The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Canucks interested in Hanifin

With Dudley and Wandell in charge, anything goes in Carolina. I'd love to see Hanifin as a Canuck. And I could see a framework of Baertschi for Hanifin (with other pieces "equalizing things" thrown in for good mesasure). I'm curious what a Canucks offer is, honestly.

1 minute ago, Quantum said:

With Dudley and Wandell in charge, anything goes in Carolina. I'd love to see Hanifin as a Canuck. And I could see a framework of Baertschi for Hanifin (with other pieces "equalizing things" thrown in for good mesasure). I'm curious what a Canucks offer is, honestly.

Baertschi wouldn't even get the conversation started

Just now, qwijibo said:

Baertschi wouldn't even get the conversation started

Look up Rick Dudley and Don Waddell's trading history when they were in charge of the Atlanta Thrashers. They literally traded Ilya Kovalchuk for a bag of pucks. Anything goes with those two. That's why I threw out Baertschi's name. Rick & Don are literally the worst management tandem in the salary cap era and now they're in charge of Carolina.

4 minutes ago, 24K PureCool said:

So we're trading Juolevi/1st this year for Hanafin? That is where the conversation starts.

Or some idiot will suggest trading Virtanen.

Hanafin is a quality player who is not yet fully developed as an NHL Dman.  As a fan of the Canes, he can be a frustrating player as you know he often has more to give but other times, you see "Norris talk" like games from him.   Carolina is a bit of a mess in the net unless the Darling experiment sorts itself out.   Who knows how they view things going forwards but they could be interested in one of the Canucks big Swedes in net (they have G prospects but not quite ready).   They would really like a player like Sutter too.

Can we just all agree now that Jim is going to include a 2nd? just get that out of the way. 

But it would be worth it. I'm not convinced that a package of players is out of the question either - CAR only has 8 F's + 3 RFAs and 3 D + 2 RFAs under contract so they could certainly upgrade on some F positions. But... it will take us losing someone in the future core. 

Gaudette, Baer, Hutton + 2nd for Hanifin and Staal?  

Archived