The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2018 NHL Draft (Anyone coming to Dallas?)

With the draft just two weeks away here in Dallas, I cannot contain my excitement to be here for what could be the draft of a pivotal franchise player(s).  I am fortunate to live in the Dallas/Fort Worth area and will be attending everything from NHL Day on Thursday, June 21st at Dr. Pepper Star Center, Frisco where the prospects will be working out on the ice, along with the two draft days over the weekend.  I am also part of a local Veteran's hockey organization (Dallas Warriors) that is comprised of disabled military members who play hockey as a means of rehabilitation and brotherhood.  We play in tournaments all over the US and are looking to expand up to Canada once we have more funding via our non-profit.  I belong to a board of directors who are fortunate to be meeting with new head coach Jim Montgomery and GM Jim Nill next Thursday, to present some signed books from a local WWII hero and friend of ours.  I promised not to wear any of my Nucks stuff, but I cannot say that I will not float some trade ideas including Tanny, Baer, Hutty or Raymond, Ballard and a 3rd by them ^_^.  I wonder if I can convince them to take Loui back???  

Anyhoo, if you are going to be attending the draft be on the lookout for me in my 1994 Babych split-jersey on Friday.  I will be in my Navy Seals jersey Saturday sporting our championship trophy from the recent United Heroes League Armed Forces Classic held here in DFW.  Feel free to post here if you will be in attendance as it would be cool to get some pics with other Nucks fans during the weekend.  My goal is to get as many pics with draftees and our fans as possible.  I have attached a pic from our recent championship celly on Memorial Day weekend.  I am the ugly guy behind the trophy in case you see me and want to say hey.  GO CANUCKS and see you at the draft!!!            

33717415_10212426808525242_4564787174578323456_o.jpg

7 hours ago, Odjick29willkillyou said:

I have lived here since 2007 and although it is growing rapidly, it is still the coolest place I have lived.  Chicago and Seattle are a close 2nd though.  

I really want to hit a Cowboys game and see that stadium. I hear it's awesome. Of course I'd be hoping for a Stars game or two that week as well. Dallas is definitely on my top three list of US cities to hit for an NFL game and hockey. To date New Orleans has been my favorite NFL vacation. We went to the game wearing team Canada hockey jerseys and had an absolute blast. "Ya'll know this isn't a hockey game" while in line to get in. Then some people started singing Oh canada to us. Fun city, friendly people.

NOLA is a great city. Very cool people. I remember wearing my Seahawks jersey on Bourbon St. the day after we destroyed the Saints on MNF. Almost everyone told me we had a good team and to enjoy it. Cowgirls fans are a bit different, but most of them are pretty cool as well. Same with Stars fans. Do not get me started on Bears and $hithawks fans though. Almost got in to a fight at both team's games with their dumb ass fans. Hopefully you can make it here. I live in the Fort Worth area which is more like Calgary while Dallas is closer to Toronto without a giant body of water next to it lol. If I am still here, I will buy you a beer. 

I do not see GMJB trading away picks. Conversely, I do see him trading for picks via the Baer's, Huttons and possibly Nilssons of the world. He has shown a knack for drafting in the latter rounds and those guys would most likely net us 3rd-6th rounders with Baer getting a player/prospect to boot. 

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Chicken. said:

Sadly not, but I am planning to be at the 2019 Vancouver draft :gocan:

How much $ were tickets to attend the first round draft ?

I went last year in Chicago and the official cost is like $20 if not less. Got mine from second hand market and cost me bout $50 US.

To those who are going, have fun. I am now so glad I went last year to watch our Swedish legend drafted.

Archived