, Toews said:

Didn't click on your video. My guess its another attempt at a deflection, which is really all you are good for. 

1) Nobody has said police have an easy job. Strawman.

2) Nobody has said cops are racist. Another strawman.

3) Go create a thread then. Who is stopping you? 

Yes, people will hold police responsible for incidents like Sterling Brown. I notice you haven't commented on the way this arrest was made. I wonder if it's because the police in this incident were 100% wrong.

And finally, do you not know how to use the multi-quote function even after 9 years on this forum? It's the '+' icon right beside the quote feature. Use it to keep all your garbage in one post and stop spamming my thread.

Your thread as if you decide who can be in it. :lol: Get over yourself, you are just another far lefty sjw who wants to blame everyone for everything. You constantly rag on cops you could never do such a dangerous job. Now go to bed and get ready for your Sunday shift.

11 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Your thread as if you decide who can be in it. :lol: Get over yourself, you are just another far lefty sjw who wants to blame everyone for everything. You constantly rag on cops you could never do such a dangerous job. Now go to bed and get ready for your Sunday shift.

When did I ask you to leave? I told you to stop spamming. In my thread you follow the board rules, if you continue to persist in spamming I will be forced to get the mods involved. I am not letting you derail my thread with your usual garbage. 

On 5/24/2018 at 9:54 AM, riffraff said:

They article mentions his position on the NBA team he plays for.  This automatically sets his story aside from the everyday man.  That's my point.

all people are harassed by police in both the US and Canada.  Police harass their own police - if you're a female.

i won't get into my personal experiences of mistreatment.  I won't get into my family members experiences of mistreatment or my friends.  

In Canada......

but I will say that one of the instances made this video look like a cake walk.

Its not a competition guy - its about right and wrong. What they did was wrong, what you may have experienced is also wrong, it doesn't mean that just because you and those you know may have experienced worse, this somehow doesn't matter.

This issue matters because its endemic of police abuse of power in the usa, particularly against people of colour.

39 minutes ago, Toews said:

When did I ask you to leave? I told you to stop spamming. In my thread you follow the board rules, if you continue to persist in spamming I will be forced to get the mods involved. I am not letting you derail my thread with your usual garbage. 

You do what you want. There is about four or five threads that I can report you for derailing and spamming. 

59 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

How can you justify what happened to that guy as 'a cop being fearful'. You are generalizing and your generalization is invalid.

This INSTANCE is clearly wrong, why can't you admit that? Why is this defensible in your mind?

Just now, Petterrson's Dangle said:

How can you justify what happened to that guy as 'a cop being fearful'. You are generalizing and your generalization is invalid.

This INSTANCE is clearly wrong, why can't you admit that? Why is this defensible in your mind?

It is wrong no doubt but there is far to many threads that generalize and blame cops no matter what. Ever notice if a black cop kills a black person it's barely talked about but if a white cop does it It's racism and these white cops want to kill black people and it's all over the news. 

Just now, Ryan Strome said:

It is wrong no doubt but there is far to many threads that generalize and blame cops no matter what. Ever notice if a black cop kills a black person it's barely talked about but if a white cop does it It's racism and these white cops want to kill black people and it's all over the news. 

Well I think the history of racism in the usa and police brutality against the black community play a role in that guy.

I am sorry but if you want to compare the socioeconomic struggles of black people relative white people as being similar (implicit in your comment as you believe the gravity of your example is the same), you need to take a few american history courses.

Dude, NFL owners just told a whole league full of black players, you cant kneel, or you're fined - sounds alot like a slave owner telling a slave what to do doesn't it? Rich whit men telling the black man what to do? Be thankful you are not unfortunate enough to go through life as an african american in the usa, or a visible minority in general

This does not mean all white people are to blame, this is a generalization many who don't understand the issues use as a defense. However, to suggest racism is not alive and well in this country as well, through the socioeconomic system, is absurd.

4 minutes ago, Petterrson's Dangle said:

Well I think the history of racism in the usa and police brutality against the black community play a role in that guy.

I am sorry but if you want to compare the socioeconomic struggles of black people relative white people as being similar (implicit in your comment as you believe the gravity of your example is the same), you need to take a few american history courses.

Dude, NFL owners just told a whole league full of black players, you cant kneel, or you're fined - sounds alot like a slave owner telling a slave what to do doesn't it? Rich whit men telling the black man what to do? Be thankful you are not unfortunate enough to go through life as an african american in the usa, or a visible minority in general

This does not mean all white people are to blame, this is a generalization many who don't understand the issues use as a defense. However, to suggest racism is not alive and well in this country as well, through the socioeconomic system, is absurd.

So are white football players slaves as well? And would it also be rich white guy telling white guy what to do?

Racism does exist no question it also exists against white people. 

Crime rate is high with African Americans that is a fact. Does that play a role in police brutality against black people? I'm sure poor training plays a role but I don't think racism does to the level so many people believe it does. 

1 minute ago, Ryan Strome said:

So are white football players slaves as well? And would it also be rich white guy telling white guy what to do?

Racism does exist no question it also exists against white people. 

Crime rate is high with African Americans that is a fact. Does that play a role in police brutality against black people? I'm sure poor training plays a role but I don't think racism does to the level so many people believe it does. 

If you think white people in north america suffer from racism similar to a black person... you are 100% mistaken......

Archived