The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] UFA targets for July 1

Free Agents We Could Target  

115 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

32 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

I'd probably give Hansen a shot at 1 million per. Worst case, he'd be good mentor for Utica.

Hansen may be available for less but I think that would be fair compensation.  Hansen could still be a good bottom six winger with Sutter.

I would add Riley Nash to the mix as well.  My guess is that Boston will be keen on re-signing that Nash (rather than a Nash of the the Rick variety) but he seems like he would be a good veteran pivot for the Canucks who could play up and down the lineup as needed.

1 hour ago, coastal.view said:

i confess

i picked almost everyone

following the vegas model,

to try to build a team largely from scratch

we will have to work hard to move a huge number of our current players/assets

but i have no doubt that we'll be a better team as a result

maybe even a stanley cup contender

we can keep a few of our best youngsters and plug them in as needed

good bye to most of the rest of the team though

and look

canucks do not even have to pay a 500 million expansion fee

:P

I picked eight guys some I really want , the others because they'd be an upgrade with whom we have now and because we might only get two or maybe three of those guys we target.   Carlson would be awesome but Sbisa is more realistic 

I’m interested in almost anybody just depends on dollar amount and term. Term is most important 

I’d give jvr 4 years at 6m per easy but would I do 7x7 no way in hell

tavares is the exception to the rule. I’d throw mcdavid money at him. 

The top of my wish list includes De Haan, sustr, reaves and komarov

I have luke warm interest in bozak, but I wouldn’t go bigger than 4x4 for him and even that sounds like a lot

2 hours ago, EternalCanuckFan said:

Hansen may be available for less but I think that would be fair compensation.  Hansen could still be a good bottom six winger with Sutter.

I would add Riley Nash to the mix as well.  My guess is that Boston will be keen on re-signing that Nash (rather than a Nash of the the Rick variety) but he seems like he would be a good veteran pivot for the Canucks who could play up and down the lineup as needed.

Added Riley Nash, good call, he would probably fit pretty well

Aside from the obvious like Carlson, I think we really need to support the young guys with some bigger faster grittier forwards(Reaves,Neal,Maroon). Not interested in any smaller non gritty forwards such as a Grabner. We have an abundance of these type of players already.

Ryan Reaves and Kevin Bieksa.  Get back to some old fashioned in your face hockey like the good old days.  This would solve the grit and toughness issue hands down.  Throw in young Gadjovich and nobody is going to mess with this team anymore.  We need toughness to protect our young bright up and coming stars.  

1 minute ago, Frankie Sinatra said:

Ryan Reaves and Kevin Bieksa.  Get back to some old fashioned in your face hockey like the good old days.  This would solve the grit and toughness issue hands down.  Throw in young Gadjovich and nobody is going to mess with this team anymore.  We need toughness to protect our young bright up and coming stars.  

Remember when Bieksa got his ass handed to him all series long by Ferland?

9 hours ago, Crabcakes said:

I don't see anybody high end getting signed.  Only players you could get for 1 or 2 years.

Also, I think that Benning leaves the defense alone.  I'm looking at 2/3 centres (or 3 at least) who would be an upgrade on Gagner.  I'm sure there's plenty of debate if any of the following would fit the bill:

Riley Nash

Tyler Bozak

Valtteri Filppula

Derek Ryan

Thomas Plekanec

I like those centers except Bozak, not sure if he's what we need even though he is the best player on the list. @VegasCanuck can you add Filppula and Plekanec?

For wingers, Grabner and Maroon. I like how those two fit in with the Devils, both for different reasons, and our team might look similar to theirs soon. Maroon could be a good linemate for Pettersson. Grabner is a great guy to have in your bottom 6.

On defense, I like De Haan, Cole, Hickey, and Moore. Whichever one we sign would instantly be our 3rd best dman haha.

6 hours ago, AllWeatherFan said:

Remember when Bieksa got his ass handed to him all series long by Ferland?

Remember when Bieksa stole Eagers lunch money, sent him bananas and we scored on that PP, or when he made Marleau his  prison bitch.

I say go hard at John Carlson. If 7x8 is what it takes, do it. And then give it a rest, we already have too many players. Let the young ones develop. Signing more contracts now will just tie you down 2-3 years later. 

Eriksson was a huge mistake. 

Archived