The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Speculation) Penguins looking to trade Phil kessel

49 minutes ago, Alflives said:

the two Cups the Pens won with Kessel he was a plus player during their regular season, which is say something for him.  Last season (Pens lose this playoffs early) Kessel was a minus, like he was too often in TO.  I would not want anything to do with the minus player that Kessel is.  The plus player yes, but I don't think he can be a plus player anymore, and (maybe?) the Pens realize this too.

This is the worst analysis of a hockey player I have seen in my life.

9 minutes ago, BM24 said:

This is the worst analysis of a hockey player I have seen in my life.

It's kind of FACT.  Kessel is a plus during the season, and Pens win two Cups.  Kessel is a minus this season, and the Pens are knocked out early.  

And I like Kessel; he ruined 10 years for the Leafs.  Gotta like that, right? :frantic:

4 minutes ago, Alflives said:

It's kind of FACT.  Kessel is a plus during the season, and Pens win two Cups.  Kessel is a minus this season, and the Pens are knocked out early.  

And I like Kessel; he ruined 10 years for the Leafs.  Gotta like that, right? :frantic:

ok. good to see this is the kind of hockey analysis CDC determines as great insight here.

17 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Alf, out of curiosity, would you take a player who had 54 goals, 47 assists, 101 points during the season but was a MINUS 27? Hint, he is in the Hall of Fame.......

14 minutes ago, BM24 said:

ok. good to see this is the kind of hockey analysis CDC determines as great insight here.

Again, it's fact.

Kessel is a plus, and Pens win Cup.  Kessel is a minus, and Pens are out early.

Kessel killed 10 years of the Leafs + I hate the Leafs = I love Kessel.  :towel:

1 minute ago, Rick Blight said:

Alf, out of curiosity, would you take a player who had 54 goals, 47 assists, 101 points during the season but was a MINUS 27? Hint, he is in the Hall of Fame.......

Who was that?  

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Who was that?  

Brett Hull in 92/93..........and, yes, I know he did not win the CUP that year........

And I know I am going to regret this but how did Kessel ruin the Leafs for 10 years when he was only there for 6 years?

Just now, Rick Blight said:

Brett Hull in 92/93..........and, yes, I know he did not win the CUP that year........

And I know I am going to regret this but how did Kessel ruin the Leafs for 10 years when he was only there for 6 years?

Two before he arrived, and two after he was traded (plus the six he was there) = 10 

What year did Hull win the Cup?  It was in Dallas right?  '99?  Was he a plus, or a minus that regular season?  

There might be top minute guys winning Cups, who are minus regular season guys, but with Kessel he was a minus, the Pens were out early.  When he was a plus, the Pens won two Cups.  Don't Cup winning teams tend to be chalk full of plus players, especially in their top minute guys?  

5 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

To Calgary for a couple of first round picks - that would be an odd and fitting circle of life.   I believe Calgary still owns their 2024 and 2043 picks. 

Burke is no longer in Calgary!!!!  :lol:

In a more important break down of thinking...

I was dead against Pitt acquiring Kessel. For all the reasons he has been laughed at here. 

But was proven wrong. True he could be fitter, work harder? But he's a great athlete in spite. By memory he had the best vertical leap at the combines his draft year? In any, case, he has leg power, speed & skill. Properly deployed he's a great weapon. Scored most of his 5 on 5 points without Malkin or Sid. Maybe that's easy match ups to feast on? Doesn't matter!

6 hours ago, Canuck Surfer said:

In a more important break down of thinking...

I was dead against Pitt acquiring Kessel. For all the reasons he has been laughed at here. 

But was proven wrong. True he could be fitter, work harder? But he's a great athlete in spite. By memory he had the best vertical leap at the combines his draft year? In any, case, he has leg power, speed & skill. Properly deployed he's a great weapon. Scored most of his 5 on 5 points without Malkin or Sid. Maybe that's easy match ups to feast on? Doesn't matter!

But this year he looked extra ordinarily out of shape in the playoffs. Time and age are not a friend of weight gain. 

Archived