The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2018-19 CDC Puck League

thejazz97

On 7/5/2018 at 10:49 AM, thejazz97 said:

fLlMrYG.jpg

On behalf of GM @Art Vandelay, the Ottawa Senators are proud to announce the signings of:

Alex Petrovic - 5 years, ~$4.06m*

Ryan Kuffner - 2 years, $1.1m

Matthias Goransson - 2 years, $750k

Brady Keeper - 1 year, $650k

*As Alex Petrovic is an RFA from Minnesota, @Baer. will have seven days from this announcement (10:50 am PST, July 12, 2018) to either match the offer or accept compensation. Due to the contract's salary, the compensation owed would be a 2nd Round Pick (2019).

These string of signings are both terrible and Great. 

Took a shot of predicting 3 guys who i’d though had the best chance of signing with an NHL team the next season. Correct on Kuffner (DET) and Keeper (FLA). Goransson is expected to sign with a pro team, hopefully in North America. Free prospects/assets is always good.

On the other hand, I gave a horrendous contract to a 6-7 defensmen and gave up the 33rd OA pick in 2019 to do it. With Fla trading away Reilly Smith in order to protect Petrovic, I incorrectly trusted in FLA’s plans to keep him in the top 4. Produces well in this league, but not nearly good enough for that signing. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Monty said:

ANNOUNCEMENT 

After doing some digging, it appears as though one of the GM’s in our league has recruited several of his friends to join the league, who then joined to only make lopsided trades with said GM, and no other team. No other trades were done by these GMs who joined. 

While all share the same IP address, we cannot confirm nor deny if these 4 accounts are one GM, or if they are his friends. Because we (mod team) can only assume it’s the latter, that is not a banworthy offence. 

However, asking friends to join, them never posting, and these GMs only making trades with this one person, is incredibly disappointing and calls the integrity of the entire league into question. Due to the amount of turnover in the league as well, it’s entirely possible this is a problem that has occurred before, not just one that’s happened in the last 2 months, which is already bad enough. Asking friends to join the league so you can have a better fantasy team is pathetic, at best. Sad at worst.

Because of this, effective immediately, I will be stepping down as the GM of the Chicago Blackhawks.

thats pretty w@nker style if true. :mad:

wondering if this person has the balls to show up and leaves the league

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, Art Vandelay said:

In all seriousness, if this is true, the individual(s) should resign.

Additional point:

Note the bold from my post. I obviously don’t know what Monty knows with his mod powers, so maybe I should have waited to comment.

And now finding out it is Jazz, I’d tend to believe there has been no wrong doing. He has been nothing but professional in all my interactions.

The trade I mentioned did not involve Jazz, so I’m not even sure the actions accused has even happened? 

I am going to be contrite, but also fair? And ask fair questions...

I suspect the IP address would have been the U of S?  Not as damning as it sounds. 

I was also suspicious when fairly major trades were consummated with new GM's.  And @thejazz97 you mentioned in PM's you might have such a trade in place before one said GM was announced. And it had to await their appointment. That probably should not have happened? But it did not bother me as I don't believe I would have been competing for said player.  I had concerns last year when players were ''borrowed'' to teams so they could trump up play off  position? Then were returned to the original owners, who trumped up draft position, at the deadline and off season. That was manipulation. 

But in a bigger picture, I also recognize recruiting is sacrosanct to the health of the league. And enthusiasm in doing so has also helped the league as much as a deal or so, may be in question? The enthusiasm of the exec squad is a factor in making our league a great league.

Hell, when I started I traded Ovechkin? And people complained I did not advertise his availability. Allthough those who complained did not know I contacted ten plus GM's who had assets I valued. And some who complained did not have a prospect worth a 2knd round pick...  

I also complained when two buddies, one who rarely trades, made the biggest deal of the season here in Puck? But I got past it. Our Canucks GM's have always liked being goosed by Florida's GM. I have no idea if any involved were buddies? But they were routine trade partners.

