The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Ontario Election - Progressive Conservatives Win

DonLever

from Global:

With just over a week to go before Ontarians choose their next government, a new Ipsos poll suggests a mid-campaign NDP surge has been halted in its tracks — and Doug Ford‘s Progressive Conservatives are making a comeback.

The poll, conducted between May 25 and 27, would have captured at least some respondents after they watched the final leaders’ debate on Sunday night.

If the election were held tomorrow, it revealed, the PCs would receive 37 per cent of the popular decided vote, up one point from last week. The NDP, meanwhile, has seen a softening of support — dropping from 37 to 34 per cent of the popular vote.

The Liberals remain stalled at 22 per cent (down one point since last week), while other parties, including the Green Party, have improved to 7 per cent (up 3 points) province-wide.

According to Darrell Bricker, CEO of Ipsos Public Affairs, the latest results suggest that voters began taking a more critical look at Andrea Horwath’s NDP once the party seemed poised to overtake the PCs.

Like last years BC Election, voters are tired of a party that have been in power since 2003, that is 15 years.  Obviously too long for any party.   Like BC, it is another Liberal party in trouble.   Although different in philosophy, one right wing and the other left wing.

We will soon be voting for proportional representation(people we need this) to have politicians work together for the people, not fight amongst themselves like little kids and get nothing done.

Most progressive countries on earth have this type of govenment and it helps to get away from corporate domination of our political system.

If you think I am wrong watch for all the Liberals who want to be back in government working for the corporations again be totally against it and the corporate media saying it is bad,

They know it will give power to the people like it should be and they hate that.

POWER TO THE PEOPLE WITH PROPORTIONAL REPRESENTATION.

35 minutes ago, DonLever said:

Like last years BC Election, voters are tired of a party that have been in power since 2003, that is 15 years.  Obviously too long for any party.   Like BC, it is another Liberal party in trouble.   Although different in philosophy, one right wing and the other left wing.

Completely different. The BC liberals won a minority government, they have the most seats of any party in the legislature. The Ontario Liberals could possibly lose official party status.

3 hours ago, Ryan Strome said:

Completely different. The BC liberals won a minority government, they have the most seats of any party in the legislature. The Ontario Liberals could possibly lose official party status.

Not talking about the electoral outcome after votes were cast.   I am referring to pre-election status of the Ontario Liberal Party which has been in power for 15 years.  That is a long time and people always want a change.   Voters are fed up with the Ontario Liberals and will either vote PC or NDP. 

What is happening in Ontario, the left wing vote is shifting from the Liberals to the NDP in order to keep out the right wing PCs.   Similar to the 2015 Federal Election, where the NDP vote consolidated behind the Liberals to defeat Harper.

Maybe Ontario ends up with a nice vote split and a minority government?

The most recent election forecast I’ve seen is 37 PC, 33 NDP, 8 LIB, and 46 seats still too close to predict a winner.

PCs get the most seats of any party but the NDP and Liberals end up having the numbers to join forces and actually form the government.

This coalition thing’s obviously working like a dream for BC. Might as well spread some of the good times out East. ;) 

3 hours ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Maybe Ontario ends up with a nice vote split and a minority government?

The most recent election forecast I’ve seen is 37 PC, 33 NDP, 8 LIB, and 46 seats still too close to predict a winner.

PCs get the most seats of any party but the NDP and Liberals end up having the numbers to join forces and actually form the government.

This coalition thing’s obviously working like a dream for BC. Might as well spread some of the good times out East. ;) 

The NDP 4 years ago helped bring down a Wynne minority government which ended up leading to a majority for Wynne.

Either way after this election I'm 100% sure Wynne will step down as liberal leader I wouldn't be surprised if she announces it on election night.

In Canada we like to look down our noses at the US for electing a tire fire like Donald Trump, but the fact that Doug Ford is a serious candidate for Premier of Ontario, coupled with the fiasco that was the HST campaign in BC, shows that we really have nothing to feel superior about.

