ba;;isticsports

Juolevi or 2018 pick

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

Who would you consider more valuable to the Canucks right now, Juolevi or this years #7 pick?

 

If you were an opposing Gm which would you consider has higher value if you were to make a trade with the Canucks? 

 

Juolevi was a 5th round pick, and from what I remember, rated as one of the top 3 defencemen of that years draft picks (some were surprised when we never took Sergachev- (would you in a redraft)?

 

There are lots of different mock drafts (but using this one) who do you value more Juolevi or Dobson?  https://www.draftsite.com/nhl/mock-draft/2018/ 

 

Interestingly had we taken Matt Tkachuk in that draft we had another chance of  having another brother combo on the team, to go along with the Sedins, Courtnalls, Sweatt, Goulds

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Let's see who we pick this year.

 

Also, in a redraft, I take McAvoy at 5.

  • Hydration 1
  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, ba;;isticsports said:

Who would you consider more valuable to the Canucks right now, Juolevi or this years #7 pick?

 

If you were an opposing Gm which would you consider has higher value if you were to make a trade with the Canucks? 

 

Juolevi was a 5th round pick, and from what I remember, rated as one of the top 3 defencemen of that years draft picks (some were surprised when we never took Sergachev- (would you in a redraft)?

 

There are lots of different mock drafts (but using this one) who do you value more Juolevi or Dobson?  https://www.draftsite.com/nhl/mock-draft/2018/ 

 

Interestingly had we taken Matt Tkachuk in that draft we had another chance of  having another brother combo on the team, to go along with the Sedins, Courtnalls, Sweatt, Goulds

I think you mean 5th overall

  • Like 1
  • Hydration 1
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Totally disagree, and find @Rob_Zepp to make more sense.

 

So you think Juolevi could get us pick 8,9 or 10 in this years draft ?

 

Or taking it a step further....who do you feel in the first round would trade their pick for Juolevi ?

Edited by martybyrd

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I respectfully disagree Alf...

 

Interesting topic though....Do u think we could get a first round pick in this years draft for Jake ?

 

  • Hydration 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, martybyrd said:

I respectfully disagree Alf...

 

Interesting topic though....Do u think we could get a first round pick in this years draft for Jake ?

 

I don’t know.  Maybe a late first?  A playoff team would likely love what Jake brings.  

i wouldn’t trade Jake though, or any of our young guys.  We need to let them mature together into the next core, and then tinker around them to see how good we are.  

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

These kind of topics and conversation are so redundant. No one including scouting pros knows the final answers to what happens to prospects. Who heard of John Carlson in his first few years of hockey?

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, ba;;isticsports said:

Who would you consider more valuable to the Canucks right now, Juolevi or this years #7 pick?

 

If you were an opposing Gm which would you consider has higher value if you were to make a trade with the Canucks? 

 

Juolevi was a 5th round pick, and from what I remember, rated as one of the top 3 defencemen of that years draft picks (some were surprised when we never took Sergachev- (would you in a redraft)?

 

There are lots of different mock drafts (but using this one) who do you value more Juolevi or Dobson?  https://www.draftsite.com/nhl/mock-draft/2018/ 

 

Interestingly had we taken Matt Tkachuk in that draft we had another chance of  having another brother combo on the team, to go along with the Sedins, Courtnalls, Sweatt, Goulds

Are you saying which one should we trade?  The answer is neither.

 

Benning needs to draft a complimentary player to Juolevi imo.  In other words, high offensive skill.  A power play quarterback.  Fortunately, at least one of Boqvist, Bouchard or Dobson should be available at 7.  I'm leaning towards a player who will be more NHL ready because the Canucks are well into their rebuild but if Benning takes the player with the higher ceiling and a longer development curve, I can live with it.

 

I think that OJ may be rated lower than he should be by many GM's because of his longer development curve.  There is no saying whether he will be better than Sergachev or McAvoy from his draft class in a few years.  Draft +5 is what really counts.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, thejazz97 said:

Let's see who we pick this year.

 

Also, in a redraft, I take McAvoy at 5.

easy to say now you would take McAvoy at #5 but every expert had McAvoy rated 5th best D man in that draft year... Canucks would of never taken him at 5th....

You can say the same about Boser?? He should of been taken in top 10...Not easy for to project how 18yr old men will turn out...Easy 2 yrs later to say should of picked McAvoy..

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, wildcam said:

easy to say now you would take McAvoy at #5 but every expert had McAvoy rated 5th best D man in that draft year... Canucks would of never taken him at 5th....

You can say the same about Boser?? He should of been taken in top 10...Not easy for to project how 18yr old men will turn out...Easy 2 yrs later to say should of picked McAvoy..

Yeah, but the question was who would you take in a redraft.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.