The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Ontario Election - Progressive Conservatives Win

DonLever

2 hours ago, Ryan Strome said:

I think she will pack it in tonight.

Here it is. Video inside.

https://globalnews.ca/video/4261439/ontario-election-kathleen-wynne-resigns-as-head-of-ontario-liberal-party

2 hours ago, Hamhuis Hip Check said:

Cant believe wynn might hold her seat, though i fully expecther to resign pretty darn quick

You got it. Pretty shocked she won her riding.

1 hour ago, Hamhuis Hip Check said:

72 votes right now is the difference between party status or not for the liberals....

They didn't make it.:lol:

1 minute ago, Ryan Strome said:

https://globalnews.ca/video/4261439/ontario-election-kathleen-wynne-resigns-as-head-of-ontario-liberal-party

I just saw that and laughed , fords definitely not my ideal choice but liberals need a wake up call

Just now, thejazz97 said:

Not the brightest future for Ontario.

At least C-45 was passed. They'll need it.

I'm glad I'm not a voter in Ontario.

The only thing I like about this is that I'm sure JT will now back track on imposing carbon taxes on provinces. He would bully Saskatchewan and Manitoba and probably Alberta after Kenney wins but no way he will battle Ford and Ontario on it especially given JT faces re-election in the fall of 2019.

Ford has said no carbon tax and will pull out of the the cap and trade with Quebec and California.

8 minutes ago, MikeyBoy44 said:

I am jealous. Doug for PM imo

Andrew Scheer will do just fine. Recent polls prior to the Ontario election has Scheer and JT tied at 34%.

Is the Conservative surge in Quebec real? If so this could be big trouble for the federal liberals if Ontario and Quebec move to conservatives. Trouble for them good for us.:gocan:

Just now, Ryan Strome said:

I'm glad I'm not a voter in Ontario.

The only thing I like about this is that I'm sure JT will now back track on imposing carbon taxes on provinces. He would bully Saskatchewan and Manitoba and probably Alberta after Kenney wins but no way he will battle Ford and Ontario on it especially given JT faces re-election in the fall of 2019.

Ford has said no carbon tax and will pull out of the the cap and trade with Quebec and California.

Which is good for Saskatchewan. We've got our own thing going, apparently.

That being said, I can't imagine Trudeau's headache having to deal with two blond right-wing populists now :lol:

But seriously? Ford? He's got a terrible history in business and a terrible history as a councillor. I doubt he'll be any better as premier. 

3 minutes ago, thejazz97 said:

Which is good for Saskatchewan. We've got our own thing going, apparently.

That being said, I can't imagine Trudeau's headache having to deal with two blond right-wing populists now :lol:

But seriously? Ford? He's got a terrible history in business and a terrible history as a councillor. I doubt he'll be any better as premier. 

That's why I said I'm glad I'm not a voter in Ontario.

His victory certainly will help Saskatchewan. Have to applaud Saskatchewan they stood up and said no to JT and his ridiculous idea of imposing a carbon tax on provinces.

3 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Andrew Scheer will do just fine. Recent polls prior to the Ontario election has Scheer and JT tied at 34%.

Is the Conservative surge in Quebec real? If so this could be big trouble for the federal liberals if Ontario and Quebec move to conservatives. Trouble for them good for us.:gocan:

Would Cons in Quebec finally help the EE?

7 minutes ago, MikeyBoy44 said:

Would Cons in Quebec finally help the EE?

Unfortunately I doubt it. They won't hold power provincially but it's being said there is a quiet surge in conservative support possibly electing more mps in 2019.

This is the party that may beat the liberals in the Quebec provincial election in 2018.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coalition_Avenir_Québec

Centre right party but they have separatists in their party. That I hate but I will add they constantly say they wouldn't seek a referendum. But can they be trusted?

8 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Unfortunately I doubt it. They won't hold power provincially but it's being said there is a quiet surge in conservative support possibly electing more mps in 2019.

This is the party that may beat the liberals in the Quebec provincial election in 2018.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coalition_Avenir_Québec

Centre right party but they have separatists in their party. That I hate but I will add they constantly say they wouldn't seek a referendum. But can they be trusted?

I dont think there is close to enough support to try and pull a referendum on that right now, i think it would be political suicide

4 minutes ago, Hamhuis Hip Check said:

I dont think there is close to enough support to try and pull a referendum on that right now, i think it would be political suicide

I agree and for the most part I think separatism is dead but I don't like the idea of separatists in government.

14 minutes ago, CBH1926 said:

The era of liberalism is slowly withering away.

As far as Ford goes as a candidate, it looks like lot of dumb voters live in Ontario.

Politics is a pattern of  ebb and flow

Too long with libs in ontario..... so time for a change.

In a few years,  Libs in ontario will be back in power.  It is way politics works.  Kick out the incumbents and hope for change.  In a few years voters get sick of the new party..... and time for change once again.    Ontario will realize what a clown Ford is and be embarrassed soon enough...

1 hour ago, Ryan Strome said:

God i hate that now they are gonna have to spend money on a byelection.I remember harper doing the same thing on election night then i had to go vote again.

33 minutes ago, CBH1926 said:

The era of liberalism is slowly withering away.

As far as Ford goes as a candidate, it looks like lot of dumb voters live in Ontario.

They couldn’t replace it with anything better than boorish old white business men?

Voters did not vote for Doug Ford.   Voters voted for change and that is what they got.  The Ontario Liberals have been power 15 years, that is a long time for any party.

On the other hand, the Ontario Liberals really messed up the running of the province.  Hydro rates increased greatly and the debt ballooned under them.   Apparently Ontario is the one of the most in debt jurisdiction.   Based on this they deserved to be reduced to less than 10 seats.

And what of  the NDP'?  Well there is no real difference between them and the Liberals.   Both are of center parties that believed in big government, big spending, big deficits, etc.   At least voters saw through the NDP and disgruntled Liberals did not all vote for the NDP.     Some former Liberal voters went for the PCs.

Archived