@SabreFan1 and @Kragar (and any other US based CDCers) I hereby apologize for any smugness I might have displayed in the past. (although I reserve the right to be smug in the future, because this is Donald Trump we're talking about and there's only so much humility in the worldB))

1 hour ago, RUPERTKBD said:

In Canada we like to look down our noses at the US for electing a tire fire like Donald Trump, but the fact that Doug Ford is a serious candidate for Premier of Ontario, coupled with the fiasco that was the HST campaign in BC, shows that we really have nothing to feel superior about.

@SabreFan1 and @Kragar (and any other US based CDCers) I hereby apologize for any smugness I might have displayed in the past. (although I reserve the right to be smug in the future, because this is Donald Trump we're talking about and there's only so much humility in the worldB))

Well this should unintentionally rankle a few CDCers' inferiority complexes, the damage a Canadian politician can do even in his grandest of dreams severely pales in comparison to the damage a US politician can accomplish. 

A U.S. president can literally de-populate the planet if he's having a bad day and throws a suicidal tantrum.  A Canadian politician can really eff up the maple syrup and moose trade. ;)

Seriously though, once politics turns tribal, people become stupid no matter which country they live in.  The bigger the tribe, the dumber and more easily led around by the nose they become.

5 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Thanks, I needed that.  ::D  Crapfest of a work day today.

On 5/28/2018 at 6:47 PM, DADDYROCK said:

We will soon be voting for proportional representation(people we need this) to have politicians work together for the people, not fight amongst themselves like little kids and get nothing done.

Most progressive countries on earth have this type of govenment and it helps to get away from corporate domination of our political system.

If you think I am wrong watch for all the Liberals who want to be back in government working for the corporations again be totally against it and the corporate media saying it is bad,

They know it will give power to the people like it should be and they hate that.

POWER TO THE PEOPLE WITH PROPORTIONAL REPRESENTATION.

I completely support a move to prop rep. But I am curious as to the bold part of this post. What is not getting done?

8 hours ago, Xbox said:

I live here and this election is a tough choice because they're all pretty bad options. Most people I've talked to and including myself will be voting NDP.

I guess you are not old enough to remember the Rae days?

I agree though all three options suck.

10 hours ago, Ryan Strome said:

I guess you are not old enough to remember the Rae days?

I agree though all three options suck.

I don't recall Rae hanging out with drug dealers... but sure why not bring up the early 1990s? :lol:

The BC NDP gave the Ontario NDP a gift in a model of how to form a coalition and I'm sure they will be glad to provide advice on that, imo there's almost zero chance of Ford being able to form government as a minority. 

On 2018-05-28 at 6:28 PM, DonLever said:

from Global:

With just over a week to go before Ontarians choose their next government, a new Ipsos poll suggests a mid-campaign NDP surge has been halted in its tracks — and Doug Ford‘s Progressive Conservatives are making a comeback.

The poll, conducted between May 25 and 27, would have captured at least some respondents after they watched the final leaders’ debate on Sunday night.

If the election were held tomorrow, it revealed, the PCs would receive 37 per cent of the popular decided vote, up one point from last week. The NDP, meanwhile, has seen a softening of support — dropping from 37 to 34 per cent of the popular vote.

The Liberals remain stalled at 22 per cent (down one point since last week), while other parties, including the Green Party, have improved to 7 per cent (up 3 points) province-wide.

According to Darrell Bricker, CEO of Ipsos Public Affairs, the latest results suggest that voters began taking a more critical look at Andrea Horwath’s NDP once the party seemed poised to overtake the PCs.

How can a party be both progressive and conservative?  Their name is a contradiction.  It’s Ontario though, so *$&# ‘em. 

54 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I don't recall Rae hanging out with drug dealers... but sure why not bring up the early 1990s:lol:

The BC NDP gave the Ontario NDP a gift in a model of how to form a coalition and I'm sure they will be glad to provide advice on that, imo there's almost zero chance of Ford being able to form government as a minority. 

It seems most voters in Ontario bring up the early 90s ever since the 90s at least on election day that is.

9 hours ago, DonLever said:

Looks like an exciting finish to the election tomorrow.  Polls show a virtual tie between the NDP and the PC.

But who care about the polls, they never seem to get it right anyways.

Polls totally nailed the last BC election. Even predicting the Greens would sway the balance of power.

Archived