The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Ontario Election - Progressive Conservatives Win

DonLever

Just now, Jimmy McGill said:

yah but when you say you're conservative they hand you an accounting degree automatically, don't you know? facts, pfffft. 

If Ford gets a majority today its going to be a rough ride to the next election for Trudeau. Ford AND Kenney to deal with? no one deserves that. 

Actually I disagree

Ford will bury himself within the first year.  His ineptitude is self evident.  If you look at his candidates they're equally as bad.  A pedophile, an accused rapist.  A few up on white collar criminal charges.  Added in Fords open statements about supporting some of the loudest most socially backwards religious organizations and you can see how that might whip up the hardcore right but would without question alienate the center and some of the moderates.

I dare say that Horwath actually winning an election outright would be far worse for True Dough than Ford.

4 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Actually I disagree

Ford will bury himself within the first year.  His ineptitude is self evident.  If you look at his candidates they're equally as bad.  A pedophile, an accused rapist.  A few up on white collar criminal charges.  Added in Fords open statements about supporting some of the loudest most socially backwards religious organizations and you can see how that might whip up the hardcore right but would without question alienate the center and some of the moderates.

I dare say that Horwath actually winning an election outright would be far worse for True Dough than Ford.

could be. I was thinking NDP-Lib coalition would be the most likely thing, assuming there's some last minute vote switching in the ballot box. In the last federal election I actually voted NDP (Kennedy Stewart) because he had the best chance to win and boot Harper, I think a lot of people on the Lib side might make the same kind of choice. 

33 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

what do you think you'd do, honestly? 

I'm typically Liberal (shocking, eh?) but I'd be switching to NDP this election to try to keep Ford out. 

I'd probably vote green or another fringe party. It would really all depend where I lived in the province.

53 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Hmmm a mistake which was rectified via their platform and accounted for and apologized for.

vs

No costed platform, no cost equivalency and an estimate of other 3 billion in new debt from just his promises alone.

Hmmmmm

Hmmm his debt is still less than the 4.1 billion the BC ndp added in their budget.

1 hour ago, Ryan Strome said:

Dunno about that.

Getting sued by your own sister in law over your brother's money says a lot about your moral character, doesn't it? Now he might be innocent, but a good person with good moral fibre should not be even closed from being in his situation.

Now, to vote for that man, who on top of being sued by family, is a fervour Trump supporter, is another level of questionable morality altogether.

4 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Ya the ndp seems to have that affect on people. 

Yet somehow the endless debt and deficit doesn't have that effect on the Cons.  Why?  They hold essentially one of the worst records provincially and federally for finances

Me thinks it's the intelligence of the voting base.  IE the Conservative voting base is essentially stupid

2 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Hmmm his debt is still less than the 4.1 billion the BC ndp added in their budget.

Stay on topic, this is about Ontario.

You want to make claims that Ontarians can't stop talking about the 90s.  Neither can residents of BC.  Note how they only remember the bad things though.  Comes back down to the electorate being stupid.

3 minutes ago, Hugor Hill said:

Getting sued by your own sister in law over your brother's money says a lot about your moral character, doesn't it? Now he might be innocent, but a good person with good moral fibre should not be even closed from being in his situation.

Now, to vote for that man, who on top of being sued by family, is a fervour Trump supporter, is another level of questionable morality altogether.

The PC's had a former leader tossed out just months ago due to inappropriate behaviour, now Ford and the pc's are still in the lead. Again that says a lot about the other two parties.

4 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Yet somehow the endless debt and deficit doesn't have that effect on the Cons.  Why?  They hold essentially one of the worst records provincially and federally for finances

Me thinks it's the intelligence of the voting base.  IE the Conservative voting base is essentially stupid

Stay on topic, this is about Ontario.

You want to make claims that Ontarians can't stop talking about the 90s.  Neither can residents of BC.  Note how they only remember the bad things though.  Comes back down to the electorate being stupid.

What good happened during the Rae days? 

I guess the jays won the world series.:lol:

2 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

What good happened during the Rae days? 

I guess the jays won the world series.:lol:

During the Rae days NAFTA happened, as did the Sustainable Forestry Act which cost canada almost 300k jobs in forestry alone in 3.5 years.  NAFTA almost 400k more in the mid 90's.

Quality jobs.  With quality wages.

I struggle to understand why so many fail to understand WHY this is important when reaching back to the dear ol 90's for sources of scary monsters

4 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

The PC's had a former leader tossed out just months ago due to inappropriate behaviour, now Ford and the pc's are still in the lead. Again that says a lot about the other two parties.

I think it says more about the public's views of those other two parties, than the parties themselves.

2 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

During the Rae days NAFTA happened, as did the Sustainable Forestry Act which cost canada almost 300k jobs in forestry alone in 3.5 years.  NAFTA almost 400k more in the mid 90's.

Quality jobs.  With quality wages.

I struggle to understand why so many fail to understand WHY this is important when reaching back to the dear ol 90's for sources of scary monsters

You don't support nafta?

5 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

You don't support nafta?

I never have and I never will.  It was written to the betterment of America as a whole.  Just think.  Without NAFTA Alberta would have more than 1 source of destination for oil.  They'd also not have a second tier pricing model.  Canada would not have lost almost 500k manufacturing jobs since then.  We wouldn't be dealing with softwood issues.

And every time we charged America with screwing us over via the WTF we'd actually be listened too instead of being told to shut it.

By the by, strong leadership that this country used to have just said Canada's best option in the NAFTA negotiations was to roll over and give the US what it wants...that same strong leadership signed in to power the damning Canada China free trade agreement.  The same agreement with the same provisions that scared True Dough so much he bought a stupid pipeline instead of allowing China to sue the country based on said agreement.

So no, I most certainly do not support NAFTA or any other BS "free trade" agreement.

6 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

I never have and I never will.  It was written to the betterment of America as a whole.  Just think.  Without NAFTA Alberta would have more than 1 source of destination for oil.  They'd also not have a second tier pricing model.  Canada would not have lost almost 500k manufacturing jobs since then.  We wouldn't be dealing with softwood issues.

And every time we charged America with screwing us over via the WTF we'd actually be listened too instead of being told to shut it.

By the by, strong leadership that this country used to have just said Canada's best option in the NAFTA negotiations was to roll over and give the US what it wants...that same strong leadership signed in to power the damning Canada China free trade agreement.  The same agreement with the same provisions that scared True Dough so much he bought a stupid pipeline instead of allowing China to sue the country based on said agreement.

So no, I most certainly do not support NAFTA or any other BS "free trade" agreement.

I think you and I agree on nafta

1 hour ago, Ryan Strome said:

I think you and I agree on nafta

We actually agree on a lot of things Strome, we certainly have the history to show that.  The only thing in which we seem diametrically opposed is our current affiliation with political leanings.  Which is odd, as I am Fairly staunchly right of center while you're very staunchly right.

The opposition seems to come from my unwillingness to accept todays manifestation of the right as acceptable and your unwillingness to deride them for the crap they pull.

I personally don't care who anyone votes for or supports.  I care that they're honest about it.  I cannot for one second believe that Ford is actually going to get voted in on his lack of ethics and accountability, once hallmarks of actual conservativism .  Factor iin his unwillingness to show any kind of budget or platform and how his mumbled campaign promises already total 3+ billion in new debt on top of the year to year already presented by the outgoing Libs and it's a head scratcher

2 hours ago, Ryan Strome said:

It says more about their supporters than about the other two parties.

Archived