The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Fallout76

Violator

• 3 months later...

No love for 76? 

Ive had it since day one release, and while i took a couple months break, ive gotten back into it and am enjoying it. 

Im a level 93 rifleman crafter. I make my vendor rounds to sell off inventory, lead and plastic runs, maybe craft a new player a level one recon sniper pipe rifle. 

I dont do much legendary hunting and i could only get through 3/4 of silo charlie, but i dont like the power armor. I just kinda do my own thing 

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/7/2019 at 8:39 AM, MystifyNCrucify said:

No love for 76? 

EA:  We are the most evil game company in the world.  We have no soul.  Microtransactions now....microtransactions forever....give us all your money.

Bethesda:  Hold my beer.....

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan

8 hours ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

EA:  We are the most evil game company in the world.  We have no soul.  Microtransactions now....microtransactions forever....give us all your money.

So far in 76 the only thing that “might” or even “could possibly” be considered pay to win in the atom shop is repair kits. 

The thing about that though, is that the price for the regular repair kit is 50 atoms (works out to about €.50 ) and if you paid attention to the challenges you could farm that faster than putting in a credit card number. Last night i got 20 atoms for scrapping 10 pieces of rubber for example. Also, you can repair two times better (or 50% with the improved kit that you can get killing the queen) at any weapons workbench with the right perks. 

The community is VERY vocal about microtransactions. Even that relatively minor one was a pretty big deal for a lot of people. 

I just don't like the game as much as I do the standalone versions.  I really miss the ability to save my game easily and the way they have it set up, makes it fairly inefficient to just pop the game in for half an hour at a time.  You really need to sit there for a few hours to get a decent chunk of the game accomplished.  I haven't gotten close to finishing the main storyline of the game yet, and with other versions of Fallout or Elder Scrolls games, I would have several different builds on the go at a time.  This is just a much different game.

15 hours ago, Aardvark said:

I just don't like the game as much as I do the standalone versions.  I really miss the ability to save my game easily and the way they have it set up, makes it fairly inefficient to just pop the game in for half an hour at a time.  You really need to sit there for a few hours to get a decent chunk of the game accomplished.  I haven't gotten close to finishing the main storyline of the game yet, and with other versions of Fallout or Elder Scrolls games, I would have several different builds on the go at a time.  This is just a much different game.

I abandoned this game cause of those reasons.Same thing that bothered me about destiny.

• Upvote 1

On 5/1/2019 at 6:56 PM, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Ever played E.T, made for and by Atari?

Hold my beer?

Pfffft, Atari crushed a keg of Molson Black Label while slamming a Texas Mickey of Russian Prince...

And then they shot-gunned a Colt 45, cuz' you can never go wrong with Malt Liquour!

We should make a new thread...greatest game/developer/system of ALL TIME!

Kanye West already signed onto the project

• Upvote 1

• 5 weeks later...
On 5/10/2019 at 1:12 PM, falcon45ca said:

Ever played E.T, made for and by Atari?

Hold my beer?

Pfffft, Atari crushed a keg of Molson Black Label while slamming a Texas Mickey of Russian Prince...

And then they shot-gunned a Colt 45, cuz' you can never go wrong with Malt Liquour!

We should make a new thread...greatest game/developer/system of ALL TIME!

Kanye West already signed onto the project

Action 52. Easily one of the worst “games or collection of games” ever sold. I think the original price was around $100-125 american, and that was for the nes. 

4 minutes ago, MystifyNCrucify said:

Action 52. Easily one of the worst “games or collection of games” ever sold. I think the original price was around $100-125 american, and that was for the nes. 

The original retail price was $199 US. And that's 1991 dollars - equivalent to over $350 US today.

From Wikipedia:

The games have major glitches, some of which cause them to freeze or crash due to programming flaws; there are also incomplete or endless levels, confusing design, and unresponsive controls. In the manual, each game has a one-sentence description, with some being described as completely different games and others incorrectly described or categorized.

• Thanks 1

Nuclear Winter is actually extremely enjoyable, and i wouldnt touch call of duty with a ten foot clown pole, and apex legends i deleted 30 seconds after parachuting into a group of people with weapons. 

I was pretty dissapointed the first night, but that was a combination of playing with pugs, not truly understanding what to do, and having a chick kick my ash using only punches when i had a scoped revolver. 

My aim is horrible, but ive had guys in my crosshairs with a sniper rifle and not hit them so lag must have some effect on damage. 

That said, even as a rifleman in adventure mode, i prefer auto weapons and seem to do much better using one, even with +40% damage perks with shotguns and rifles. 

Long live spray and pray!  Think im level 20 overseer now. 

*Fallout 76 is free trial this week. You might be pleasantly surprised

Edited by MystifyNCrucify

8 minutes ago, D-Money said:

The original retail price was $199 US. And that's 1991 dollars - equivalent to over $350 US today.

From Wikipedia:

The games have major glitches, some of which cause them to freeze or crash due to programming flaws; there are also incomplete or endless levels, confusing design, and unresponsive controls. In the manual, each game has a one-sentence description, with some being described as completely different games and others incorrectly described or categorized.

