The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2018-19 CDC Puck League

thejazz97

4 hours ago, canuckledraggin said:

What an amazing group of cripples I've assembled. Willing to accept offers on all your LTIR players. I need a matching set.

I thought you may have been slightly exaggerating...but then I checked.

C. Miller, Braun, Sekera, Hanzal, Elliott, C. Wilson, Sparks, Lewis, Hannikainen, Y. Weber, and Ennis. That's basically half a roster!

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

32 minutes ago, D-Money said:

I thought you may have been slightly exaggerating...but then I checked.

C. Miller, Braun, Sekera, Hanzal, Elliott, C. Wilson, Sparks, Lewis, Hannikainen, Y. Weber, and Ennis. That's basically half a roster!

Roughly $33 million in salary injured :lol:

• Haha 1

Went to the Flames-Panthers game in Calgary tonight. Rocked my Luongo stick-in-rink jersey.

Would have been nice to see Lu get a win on probably the last time I'll get to see him, but man, that Panthers team is hot garbage. Calgary didn't even wake up till the 2nd half, and even then Florida was lucky to be close.

At least getting a Rittich win here was a consolation. Not to mention Frolik playing one of the best games of his career - he was the catalyst on almost every good scoring chance, and ended with a goal and 2 (primary) assists.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

mD3TYLz.jpg

small.png To SJS: Troy Stecher, Kevin Hayes

small.png To VGK: Casey Cizikas, Andrew MacDonald, 2019 2nd (ARZ), 2019 2nd (CHI),  2019 4th (SJS)

-----

small.png To CGY: Emil Pettersson, Adam Musil, Alex Dostie

small.png To CBJ: Vaseline, Body Lotion (Nothing)

• Thanks 2
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, thejazz97 said:

mD3TYLz.jpg

Thanks to @maroe for the smooth negotiations, and to @thejazz97 for processing.

This was just about moving out some contracts. Neither Musil nor Dostie were developing at all, and likely wouldn't be extended. Pettersson is a guy I planned to keep, just in case he suddenly cracked the Preds, but the chances seemed low enough to risk moving him to make some room.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, thejazz97 said:

mD3TYLz.jpg

Thanks to @D-Money for the fun negotiations and @thejazz97 for processing the trade.

As Dmo mentioned, this was just to move out some contracts. We had a bit of room and felt that it made sense to capitalize on it to gain some assets. Pettersson has been an asset we've been eyeing on sometime and we are hoping he gets a shot next year. Hope he turns from an AHL top 6 into a Franchise centre like his brother ;). It is too bad that we had to give up some Vaseline so early in the year already after stocking up on 2 packs over the holidays. Hope you use it well @D-Money

Edited by maroe
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

signing201819_php.jpg.085e4b22f41a07bb6e2e2668fb28c135.jpg

On behalf of GM @Jaku, the Anaheim Ducks are proud to announce the following signings:

Andrew Poturalski - 2 years, $700k

Carter Verhaeghe - 2 years, $850k

On behalf of GM @thejazz97, the Arizona Coyotes are proud to announce the following extensions:

Matthew Tkachuk - 7 years, $7m

Charlie McAvoy - 7 years, $7m

Juuso Riikola - 1 year, $1.2m

Frederick Gaudreau - 1 year, $850k

Pierre Engvall - 2 years, $800k

Andrei Altybarmakyan - 3 years, $700k

Matthew Highmore - 2 years, $850k

Artyom Zagidulin - 4 years, $675k

On behalf of GM @D-Money, the Columbus Blue Jackets are proud to announce the following signing:

Kerby Rychel - 2 years, $1.1m

On behalf of GM @Baer., the Minnesota Wild are proud to announce the signing of the following player:

Jacob Middleton - 1 year, $1m

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Nail said:

Willing to take offers on Gourde, Laine, Subban and Fleury. Would need an excellent deal for me to consider moving them.

Don't come at me with lowball offers unless you like not getting responses :)

A post like that almost makes me want to put Kucherov on the market to see what I'd get. Almost

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Art Vandelay said:

Meanwhile, Tkachuk did not ignore the low ball offer... that is going to making signing high profile RFA’s a lot easier around here. 

*looks at FP/G for Tkachuk and Laine*

Yeaaaaa maybe I’ll just keep Laine now...

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Art Vandelay said:

Meanwhile, Tkachuk did not ignore the low ball offer... that is going to making signing high profile RFA’s a lot easier around here. 

As signings commissioner, I'll say this: if the offer is at least relatively good, and the pitch shows that the team wants this player and is committed to them, the player's agent (ie. myself and the rest of the commissioner team) may be a little more inclined to accept an offer.

As Coyotes GM, I used Aho's contract extension (7x6.75m, signed near the beginning of the season) as a comparable. There were counter-offers made by either side though, so it's not like a rubber stamp or anything like that :lol:

Feel free to use Tkachuk as a comparable when you're writing up offers, though. If we have an issue with a specific offer, we'll usually present a comparable in return (or reason(s) why we think it should be higher), and the negotiation, if necessary, would continue from there.

Hope that helps clear things up?

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, thejazz97 said:

Hope that helps clear things up?

I am 100% on board with that contract! I’ve briefly discussed with a few GM’s in the past, that I think only the top top guys should be getting $8+m. At some point contracts just don’t have value when you pay them $12.5m to produce marginally more than a guy who commands $7m.

• Like 1

And I was asked to pay Shayne (2.8 fpts per game) Gostisbehere over what Tkachuk was signed for, once upon a time :lol:

Comparison used there was Parayko. Whom a rival GM Offer sheeted at the time in hopes the team who owned him wouldn’t be able to afford the contract.

Granted Shayne is a great player having an off year this season. But if I had gone ahead and done that and then seen that contract I would have been utterly choked

Edited by Tylez