The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Fallout76

Violator

On 2018-06-11 at 9:38 AM, Tortorella's Rant said:

Apparently you can play it single player. But if it's meant to be multiplayer then how well is single player really going to work. And it's a 'survival' type game which can be fun with other people, but aside from that there's no real story or objective? Not sure how much is known about this yet.

Appaerently they will release the single player version after so im guessing as dlc or how people react to it will determine how long it will take.

5 hours ago, Xbox said:

I just hope this game is not like Fallout 4.

Do we know who's developing it? I'm assuming most of Bethesda Game Studios is making TES:VI so I'm hoping it's Obsidian Games (Fallout NV dev)

Bethesda has two studios and they dont like obsidian because of new vegas.

25 minutes ago, Xbox said:

Interesting. That's odd considering that's probably the best Fallout game. 

It didnt turn out how bethesda wanted from what i read 

The article doesnt go over it but you can see that obsidian isnt working on it

https://www.google.com/amp/www.playstationlifestyle.net/2018/05/29/obsidian-tweets-they-have-nothing-to-do-with-bethesda-fallout-announcement/amp/

Also i read on reddit.Apparently they had already designed the world before they came up with the story for fallout 3.

Edited by Violator

On 2018-06-12 at 11:29 AM, Xbox said:

I just hope this game is not like Fallout 4.

Do we know who's developing it? I'm assuming most of Bethesda Game Studios is making TES:VI so I'm hoping it's Obsidian Games (Fallout NV dev)

I wish it was remotely like Fallout 4. The biggest problem with that game for me at least was that it tended away from RPG mechanics and standards too loosely.

...so a game like this that just outright guts nearly all the role playing gameplay, and strips away the story and world elements to the point that there will not even be NPCs? 

It's less like a Fallout game, and more like a Fallout themed DayZ clone. I mean all the power to the developers and the fans that want to play such a game, but I really wish they were devoting their time and resources to literally anything else. A mediocre single player RPG would at least still be a Fallout game.

3 hours ago, g_bassi13 said:

I wish it was remotely like Fallout 4. The biggest problem with that game for me at least was that it tended away from RPG mechanics and standards too loosely.

...so a game like this that just outright guts nearly all the role playing gameplay, and strips away the story and world elements to the point that there will not even be NPCs? 

It's less like a Fallout game, and more like a Fallout themed DayZ clone. I mean all the power to the developers and the fans that want to play such a game, but I really wish they were devoting their time and resources to literally anything else. A mediocre single player RPG would at least still be a Fallout game.

I agree. It's probably because most of their devs are working on TES:VI

It doesn't sound like an RPG or Fallout at all. It definitely seems like a DayZ without the zombies. If it's online only that probably means no mods :( 

4 hours ago, Xbox said:

I agree. It's probably because most of their devs are working on TES:VI

It doesn't sound like an RPG or Fallout at all. It definitely seems like a DayZ without the zombies. If it's online only that probably means no mods :( 

There gonna have mods they like them to much 

Single player mode will be after 

I think they are putting vehicles in 76

10 hours ago, Violator said:

There gonna have mods they like them to much 

Single player mode will be after 

I think they are putting vehicles in 76

Nice, well I'll definitely keep an eye on this game. It's intriguing.

On 2018-06-12 at 4:40 PM, Violator said:

Appaerently they will release the single player version after so im guessing as dlc or how people react to it will determine how long it will take.

So wait there will be a actual non online version? We were under the impression it was a online only game that you could choose to play solo

So we arent likely to get it but if they have a actual single player non online version with all the typical fallout goodies it maybe something worth getting.

On 6/13/2018 at 1:54 PM, g_bassi13 said:

If this is where it's going, I don't blame Bethesda if that is what the current gen of gamers want but I need an involving story. hence why I finish games like new vegas but 4 and Skyrim I have nothing but save files of abandoned characters (good games playwise but the story is so bland in both)

I'll likely give a scavenging MMO a hard pass.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/3/2018 at 7:07 PM, Tortorella's Rant said:

Remember when gaming used to be relatively cheap? Now you can buy these special edition packs for $130 dollars. Even just base games are about $80 now. Any downloadable content puts the total cost well over $100

I wait for steam sales. heh

• 2 months later...
On 7/3/2018 at 7:07 PM, Tortorella's Rant said:

Remember when gaming used to be relatively cheap? Now you can buy these special edition packs for $130 dollars. Even just base games are about $80 now. Any downloadable content puts the total cost well over $100

inflation

On 2018-07-03 at 7:07 PM, Tortorella's Rant said:

Im guilty of that bout the centenial edition for 120.Recieved my beta code today.

45 minutes ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

I want to get it but I am worried it'll be too much multiplayer.

For me its fallout thats the only thing thats pushing me to buy it.This is the one game that i will spend the extra money on.

On 10/6/2018 at 10:37 AM, Violator said:

For me its fallout thats the only thing thats pushing me to buy it.This is the one game that i will spend the extra money on.

I want to buy it but I don't know what I'm getting. I've kind of, sort of, read reviews on it. What is the scope of single player? Is it limited due to this game also focusing around multiplayer? What is the size of the single player campaign? Also, when they say it is a multiplayer game, in what context? Is it like the old Diablo games where you can play the whole thing by yourself, but if you want to play cooperatively, then you need to join a server. Or is it more like Guild Wars, where the towns are always populated with real people, but the open world is not unless you team up with other people.

10 minutes ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

I want to buy it but I don't know what I'm getting. I've kind of, sort of, read reviews on it. What is the scope of single player? Is it limited due to this game also focusing around multiplayer? What is the size of the single player campaign? Also, when they say it is a multiplayer game, in what context? Is it like the old Diablo games where you can play the whole thing by yourself, but if you want to play cooperatively, then you need to join a server. Or is it more like Guild Wars, where the towns are always populated with real people, but the open world is not unless you team up with other people.

I think its gonna be like gta5 online/borderlands.

But i also think it will change alot over the life of the game.