The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2018 FIFA World Cup

Brad Marchand

1 hour ago, Chip Kelly said:

He is only 19! Cut him some slack and remember some of Neymar could very well have rubbed off on him at PSG.:P

Speaking of wasting time Manduzic and Croatia did a solid job staying on the grass after taking the lead and making some strategic and leisurely substitutions...

I saw that lol.. you could tell some of the English players were pissed off because he kept staying on the grass even though he looked fine.. 

This should be a lesson to never celebrate too early.. football is coming home bs really got annoying and corny. 

Slightly disappointed, but most importantly, Portugal and Brazil are out as well. I'm fine with whoever wins between France and Croatia.

Props to the Croats. They were definitely the better side and did an excellent job shutting down Kane. (Ironically, I thought it was Sterling's best performance in the KO stage) Felt bad for Trippier, though. Must have been hard to sit and watch your team try and equalize, knowing that you should be out there helping...

Croatia was the better team,  especially in the 2nd half,  England had the edge in the 1st half but did not convert on their chances.

The stats told the story of the game.  Shots:  Croatia 22,  England 11,  Shots on Goal: Croatia 7, England 2.  Time of Possession:  Croatia 56%,  England 44%.

England did not play with passion in the 2nd half.  They sort of held back and it certainly cost them.     

10 minutes ago, Scottish⑦Canuck said:

That is a pathetic decision. In a World Cup final.

Overall I've liked the VAR but they can't leave something like that up to the ref's interpretation.

Need to have the same people making the call each time.

1 minute ago, Master Mind said:

Overall I've liked the VAR but they can't leave something like that up to the ref's interpretation.

Need to have the same people making the call each time.

As soon as they call the ref to watch it, they suggests its a pen... extra pressure on ref. 

5 minutes ago, spook007 said:

As soon as they call the ref to watch it, they suggests its a pen... extra pressure on ref. 

Yep, he shouldn't be put in that situation.

3 minutes ago, Scottish⑦Canuck said:

There's no clear guidelines on hand ball. Especially within the box. That's the problem.

That's in no way deliberate. 

Griezmann dived to win that free kick as well. France so lucky so far.

Definitely not deliberate. The French player missed it so it came straight through to his hand. He couldn't have anticipated that.

I hate that Pen decision. The play is going nowhere. There is no danger. The near post defender is heading that away for a corner anyway. I understand why it was called, however it is an incredibly harsh decision in a World Cup Final. France back at it again, just like Malouda in 06, diving like they are in the olympics

1 minute ago, HorvatToBaertschi said:

You guys are wayyy off base. Hand wasn’t tucked, stopped the ball. Penalty every day of the week. 

The ball was going nowhere, there was no danger. That is the problem I have with the call. If he does that and giroud is behind him ready for a tap in, I have no problem with it. 

18 minutes ago, HorvatToBaertschi said:

You guys are wayyy off base. Hand wasn’t tucked, stopped the ball. Penalty every day of the week. 

No it isn't. The position of the hand is irrelevant as per FIFA's own guidelines. 

rPiqLI9.jpg

It's never a penalty. Croatia should feel incredibly hard done by and it's changed the course of the game.

Archived