The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2018 FIFA World Cup

Brad Marchand

That draw just looks so weird without Italy, USA, Netherlands, Chile and Cameroon.

That said........... Gooooooooooooooooooooooo England !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Or break my heart again. I am prepared for both.

Better not have to play Argentina again.

Damn cheaters, "Hand of God" my arse.

10 minutes ago, nuckin_futz said:

That draw just looks so weird without Italy, USA, Netherlands, Chile and Cameroon.

That said........... Gooooooooooooooooooooooo England !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Or break my heart again. I am prepared for both.

Better not have to play Argentina again.

Damn cheaters, "Hand of God" my arse.

F4C3041B-5BF6-46FE-8F14-828C414A8B92.jpeg

Its going to hurt watching without my beloved La Nazionale (**** you Ventura), but life will go on and we will be back. I want Argentina to win and would be ok with Spain (only if Ramos gets hurt and doesn't play the majority of the tournament), France or Uruguay winning it. If a new team is to lift the trophy, I would prefer one of Croatia (that midfield:wub:), Columbia (James Rodriguez:wub:) and Mexico (that front three of Lozano-Chicharito-Vela :wub:) to be the team to lift it. The teams that under no circumstance do I want lifting the trophy are Portugal (:sick:), Brazil (I don't want the gap of WC Trophies to widen), Germany (No way should they have more trophies than us).

Some predictions:

1. Russia will get a controversial call against Egypt that sees them get a goal to tie or win the game.

2. Portugal - Spain finishes as a 0-0, whereas Iran - Morocco ends 2-2.

3. France advances but has trouble in all three of their games.  It is not as convincing as predicted.

4. Argentina finishes second to Croatia.

5. Brazil doesn't concede a goal during the GS.  Switzerland and Serbia will produce best match of the GS.

6. South Korea rebounds from 2014 to win two games and tie Germany.

7. Belgium either misses out on the knockouts or goes all the way to the final.

8. All four teams will have three points after two games played, setting up a hectic final day to see who moves on.

First goal:  Fyodor Smolov, 21' against Saudi Arabia

First red card:  Mile Jedinak (two yellows vs France)

First penalty: Egypt against Uruguay, Cavani scores.

5 minutes ago, Alain Vigneault said:

Some predictions:

1. Russia will get a controversial call against Egypt that sees them get a goal to tie or win the game.

3. France advances but has trouble in all three of their games.  It is not as convincing as predicted.

5. Brazil doesn't concede a goal during the GS.  Switzerland and Serbia will produce best match of the GS.

8. All four teams will have three points after two games played, setting up a hectic final day to see who moves on.

9. England exits the tournament on penalties, just as hype in the media is really starting to build and overconfidence sets in. This is then followed by a frenzied discussion on BBC's Match of the Day about how this isn't good enough and they've let the country down. Repeat in 4 years.

giphy.gif

31 minutes ago, nuckin_futz said:

We're a Commonwealth country.

Cheer for England and get your heart broken with me. :)

I don't mean to be negative, but the england squad for this tournament is probably the worst they have had in a long time

10 minutes ago, ReggieBush said:

I don't mean to be negative, but the england squad for this tournament is probably the worst they have had in a long time

Canucks have been going with their worst squad in a long time too and I still cheer for them.

Notice a pattern here Reg? :)

5 hours ago, Alain Vigneault said:

Some predictions:

lol what are the odds of this happening? Should do something like a combo bet. Must be at least 10000x. Bet $100, become a millionaire.

All you non-qualifiers get outta here.  Wallow in group L.  Including you clumsy Scots.

6 hours ago, Alain Vigneault said:

Some predictions:

I love you.

The only that sucks is the time for the games, but I guess I could do replays. I just love having it on the TV all the time :P

I'm struggling a bit this year with who will make it out of the group stage, which I'm usually very successful at. I guess having notable teams out and more wildcards adds to this though.

Archived