The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] VAN-EDM

Yet another Tanev proposal...

it may seem slightly far fetched at first, but bare with me.

To EDM:

Tanev

To VAN:

2018 1st round pick (10th overall)

See what I mean?

But honestly though, the Oilers would like to contend ASAP, and their defense isn't quite up to that yet. Tanev would help them a lot.

If you still think it unrealistic, just remember that the Oilers traded Taylor Hall for Adam Larsson.

Tanev can definitely get you a first and I don't think it is unreasonable to expect the 10th from a division rival. I just don't see it happening. That said Chia Pet is Chia Pet.

Tanev is probably more likely to get you closer to Phi/Flo  14th or 15th picks.

I wonder if we could do a 3  way trade around

Edmonton 10th OA..........................Reilly

Vancouver Tanev 50%...................10th OA

Toronto Gardiner..................................Tanev

Place +'s where needed

Thanks Dixon Ward...........I had put down Reilly! OOPs!

14 hours ago, Canuck_Drums03 said:

Yet another Tanev proposal...

it may seem slightly far fetched at first, but bare with me.

To EDM:

Tanev

To VAN:

2018 1st round pick (10th overall)

See what I mean?

But honestly though, the Oilers would like to contend ASAP, and their defense isn't quite up to that yet. Tanev would help them a lot.

If you still think it unrealistic, just remember that the Oilers traded Taylor Hall for Adam Larsson.

Although I do believe the Oilers could trade their top pick for experienced help now, I don't believe they want only Tanev.  They would really want Sutter, who could play the hard minutes that McDavid is having to play.  (I noticed at the World's Bo took those hard minutes, allowing McDavid to focus on his offence.)  

I say we trade Tanev and Sutter and to the Oilers for Draisatl

Then the Oilers could move #10 pick for even more experience guys.

1 hour ago, janisahockeynut said:

I wonder if we could do a 3  way trade around

Edmonton 10th OA..........................Reilly

Vancouver Tanev 50%...................10th OA

Toronto Reilly..................................Tanev

Place +'s where needed

I assume this is sarcasm.  Reilly is a legit PPQB and would not be traded by the leafs for Tanev and the 10th OA.  The only reason they want Tanev is to play with Reilly and give him more freedom.

1 hour ago, Dixon Ward said:

I assume this is sarcasm.  Reilly is a legit PPQB and would not be traded by the leafs for Tanev and the 10th OA.  The only reason they want Tanev is to play with Reilly and give him more freedom.

For certain Babcock would love to have Tanev to play with Reilly.  The Leafs don't have anything we want though, do they?  (Matthews and Marner are clearly keeper for them, and their first is too late in the draft)

3 minutes ago, The 5th Line said:

Dermott, probably not Liljegrin. They do have a boat load of prospects in their system

For Tanev, I'd prefer a top young player, than a prospect.  No more Goldobin type guys for me. 

3 hours ago, Dixon Ward said:

Thanks Dixon...........brain fart...........meant Gardiner

I will edit!.Thanks!

2 hours ago, Alflives said:

For certain Babcock would love to have Tanev to play with Reilly.  The Leafs don't have anything we want though, do they?  (Matthews and Marner are clearly keeper for them, and their first is too late in the draft)

I would take Kapanen, Liljgren, Dermott or picks.  Depending on what we were giving up of course.

Archived