The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Tavares done with Islanders according to Sportsnet 590 Broadcaster (Toronto)

2 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Good point. They would be really hard to play against, but are getting older and less capable. 

i just have a feeling they would win the cup with the addition of kane and tavares and i dont want them to win lol.

2 minutes ago, TNucks1 said:

i just have a feeling they would win the cup with the addition of kane and tavares and i dont want them to win lol.

Fair enough. They really weren't very good in the last playoffs though, and I can't see Tavares putting them over the hump. 

30 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

John Tavares is flying back to New York today, but currently has no further meetings scheduled with the Islanders. Saturday is the deadline for him to sign with the Islanders if he wants an 8-year contract.

all signs point towards him signing with the islander, why waste every bodies time and go through this stupid process, when he knew he was choosing the islanders.

4 hours ago, Squamfan said:

all signs point towards him signing with the islander, why waste every bodies time and go through this stupid process, when he knew he was choosing the islanders.

Leverage. If he demonstrates that he's willing to sign elsewhere, then NYI has to pony up.

Take it for what it’s worth, I have a good friend who is best friends with Steve Downie who’s buds with Tavares haha yes a stretch but he’s saying the 2 teams he’s down to is TB and Dal... 

dont shoot the messenger here just passing along very distances information some of you might wanna hear from the friend group 

2 years ago my buddy Dryden Hunt told me and all the boys he was set on the wild and ended up signing with Florida so take this with a grain of salt as I dunno if JT would tilt such a hand to his fellow friends 

7 hours ago, LegionOfDoom said:

Take it for what it’s worth, I have a good friend who is best friends with Steve Downie who’s buds with Tavares haha yes a stretch but he’s saying the 2 teams he’s down to is TB and Dal... 

dont shoot the messenger here just passing along very distances information some of you might wanna hear from the friend group 

2 years ago my buddy Dryden Hunt told me and all the boys he was set on the wild and ended up signing with Florida so take this with a grain of salt as I dunno if JT would tilt such a hand to his fellow friends 

TBL or DAL (besides staying with the NYI), would probably be the teams I'd lean to as well if I were him. Both appear to have longer open windows than SJS, good teams/prospects, favorable taxes, nice cities/climate etc. 

Not worthy of it's own thread, but some potential fallout...

"Starting point."  Not sure I'd do them straight up, especially considering we don't need another winger.  Of course the implication is that he would supplant others.  Still questionable whether Nylander will ever become a full-time C, and does he play "the right way" for the model that's being built?  Tanev's value to us at least short-term for development/sheltering of Juolevi and Hughes may be higher.

10 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

Not worthy of it's own thread, but some potential fallout...

"Starting point."  Not sure I'd do them straight up, especially considering we don't need another winger.  Of course the implication is that he would supplant others.  Still questionable whether Nylander will ever become a full-time C, and does he play "the right way" for the model that's being built?  Tanev's value to us at least short-term for development/sheltering of Juolevi and Hughes may be higher.

All just pure conjecture.  

A Tanev/Nylander trade is interesting.  I am very hesitant to burn more of our assets for wingers and would also probably want to move a winger like Baerschi with him.

Still not sure how would feel about this, certainly improves our skill quotient on the wing, Nylander, Brock and EP on the wings of the first two lines is pretty sick.  

Would likely be a good compliment to the current group, split him to a separate line than EP and have two small, potentially elite play makers for the first two lines.  

Whoever works better with Brock could have an absolutely amazing scoring line.  Add someone who goes to the net and voila.

Oh well, fun conjecture but not likely to happen.

1 hour ago, Hutton Wink said:

Murph with his feelz...

That would be worst case scenario for us.  

A nearby team is least likely to want to offload salary to us in a bargain deal, and we have to face a loaded team regularly.  

San Jose was on the way down with Thornton and Marleau getting old... but with Kane Tavares would instead be getting better.

3 minutes ago, Provost said:

That would be worst case scenario for us.  

A nearby team is least likely to want to offload salary to us in a bargain deal, and we have to face a loaded team regularly.  

San Jose was on the way down with Thornton and Marleau getting old... but with Kane Tavares would instead be getting better.

They unloaded to us before, no reason why they wouldn't again.  Tierney, Karlsson, lots of options.

Archived