The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2018-19 CDC Puck League

thejazz97

On 10/1/2018 at 10:26 PM, thejazz97 said:

P6fzfij.png

League Rule Update:

Effective immediately, UFAs will be able to be signed at any age, provided that 1) they have gone undrafted through two entry drafts, and 2) the time of their signing complies with the rest of the existing rules surrounding free agency, such as the Trade Deadline to July 1 UFA signing freeze, et cetera. This will apply to both North American and European+ Skaters. This means that you will be able to sign 18-year-olds, as long as they've gone through the draft once as a 17-year-old and again as an 18-year old.

This rule will be available in the OP immediately.

@D-Money for your convenience :) 

Edited by thejazz97
  • Thanks 2

Columbus is open to offers on center Jacob Nilsson. Looking for a mid-to-late round 2019 draft pick.

He recently got called up to the Hawks and played his first game. He is on really good terms with the coach, Jeremy Colliton, as he has actually played for him on 3 different teams now. Before signing with the Blackhawks organization he played in Sweden under Colliton for Mora IK. (LINK: http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/hockey/blackhawks/ct-spt-blackhawks-jacob-nilsson-20181222-story.html)

Nilsson has a good shot of getting into regular NHL game action going forward - and will likely get more minutes if the Hawks sell at the deadline. However, with the recent additions of forwards by trade here in Columbus, along with a suddenly healthy roster, I have no room for him at all. Figure it's only fair to give him a shot elsewhere. Highest 2019 pick offered gets him.

33 minutes ago, thejazz97 said:

@D-Money for your convenience :) 

At the end of the day?

The real task is being fair to the player. A situation you would think the player would consider signing in? With pay scales idealistically like they might command in the Fantasy balanced version of real life. 

Fair to the guy who does research. But not overly so.  I am not in favour of an agent shopping a guy no one else has made an offer to. Still not necessarily signing with the first guy who makes an offer just because he was the first to discover. A RW when they already have RW prospects for example. If it is a good prospect, more offers will surface.

A month or two later, the agent can call back and accept if nothing does surface.

I like where we are at now versus 2 years ago.  It seemed SV (picking on the departed) and one or two others made all the college, Euro and undiscovered signings. And then traded them away for more current help.  I tend to agree, like with NHL signings, prospect signings need to see some fair chances to develop and get in a line up. Not get buried when they are actually playing. Or moved a month after signing. ie GM rep & simple discretion makes a difference.  So we don't see all prospects to one or three guys.   

• Upvote 3

Pretty good night, considering both Scheifele and Arvidsson put up minuses. Mostly due to this guy...

giphy.gif

However, it could have been better had I put Barclay Goodrow in, as he ended up with 15.25 Fpts. I was just going to stash him in the minors for the rest of the season, but he's been playing too well. So, I will be calling him up for the rest of the year.

Looking to make a little room though...Zac Rinaldo available for a late pick. Plays all 3 forward positions, and only a $750K cap hit.

• Like 1

Just now, D-Money said:

Not sure how I didn't notice this before, but I have two C.J. Suess's on my roster.  @thejazz97

617RkKr3MQL._SX425_.jpg

Hahaha that's from a couple days ago! :P I noticed there was a FA CJ Suess, and a CBJ CJ Suess. They will only count as one contract for your roster for now, but when he's called up, we'll see which one is given fantasy points and remove the other one.