so you are suggesting

that fifa referees in mid game

consult with cdc fans

to assist with on field rulings

sweet... i wonder what payment arrangements can be made with fifa

we'll all become pro (paid) keyboard warriors then

we gotta start a union pdq

:P

Sure thing, but I also want a nice FIFA blazer and of course I’d like my share of the bribe money, next time a football hotbed like Qatar wants to host.

50 minutes ago, coastal.view said:

:wub:

so you are suggesting

that fifa referees in mid game

consult with cdc fans

to assist with on field rulings

sweet... i wonder what payment arrangements can be made with fifa

we'll all become pro (paid) keyboard warriors then

we gotta start a union pdq

:P

It's not just CDC though, Swedish sports media is up in arms (haha) about it too. Swedish media was heavily backing the Croats, strong Croatian minority in Sweden.

3 minutes ago, canuckster19 said:

Looks like Paris pulled a Vancouver, except they won...

This has been going on for awhile in Paris unfortunately.

Easier in big crowds for these people to do these sorts of things. There's definitely a deep cultural divide going on there though.

Or, you know, people are up in arms about it because the very rules of the game dictate that it shouldn't have been a penalty.

• Upvote 2

I live in a part of Montreal, the Plateau Mont-Royal, where there's a lot of French people from France. I can hear all the screaming and the honking from my room.

21 minutes ago, Rosalie73 said:

I live in a part of Montreal, the Plateau Mont-Royal, where there's a lot of French people from France. I can hear all the screaming and the honking from my room.

OT - do they make fun of your french?  Or is that a bit of an urban myth (re: snobbery regarding speaking "real French" vs "Quebecois French"?

9 hours ago, ReggieBush said:

Where has Pogba excelled? At Juventus where he was in a 3 man midfield of featuring a true box to box midfielder and tireless worker in Vidal and one of the greatest (if not the greatest) playmaking midfielders of all time in Pirlo. In the France team playing beside a man who has like 6 lungs and covers the entire pitch in Kante.

People think he excelled in this tournament despite losing possession the most out of any player in the tournament by a huge margin.

He is garbage at united (ok, distinctly average). He is incredibly flawed as a player and yet is one of the most hyped players in the world

But but he's really tall those long legged strides can really eat up a lot of grass when he is in the mood for more than a stroll.:P

1 hour ago, Silky mitts said:

CAlled it France is a powerhouse . Got loads and loads of talent .

Yes very young team. They could have been like Spain had they not lost to Portugal in the Euros 2 years ago and gone for 3 major international tournament wins in a row.

Euro 2020 will be very fun.

4 hours ago, canuckster19 said:

It's not just CDC though, Swedish sports media is up in arms (haha) about it too. Swedish media was heavily backing the Croats, strong Croatian minority in Sweden.

no one can take anything away from croatia

they made it to the final

they played fairly well in the final game

they must have been incredibly tired as they sure had a lot of on field minutes during this tournament

congrats to them, i really developed a lot of respect for their midfield

but they also had the easier route

to me it was obvious watching france play belgium

and then watching croatia play england the next day

the quality of soccer was noticeably lower in the croatia - england game

croatia did raise the standard a bit in the 2nd half, but the soccer simply was not as good

france and belgium were the class of this tournament

france were the deserving winners

and their future on the world stage of soccer

looks incredibly bright

10 hours ago, HorvatToBaertschi said:

Thats false. 21/23 of them are born and raised in France. The other two are raised in France. Stop letting misinformation like that spread. France had 50 french raised players in the world cup. 2nd best was brasil with 28. France just has the best football program in the world. Its not because we accept immigration that 3rd 4th generation players should be labelled as african. 

I think you have colonialism confused with immigration.

1 hour ago, CBH1926 said:

I think you have colonialism confused with immigration.

i am canadian born but the first generation raised here

despite my european ancestry

i am not european

i am 100% canadian

the french players of colour are french

their ancestry does not effect their nationality

you sound a bit trump like in your approach

and that is not a compliment

Congrats to France on winning the WC! I think the biggest problem that people have (myself included) with France winning, is due to the way they play. Sorry but France plays a boring game of football. They don't initiate the play. They wait and hope for the opposing team to make a mistake. They rarely pressured teams. They play the way most inferior teams play against the powerhouses. Difference is that France has world class players.

But having all 11 players in your half for more than half of the game, is not an entertaining football game. I'm a Belgian and naturally was rooting for Belgium and France won deservedly. They were efficient. One chance and they put it in but the rest of the game, they sat back. They play a trap-like style if you want to compare it, even though they are quite different sports. Two teams going at each other and creating constant danger is a lot more fun to watch than France IMHO. I am very proud of the Belgian team. They played with their heart and played attractive football.

And one last thing, they started playing dirty the further they got. Faking injuries and wasting time. What Mbappé did against us during extra time, was dirty and cowardly but understandable as well but still have a bit of sportsmanship. The FIFA really need to change the rules. I think they need to implement a stopclock. That will stop all this team wasting and faking injuries. It doesn't promote the sport when you see Neymar flopping on the ground.

Congrats France on winning the WC! We will get you in 2 years when the Euros come around :).

The only games I watched were the Croatia vs England games and the final game.

croatia was the better team on the day of the final and the penalty kick goal was weak.  But that’s sport.

anyway, I sound like a broken record when it comes to soccer but man it can be hard to watch.  

After watching the Stanley cup playoffs, seeing a bunch of hairdoos flop all over the field is embarrassing.  It’ll never change I suppose but fifa really needs to address some rules in this regard.