To Carolina:

Edler or Tanev

Juolevi

Baertschi

2018 2nd round pick?

To Vancouver:

Hanifin

2018 2nd round pick?

Carolina gets more experience on the back end to help them with a playoff push. Baertschi gives them more scoring depth and Juolevi gives them someone to hopefully replace hanifin.

Vancouver gets a much needed top 4 dman with top 2 potential who can become our #1 in a couple years. We get to keep our 7th overall and hopefully draft Hughes or Dobson to replace the lost of Juolevi.

This might look like a to give but when someone of Hanifins calibre is on the market. You need to do anything to get him. 

6 minutes ago, Alflives said:

We give up Juiolevi?  Not a chance in heck we do that for Hanifin.  

I counter with:

Goldy

Cassels

2018 - 3rd.

lol cassels lol

4 minutes ago, Alflives said:

We give up Juiolevi?  Not a chance in heck we do that for Hanifin.  

I counter with:

Goldy

Cassels

2018 - 3rd.

Why not? Juolevi isnt projected to be a #1 dman. # 3 at best in my opinion. I like him and dont think we should give him up but you need to give something up to get someone of Hanifins calibre

Carolina doesn't need a defenseman back, let alone 2 more. The whole reason why they are making Hanifin expandable is because they can afford to do that. They have Faulk, Pesce, Slavin, TVR, hell even Fleury they drafted in 2014. They are looking for offense.

It would have to be our 7th overall pick I would think, and maybe another roster player like Baertschi. Otherwise, I just dont see them doing that deal, and we are giving up too much anyways.

I would much rather package Tanev and a 2nd or whatever for another 1st round pick.

11 minutes ago, NaslundLindenBure said:

Why not? Juolevi isnt projected to be a #1 dman. # 3 at best in my opinion. I like him and dont think we should give him up but you need to give something up to get someone of Hanifins calibre

Where have I heard that before....

Oh yeah...

Calgary acquired defenseman Dougie Hamilton from the Boston Bruins in a trade for their first-round pick (No. 15) in the 2015 NHL Draft and the two second-round picks (Nos. 45 and 52) they previously acquired from the Washington Capitals.

21 minutes ago, Rounoush said:

If it's Juolevi for Hanifin, what is the point? Both are still very unknown quantities. Let's just keep our guy and let him play at least 1 game in the NHL.

Hanifin has played 239 NHL games. If you don't know what he is by now I don't know what to say.

33 minutes ago, nuckin_futz said:

Hanifin has played 239 NHL games. If you don't know what he is by now I don't know what to say.

And Hanifin has proven in those 240 games he’s a 30 point guy, who is horrible defensively.  Why would we give up important assets for him?  

3 hours ago, NaslundLindenBure said:

To Carolina:

Edler or Tanev

Juolevi

Baertschi

2018 2nd round pick?

Pass, you don't give up a young D prospect, especially Joulevi.

For Hanifin I would like to see something along the lines of: 

Baercheese 

Tanev

Nilsson 

This addresses most needs of Carolina, goaltending, scoring, and a shut down defenseman, a mid round pick may need to be added but under no circumstances should Joulevi, Horvat, Boeser, EP, Demko or our 7th OA pick be moved for Hanifin.

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

And Hanifin has proven in those 240 games he’s a 30 point guy, who is horrible defensively.  Why would we give up important assets for him?  

i doubt you actually watch hurricane games to make that statement. 

2 hours ago, nuckin_futz said:

Have faith in your drafting. It would look bad if Benning just pulled the plug on the guy he has been slow roasting for a couple of years now.

You're buying potential with Hanifin, not proven yet. But all the tools are there. So I'm all for a combination of current roster players over 23 + our 2nd. But Juolevi and our 7th this year have to be untouchable.  I don't think he's in Seth Jones territory quite yet in terms of trade value, maybe after a 2 year bridge deal. 

7 hours ago, NaslundLindenBure said:

To Carolina:

Edler or Tanev

Juolevi

Baertschi

2018 2nd round pick?

To Vancouver:

Hanifin

2018 2nd round pick?

Carolina gets more experience on the back end to help them with a playoff push. Baertschi gives them more scoring depth and Juolevi gives them someone to hopefully replace hanifin.

Vancouver gets a much needed top 4 dman with top 2 potential who can become our #1 in a couple years. We get to keep our 7th overall and hopefully draft Hughes or Dobson to replace the lost of Juolevi.

This might look like a to give but when someone of Hanifins calibre is on the market. You need to do anything to get him. 

So...give up a first pairing D man in Edler or Tanev...give up a possible first pairing D man in Olli...give up a top six LW and a 2nd? for an upgrade on Olli?

Horrible for the Canucks...talk about bleeding assets.  NO NO NO.

5 hours ago, Alflives said:

thats like saying, Tanev always gets injured. Why would an opposing team give up important assets for him??? I offer you a 3rd rd pick for Tanev. 

Archived