The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2018 CDC Puck Draft

thejazz97

10 minutes ago, Sestito'sHandMadeVodka said:

Hey - Can I be added to the list of people to tag in the draft? I'm generally going to be more available that Sygvard, and would hate to miss a pick because he's like, rescuing a kitten from a burning building or something.

Done! We wouldn't want to take Sygvard away from rescuing kittens now :P 

This is just a suggestion, but maybe having a specific time for each pick is a better option than going pick by pick with a clock (unlimited time in the first round).

Not knowing when your pick is up probably contributes to the slower pace. If for example, in the first round, a pick was made every hour from 10 am PDT to 8 pm PDT — And you pick 8th, 20th, 22nd in the draft and it started today — you could make your 3 picks anytime after (day 1) 5 pm PDT, (day 2) 6 pm PDT, and (day 2) 8 pm PDT, respectively.

Get through the 1st round in three days.

For myself, I work at home about 85% of the time, and don’t have kids.... so the current format is easy as pie. For those who have kids and long hour jobs, or remote jobs, would that be a easier way to draft? Basically log on for a specific time and pick the highest guy in your rankings. 

Archived