The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Van / Wsh

As we are looking to get bigger in to bottom 6, do you think we should be interested in Tom Wilson?

Wilson for either Grandlund or Beartchi

they are all similar age, all RFA’s. I think vaertchi or Grandlund would sign cheaper than Wilson and Washington has limited space, especially if thy sign Carleson.

1 hour ago, clynch said:

As we are looking to get bigger in to bottom 6, do you think we should be interested in Tom Wilson?

they are all similar age, all RFA’s. I think vaertchi or Grandlund would sign cheaper than Wilson and Washington has limited space, especially if thy sign Carleson.

Wilson 24 yrs old 6'4 gritty tough and can play on 1st line with Olvichkin..

Oh it will cost a lots more then Grandlund or Beartchi..

Wilson RFA new contract should be around 2.8 Million..

Would really like Wilson on Vancouver, this is the type of player we really need..

Washington will have cap issue, Carlson, Bowey,Wilson and few other players, (8 million in cap space)

Washington - Beartchi t ( 4th rd pick 2019)--- Vancouver- (Wilson t 6th rounder 2018)

3 hours ago, billabong said:

Wilson? You mean the guy putting himself on the map these playoffs? Ya he’s gonna cost an arm and leg

Gonna need to include hutton and/or 2nd pick and maybe take back orpiks salary 

Hutton is 2.8M for 6 assists in 61 games.  No reason for them to want that amount against their cap.  That's 2.8M that could go towards the Wilson or Carlson contract.  

Buying out Orpicks is a lower cap hit than adding Hutton.  

19 hours ago, wildcam said:

Wilson 24 yrs old 6'4 gritty tough and can play on 1st line with Olvichkin..

Oh it will cost a lots more then Grandlund or Beartchi..

Wilson RFA new contract should be around 2.8 Million..

Would really like Wilson on Vancouver, this is the type of player we really need..

Washington will have cap issue, Carlson, Bowey,Wilson and few other players, (8 million in cap space)

Washington - Beartchi t ( 4th rd pick 2019)--- Vancouver- (Wilson t 6th rounder 2018)

I’d have to agree that would be fair value.  Nothing against Baertchi, but I’d rather Wilson, particularly with the other guys we have on the roster.  THis is the type of guy I hope Virtana can become in another 3 years.  I think Virt’s issue (among others) is confidence and backup.

Wilson is a beast, if Virtanen could play his style I would be very happy. 

I just dont see Jake being that aggressive phyiscally though. He will have to transition his game somehow to be a long time relevant nhl player. More than likely he wont be a goal scoring sniper like Junior...got to adapt

As for what it would cost, probably more than what we can afford to give up, plus Caps are in the finals, Wilson is the type of guy you want on your team for that kind of hockey, be silly for Caps to move him

23 hours ago, clynch said:

Do you think the Caps would toss in Ovi too? 

Wilson is good, Grandlund and Baer......

2 hours ago, clynch said:

I’d have to agree that would be fair value.  Nothing against Baertchi, but I’d rather Wilson, particularly with the other guys we have on the roster.  THis is the type of guy I hope Virtana can become in another 3 years.  I think Virt’s issue (among others) is confidence and backup.

I agree Virtanen will start to lay the body more,  Jake's confidence has show in his play this year..

Really think jake will start to use speed more driving to net causing havoc..

He will be more aggressive in time, only 21 yrs old...

Future 18-24 goal guy-- 38-45 point guy...Before he turns 24..

On ‎5‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 5:06 PM, Alflives said:

Love to get Wilson, but we need to draft a guy like him.  Maybe we have one in Gadjovic?  

Baer and Granny have little value.  

We have a Wilson in the making, MacEwen can skate and play with an edge. 

Archived