The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Ontario Election - Progressive Conservatives Win

DonLever

1 hour ago, Ryan Strome said:

It seems most voters in Ontario bring up the early 90s ever since the 90s at least on election day that is.

its funny, it has no relevance at all. The current NDP may be less activist than Wynne! Ford is an embarrassment to the country, I can't think of a worse person to run Ontario. 

11 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Rae and Garris were pretty bad.

not OG bad. Ford's a disgrace. But I do expect (hope I'm wrong) Ontario to go full Trump and elect him. I guess its a very good argument for proportional voting if nothing else. 

1 hour ago, Jimmy McGill said:

its funny, it has no relevance at all. The current NDP may be less activist than Wynne! Ford is an embarrassment to the country, I can't think of a worse person to run Ontario. 

The current ndp in Ontario has very poor accounting skills. Sounds familiar.

5 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

And Fords is better :lol: how would you know? he didn't cost his platform. 

I believe I already pointed out all 3 options suck. I realize you assume I support Ford in this race but you know what they say about assuming right?

5 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

I believe I already pointed out all 3 options suck. I realize you assume I support Ford in this race but you know what they say about assuming right?

I had my expectations that you'd support a more conservative option... I don't think thats unwarranted with your posts.... but yes I suppose I should have asked. 

My question and I think it's important.

Ford has an abysmal record as councilor in Toronto.  Like abysmal.  Lowest attendance of any living councilor in memory.

Numerous issues with the law

Lawsuit from his dead brothers widow.

Has run a campaign which shows clearly he has NO idea what power a premiere has

Has literally released no tabled outline of his platform or budget

What he HAS said/promised, has already been estimated to cost Ontario almost $3 billion in his first year alone

Refuses to release a costing equivalency before the election is held.

Have we as a nation become so bloody complacent that we'd REALLY elect a person/party like that without demanding to see their budget, their platform or even to bother to hold them accountable for past transgressions?

I mean Strome said people keep bringing up the 90's as though it's some sort of evil, but those SAME people refuse to look even 3 weeks ago when Ford said he'd do something that is not only within the power of the premieres office, but is also illegal.

Like come on,if Ontario votes in Ford without any actual accountability being demanded they deserve what they're going to get.  I'm old enough, I'm also old enough to remember Harris to remember Flahertys 5.6 billion dollar hidden gift to Ontario after he left the provincial party.

I begrudge NO party that was in power from 93 through 98 and hold nothing monetary about that time against them.  NAFTA and the sustainable forest act screwed this country in ways nobody anticipated and we bled jobs like mad.  But post NAFTA there is no excuses, Harris as bad as Rae and had no excuse for it.

Ford is pure poison, Trump North as it was.  He is utterly clueless and good luck to the Leastern half of the country if they vote him in

There would be basically no change in Ontario if the NDP managed to win since you are replacing one left wing party with another.   Another high spending, high debt regime is more of the same.   Ontario apparently has the one of the highest debt in all of North America.   That is unlikely to change with the NDP.

Polls show Doug Ford has low approval ratings, just slightly ahead of Wynne.  So a lot of people are going to hold their noses if they vote for the Tories.  

1 hour ago, Ryan Strome said:

The current ndp in Ontario has very poor accounting skills. Sounds familiar.

And Fords is better :lol: how would you know? he didn't cost his platform. 

Hmmm a mistake which was rectified via their platform and accounted for and apologized for.

vs

No costed platform, no cost equivalency and an estimate of other 3 billion in new debt from just his promises alone.

Hmmmmm

I had my expectations that you'd support a more conservative option... I don't think thats unwarranted with your posts.... but yes I suppose I should have asked. 

I'm a conservative but that doesn't mean I will blindly support any candidate. Thankfully I'm not a Ontario citizen.

13 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Hmmm a mistake which was rectified via their platform and accounted for and apologized for.

vs

No costed platform, no cost equivalency and an estimate of other 3 billion in new debt from just his promises alone.

Hmmmmm

yah but when you say you're conservative they hand you an accounting degree automatically, don't you know? facts, pfffft. 

If Ford gets a majority today its going to be a rough ride to the next election for Trudeau. Ford AND Kenney to deal with? no one deserves that. 

1 minute ago, Ryan Strome said:

I'm a conservative but that doesn't mean I will blindly support any candidate. Thankfully I'm not a Ontario citizen.

what do you think you'd do, honestly? 

I'm typically Liberal (shocking, eh?) but I'd be switching to NDP this election to try to keep Ford out. 

Archived