The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Explosion in Mississauga restaurant

Toews

Paramedics in Peel region say 15 people have been injured in an explosion at a restaurant in Mississauga located near Hurontario St. and Eglinton Ave.

Fire crews and paramedics arrived at Bombay Bhel, an Indian restaurant at 5035 Hurontario St., around 10:30 p.m. Thursday.

A spokesman for the paramedic service said three people were rushed to a trauma centre with critical injuries due to the blast.

The other 12 people suffered what he described as minor or superficial wounds.

The shopping plaza in which the explosion took place has been sealed off, Peel Regional Police tweeted.

Peel police also tweeted that two men allegedly entered the restaurant and detonated an improvised explosive device inside, before immediately fleeing the scene.

Police described the first suspect as in his mid-20s, 5’10-6feet with a stocky build, wearing dark blue jeans, a dark zip-up hoodie and a baseball cap with light grey peak.

The second suspect is described as 5’9”-5’10” with a thin build, wearing faded blue jeans, a dark zip-up hoodie, grey t-shirt and dark coloured skate shoes.

Police are seeking public assistance in identifying the two suspects. The public can contact 905-453-2121.

https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2018/05/24/multiple-people-sent-to-hospital-after-explosion-at-mississauga-restaurant.html

1 hour ago, Toews said:

Reading on twitter that the three people injured critically are now stable. 

I hope these people get found and beat the snot out of before the cops get them, how the hell could anyone ever think lets put a explosive in a freaking restaurant. 

Just now, Russ said:

I hope these people get found and beat the snot out of before the cops get them, how the hell could anyone ever think lets put a explosive in a freaking restaurant. 

There were two families having seperate private parties apparently so there were kids there as well.

Just despicable. 

This doesn't fit the terrorist MO.  An indian restaraunt in a nearly vacant strip mall near closing hosting a semi private function?  Over numerous areas of Misssissauga that hold hundreds of innocents.

This screams personal issue 

11 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

This doesn't fit the terrorist MO.  An indian restaraunt in a nearly vacant strip mall near closing hosting a semi private function?  Over numerous areas of Misssissauga that hold hundreds of innocents.

This screams personal issue 

Organized crime seems to be the more popular guess. 

17 minutes ago, Toews said:

Absolutely horrible to go after someone with kids there.

Im thinking the same although amateur hour.. Who every paid those hitters needs to get their money back although my guess is they will be cleansed in house due to the botched attempt and the fact children were there. 

32 minutes ago, Toews said:

Sadly no.

The popular guess is that Trudeau invited these guys in to Canada personally and helped them rig bombs for every minor Canadian city because

Modern Right wing logic

<_<

21 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Sadly no.

The popular guess is that Trudeau invited these guys in to Canada personally and helped them rig bombs for every minor Canadian city because

Modern Right wing logic

<_<

"Wait my friends.  I got this."

IMG_2570.JPG

1 hour ago, Warhippy said:

Sadly no.

Modern Right wing logic

<_<

He also paid them 10,000,000 up front too because Trudeau pays terrorists. :gocan:

3 hours ago, NucksPatsFan said:

As well as some 'khalistan' vs 'sikh' ( i could have that wrong) turmoil 

A little research turned up the name of the restaurateur Mohan Nangpal.

Nangpal is a predominately Hindu name. Nagpal said several of his family members were inside. I assume that means they were working there and weren't part of the celebrations. 

I think you do have the 'khalistan" vs "sikh' thing wrong.

Archived