The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

SCF: (P1) Vegas Golden Knights vs. (M1) Washington Capitals | Capitals win 2018 Stanley Cup

2018 Stanley Cup Final  

176 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the Stanley Cup?

• Golden Knights in 4
    • Golden Knights in 5
    • Golden Knights in 6
    • Golden Knights in 7
    • Capitals in 4
    • Capitals in 5
    • Capitals in 6
    • Capitals in 7

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/31/2018 at 12:00 AM

9 minutes ago, Captain Azzy said:

Besides our own Nucks, I can't think of a single player I want to see win the Cup more than Ovie. He's a class above, a legend of our time, and has done so much for the league over the years. It's surely his turn.

On the other hand at least we'd get to see 

Luca+Sbisa+World+Cup+Hockey+2016+Practic

lift the Cup.

So happy for Ovechkin and the Caps!  Finally found my OV “Assistant Captain” jersey today after looking all around since the beginning of the playoffs.  Was dirty and got a cigarette hole in it so I couldn’t wear it, but I set it up with pride!

Great job from top to bottom.  These guys laid it all out there.  Their bodies, mind and heart.  They deserve to go to the finals, as do those who they will be meeting in Vegas.

Could only be happier if it was our Canucks.  Luongo getting another shot would also come close.

Gotta clean my jersey for the finals so I’m ready to rock!  Hahaha!

Go Caps!!!!

Ovechkin Is a man on a mission.

Wilson is everything Ive ever wanted on the canucks.

Oshie is a gritty skilled plyoff performerZ

Backstrom is Backstrom, a genius with the puck.

Kuznetsov is outstanding.

Holtby heard the critics, and stunned them.

Every role player; Burakovsky, DSP, Eller, Connolly, Orlov, Orpik are buying in.

This hockey team is on a mission, and I can’t see them losing to Vegas, no matter how good LV are. 

The only thing left for washington is for Carlson to actually show up. Boy do i not want us to sign him, id rather trade for Wilson. 

Caps just have to play like they have away from home. they are 8-2 in the opponents barn. But this is Vegas. Currently the loudest building in the league. I think if they take either game 1 or 2 they take the series.

honestly

i don't get the love of ovi?

why?

i do get the wish that vegas not win in their 1st year

i'm kinda meh overall about who wins this finals

but the hockey has been pretty good overall this playoffs

usually it gets worse and worse after the 1st round

not this season

1 minute ago, coastal.view said:

honestly

i don't get the love of ovi?

why?

i do get the wish that vegas not win in their 1st year

i'm kinda meh overall about who wins this finals

but the hockey has been pretty good overall this playoffs

usually it gets worse and worse after the 1st round

not this season

The guy brings so much enthusiasm and joy to the game it's infectious, plus he's arguably the best pure goalscorer of all time.  Add in all the playoff failures due to substandard performances from his supporting cast, and he's a pretty easy guy to cheer for.

Remember how much fun it was to watch Bure?

1 minute ago, King Heffy said:

The guy brings so much enthusiasm and joy to the game it's infectious, plus he's arguably the best pure goalscorer of all time.  Add in all the playoff failures due to substandard performances from his supporting cast, and he's a pretty easy guy to cheer for.

well at least i got to watch bure regularly

rarely see ovi

it's like he lives in a foreign country

and far away

I'm wondering when they'll make a "Miracle On Ice 2" movie. Vegas, filled with cast-offs from their former teams, not good enough to be protected in the expansion draft, then they go ahead and win the whole shebang in their first year. Miracle.

I'm also pulling for Ovie, because I think that would be incredibly entertaining seeing him really excited lol

But Washington needs to figure out a way to beat Fleury, and contain that speed.

2 hours ago, King Heffy said:

i like his commitment to the game, his team , the league ,unlike a lot of other Russian players that left and went home, he stuck it out ,on a team that was probably very frustrating , unlike the ray bourque situation ,sign with the best team with the best chance, not that there's anything wrong with it, OV'S  doing it honest,   hopefully gets he his just reward for being as loyal as he's shown.

Caps in 6. They just smothered Tampa`s fire power and knocked off the mighty Pens finally. Too much experience and a deeper team. Slight edge in net to Vegas as well as a "nothing to lose" attitude, but the Caps won`t be denied.

This is a tough call for sure.

For me, I'm not too confident in a couple of Washington's defensemen - Kempny, Djoos - if there's a vulnerability or area where Vegas is stronger, deeper and could exploit, that may be it.  However, Washington's speed, grit and solid defensive game in their bottom six effectively overcame that against Tampa.

For Vegas, I think you have to sustain a heavy game in order to beat them.  Winnipeg managed to dominate the majority of game 1-4 in their series, but Vegas survived it, and counterpunched well in transition even when they were getting outplayed (in part also due to Fleury standing on his head).  A few of Winnipeg's more physical presences seemed to fade for whatever reason - so it will be interesting to see how Washington's hard to play against elements effect the series.  If Washington can sustain the speed and physicality, it will be very interesting.

My mind says a Vegas win in 6 or 7.   My hopes might be for a Caps breakthrough - not so much as a fan of OV or their other veterans, but I've always like Trotz, and the market in Washington has had so many early playoff exits.

If I'm betting I take Vegas in a long series.  They're deep, they're so well coached, they're resilient as hell, and they're more rested.

I want to see Ovie win a Cup.   He does deserve it.

But also, winning the Cup in their first year would be the absolute worst thing for Vegas. Especially if the inevitable happens and they bottom out in the coming years. Losing their top players with huge salary demands because of their winning, and other teams interest. And how much longer can the Flower blossom? The point is they will have nothing more to shoot for.  Especially for Vegas fans new to hockey. They'll expect the same brilliance and luck every year. They won't have what we have...thousands of fans dreaming and hoping and filling message boards and seats with bitter resentment and envy and angst.

Rooted for the Jets but said it was very hard to bet against Vegas...Same thing now. Capitals are very resilient but had a very difficult path up to this point, i fear they pay the toll in the finals. Vegas are fresher...

Hoping the Capitals prove me wrong, turn this around and win it. 

Archived