I think watching angry video game nerd on youtube has made me appreciate what it truly takes to make a great game now, and especially then. 

In nintendo era, if you shipped a glitched game you couldnt patch it you had to recall and replace. 

Nowadays, if you mess up a texture or a quest doesnt update correctly, you have 100 youtubers making click bait, biased, angry videos about it. Most of them didnt play the game longer than a few hours before “burning the witch” so to speak, when 76 came out. 

76 is definately going in the right direction, and didnt deserve “all” the hate it got at launch. 

On 6/15/2019 at 1:11 AM, Twilight Sparkle said:

the scorched give me anxiety LOL my starting camp looks homey :3 kinda sucks the turrets dont attack random molerats :|

Photo_2019-06-14-211208-thumbnail.png.4ecfba2aafbbcd8b0d6cc05feb4bec6c.pngPhoto_2019-06-14-211226-thumbnail.png.45f7c59c36952219e0ba4f0e85459dab.png

Welcome to appalachia. Any questions or tips dont hesitate to ask. I have a level 191 so ive been around. 

First tip though, is at the overseers camp on one of the boxes or tables, is the plan for a metal bed. If you sleep in sleeping bags (on the floor) you are going to contract a disease. The metal bed you wont. 

12 minutes ago, MystifyNCrucify said:

Welcome to appalachia. Any questions or tips dont hesitate to ask. I have a level 191 so ive been around. 

First tip though, is at the overseers camp on one of the boxes or tables, is the plan for a metal bed. If you sleep in sleeping bags (on the floor) you are going to contract a disease. The metal bed you wont. 

i dont think i slept anywhere until i made my camp xD i see this game loosely follows survival mode of fallout4, where... EVERYTHING is scarce. ive been grinding and collecting chems, ammo and mats in morgantown, either vault tec uni or the airport and doing the events around town when they reset. i went in to super mutant territory and even at level 14 a level 5 mutant destroys my hp :x then i heard the unholy beeping of a suicider and i was like, looks like i got myself in to a bit of trouble lmaoo

Edited by Twilight Sparkle

11 minutes ago, Twilight Sparkle said:

i dont think i slept anywhere until i made my camp xD i see this game loosely follows survival mode of fallout4, where... EVERYTHING is scarce. ive been grinding and collecting chems, ammo and mats in morgantown, either vault tec uni or the airport and doing the events around town when they reset. i went in to super mutant territory and even at level 14 a level 5 mutant destroys my hp :x then i heard the unholy beeping of a suicider and i was like, looks like i got myself in to a bit of trouble lmaoo

Muties can be tough. Pretty much all enemies can be in certain situations. 

If you go into your pip boy in the junk tab, and click R1 on PS4, you can tag any junk you want. That will put a magnifying glass beside all the scrap in the world. 

If you level up, you dont need to take a perk from the special list you increased. Again, You can take strength, then press r1 and take a luck card. 

Dont underestimate perks like butchers bounty and green thumb, thru hiker, good with salt, and other QOL perks. 

Theres a farm to the north west part of the map called “Aaronholt Homestead” that has tatos, corn, razorgrain, but more importantly 10 cranberry bushes. If you cook cranberries you make a food that gives you +5% bonus experience. If you get lucky and find the cranberry relish recipe, you can turn them into +10% bonus exp. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, MystifyNCrucify said:

Muties can be tough. Pretty much all enemies can be in certain situations. 

If you go into your pip boy in the junk tab, and click R1 on PS4, you can tag any junk you want. That will put a magnifying glass beside all the scrap in the world. 

If you level up, you dont need to take a perk from the special list you increased. Again, You can take strength, then press r1 and take a luck card. 

Dont underestimate perks like butchers bounty and green thumb, thru hiker, good with salt, and other QOL perks. 

Theres a farm to the north west part of the map called “Aaronholt Homestead” that has tatos, corn, razorgrain, but more importantly 10 cranberry bushes. If you cook cranberries you make a food that gives you +5% bonus experience. If you get lucky and find the cranberry relish recipe, you can turn them into +10% bonus exp. 

thank you! i went in to this game like how i would play survival difficulty in fallout 4 xD take it slow and just grind, but this game, I get to know the mechanics. ive always played fallout 4 on my ps4 cause I've mostly been a console gamer, but I do play black desert on my pc so the transition isn't too bad. my wife now uses my ps4 for her copy and he's terrible, so sony needs to stop being dicks and let ps4 players play with the rest of us so i can drop her chems X3

Edited by Twilight Sparkle

Just now, Twilight Sparkle said:

thank you! i went in to this game like how i would play survival difficulty in fallout 4 xD take it slow and just grind, but this game, I get to know the mechanics. ive always played fallout 4 on my ps4 cause I've mostly been a console gamer, but I do play black desert on my pc so the transition isn't too bad

Oh. Once you hit level 5, you need to turn pacifist mode on unless you want to pvp.