The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2018 FIFA World Cup

Brad Marchand

Say what you want about the Messi vs Ronaldo debate but if Argentina has a hope in this tournament Lionel will have to turn in his fair share of performances like Ronaldo's today.

Great match, plenty more quality on display tomorrow.

45 minutes ago, Caboose said:

Say what you want about the Messi vs Ronaldo debate but if Argentina has a hope in this tournament Lionel will have to turn in his fair share of performances like Ronaldo's today.

Great match, plenty more quality on display tomorrow.

To an extent, I agree.  Although, I'd say Lionel has a bit less pressure this year with the inclusions of Pavon and Dybala on that team, as well as returns of regulars like Aguero, Higuain, and Di Maria to provide offence.  (On paper, anyway)

1 hour ago, Alain Vigneault said:

To an extent, I agree.  Although, I'd say Lionel has a bit less pressure this year with the inclusions of Pavon and Dybala on that team, as well as returns of regulars like Aguero, Higuain, and Di Maria to provide offence.  (On paper, anyway)

No Mauro Icardi? Bit of a Surprise?

1 hour ago, Chip Kelly said:

I thought it was a snub too. Argentina does have a plethora of talented strikers though. Apparently him and Messi dont get along great so the rumours say is another reason. 

Argentina refusing to play quick 1-2s and showing extremely poor movement off the ball. 

Aguero has been the lone player inside the 18 on almost every Argentine attack. 

The team needs to stop watching Messi play football and do something for themselves if they are to win. 

9 minutes ago, Scottish⑦Canuck said:

Ref doesn't go to VAR for a stonewaller.

Yup. 

Incredibly frustrating way to drop points, what is the point of the VAR if not to be used in that situation? 

16 hours ago, Chip Kelly said:

Overrated imo. Does nothing in build up play

Argentina deserved the win. Iceland plays with 11 behind the ball, cant defend 1 on 1. I understand why they do it, but that doesn't make them a good side. 

Even though Messi had an off day, he was the best player on the pitch today.

Archived