Considering we have an active trade policy, a system designed to encourage trades?  Maybe the first 1 or 2 deals each ''new'' GM makes, gets a quick once over by any execs not involved. Or that the first trades have to have players advertised. Not sure I even like this second idea? I still don't advertise most of my trades, as it plays my hand in the open. 

SV would be grinding his teeth right now; all over first GM's more than anyone? Or Old News, both great GM's. And I would have him back in our league & exec crew in a heartbeat. 

I have concerns. But not to a level of distrust I will resign. Or one that see's my appreciation of the exec crew diminished at this time, on this information.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Canuck Surfer said:

I am going to be contrite, but also fair? And ask fair questions...

I suspect the IP address would have been the U of S?  Not as damning as it sounds. 

No, they would have been created on my laptop, I think. I'll take responsibility for that. But it was easier at the time.

3 minutes ago, Canuck Surfer said:

I was also suspicious when fairly major trades were consummated with new GM's. And @thejazz97 you mentioned in PM's you might have such a trade in place before one said GM was announced. And it had to await their appointment. That probably should not have happened? But it did not bother me as I don't believe I would have been competing for said player.

Yeah, I was a little gung-ho on that. I'd had preliminary discussions at that point, and I planned to make a hard push for the player once the announcement was made official. From what he said he liked from my roster, I was incredibly confident I could beat out any offer. Again though, I wanted to make sure everyone had a crack at acquiring him, as I wanted the deal to be relatively fair value.

When we agreed on a final deal (a week or so after he was announced), I was under the impression that I was offering the best deal out of everything he'd received.

The trade ended up being vetoed by the commissioners as the GM hadn't had time to become established in the league. Which, good on them. Even with the competition I thought I was beating out, it would have been a bad look on the league, and worthy of the call-out Monty gave earlier.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Monty said:

ANNOUNCEMENT 

After doing some digging, it appears as though one of the GM’s in our league has recruited several of his friends to join the league, who then joined to only make lopsided trades with said GM, and no other team. No other trades were done by these GMs who joined. 

While all share the same IP address, we cannot confirm nor deny if these 4 accounts are one GM, or if they are his friends. Because we (mod team) can only assume it’s the latter, that is not a banworthy offence. 

However, asking friends to join, them never posting, and these GMs only making trades with this one person, is incredibly disappointing and calls the integrity of the entire league into question. Due to the amount of turnover in the league as well, it’s entirely possible this is a problem that has occurred before, not just one that’s happened in the last 2 months, which is already bad enough. Asking friends to join the league so you can have a better fantasy team is pathetic, at best. Sad at worst.

Because of this, effective immediately, I will be stepping down as the GM of the Chicago Blackhawks.

Warning: This is me as a fellow GM talking, not me as a commissioner.

The only comment I will make on this that I have made a deal with one of the teams, there is currently a trade in the queue for after the season involving one of the teams, and there are more examples of the new GM's making other trades. ALL without Jazz. 

Fact check before you make large stupid accusations. Literally none of your points hold ground. 

• Sharing an IP address: IRL friends see each other in person, I'm not sure if you understand how that works. Inviting a friend to a league and showing them how to make an account is pretty standard. 

• Them never posting: Do you seriously think Jazz would take the time to switch between five accounts (by your definition in your post) to make deals, send messages, and also be dumb enough not to make a post here or there? 

• The new GM's don't make any trades without Jazz: See above + I can only imagine what it is like to run Jazz's inbox. Without a doubt in my mind he is the most active GM in this league, constantly sending out feelers and trying to make deals. Jazz has made 30 (THIRTY) deals this season, want to know what 2nd place is at? 16. It's not a surprise to me that he will make deals with the new GMs, with whom he is also friends with. 

Those are your only 3 points you make in your post for this massive display of a formless accusation.

• Wat 1
  • Upvote 1