The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2018-19 CDC Puck League

thejazz97

So?

We sold or dropped 6 net contracts between the deadline and new season.  To make cap.

And we're still trending to about a 5200 or 5300 point season. A drop of 300 points.  Literally ALL of it in goaltending. Rask is having a poor year by Rask standard, Markstrom we could not afford & Tristan Jarry has not made the Penguins in real life. By memory he was 160 or 170 points last year? Markstrom 230 or 240? If we could ''fix'' our goaltending? We would be a competing side as the rest of the team is improving.

Lots of guys stepping in to the line up & putting in, or putting in better results than last year. Harpur, Draisaitl, Fabbri is back, Hanifin is up, Kylington & Valimaki have played, Zinanajed & Radulov in particular have been lights out. Young ''B'' forwards Jankowski, Martinoook & Devin Shore are all having positive years. Replacing the performance of some lost players.

Not sure we're going to win the league this year. But we're impressed we're hangin in there! 

Edited by Canuck Surfer
  • Cheers 1

Fedor Gordeev traded out of Flint... FINALLY!

I know he's a longshot, late-round pick, but I have a soft spot for him. But it's been really hard to tell if he's not good enough, or just held back by a ridiculously terrible team. 

If he pans out, he'll be productive in this scoring system (think Tryamkin with better skating).

With Schmaltz out for the season, I'd be interested in replacing him with a similar-aged player who has similar production. Forward or defence, I don't care as long as they have a similar career projectory and upside. Could also package him for an upgrade to teams that aren't worried about losing out on a couple points this season. hmu! 

Edited by Watermelons
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Alain Vigneault said:

I'd like to thank @Master Mind for reaching out and providing me with an opportunity to join the league.

I imagine I'll need about a few days to truly assess my team and understand the ins and outs of this league.

But, @Sane33 and I are very much excited to get going.

If you need help with a trade, let me know :lol:

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

Vegas looking to sell:

1st round pick - Kevin Hayes (4.53)

2nd round pick - Philip Danault (4.09 FPs/G), Josh Bailey (3.95), Troy Stecher (2.56), Henrik Lundqvist (5.26)

3rd round pick - Kiefer Sherwood (2.22), Derrick Pouliot (2.43), Ilya Lyubushkin (2.61)

4th round pick - Markus Granlund (1.92), Joe Morrow (1.11), Dion Phaneuf (1.86)

Also happy to swap my 2020 picks for 2019 ones.

On 1/7/2019 at 2:51 PM, D-Money said:

Fedor Gordeev traded out of Flint... FINALLY!

I know he's a longshot, late-round pick, but I have a soft spot for him. But it's been really hard to tell if he's not good enough, or just held back by a ridiculously terrible team. 

If he pans out, he'll be productive in this scoring system (think Tryamkin with better skating).

So I don't know much about Tryamkin's skating but like....Gordeev isn't a great skater haha. Have you seen him play? He's fine once he has a head of steam going, but oh boy, can that kid not move quickly or accelerate. Got a pretty good offensive stick though.

1 hour ago, Sestito'sHandMadeVodka said:

So I don't know much about Tryamkin's skating but like....Gordeev isn't a great skater haha. Have you seen him play? He's fine once he has a head of steam going, but oh boy, can that kid not move quickly or accelerate. Got a pretty good offensive stick though.

Just going by scouting reports. 

I imagine any six and a half foot teenager will look a bit awkward out there. Regardless, hope he'll show better with some decent teammates/coaching.

Zac Rinaldo available for the highest 2019 pick offered today - even if it's just a 5th rounder.

Plays all 3 forward positions for Nashville. Would be nice playoff depth, but doesn't play every game, and I am trying to squeeze out as much regular season production as possible.

And don't think you can just pick him up on waivers, because if I go that route, @canucklax will scoop him up faster than you can say "Dan Hamhuis".

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1