The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2018-19 CDC Puck League

thejazz97

17 hours ago, thejazz97 said:

signing201819_php.jpg.085e4b22f41a07bb6e2e2668fb28c135.jpg

On behalf of GM @D-Money, the Columbus Blue Jackets are proud to announce the following signings:

Leon Gawanke - 3 years, $950k

Ryan McGregor - 3 years, $850k

Columbus is very happy to bring Leon and Ryan into the fold.

Gawanke is a guy who was on our radar last draft, almost picked him with one of our last picks. This season, however, his production has nearly doubled, and he currently sits at a point-per-game through 32 games. He is the 3rd highest scoring defenseman in the QMJHL.

McGregor's production rate has also nearly doubled from last season. He is the captain and 2nd leading scorer on the Sarnia Sting. If he makes the NHL, it is more likely to be as a defensive forward...but those can be valuable in this league.

Reilly Smith, Nick Paul, Cedric Paquette, Derek Stepan, Josh Anderson, Zack Kassian, Matt Hunwick, Jan Rutta. 

If the right deal were to come along I would consider trading Elias Lindholm.

Smith, Paquette, Anderson, and Lindholm won't be cheap. 

Smith has a great contract and is on a Vegas team that has become very hot as of late. Paquette is putting up 3.84 FP/G on Tampa and is also signed at 1.9 M for this year and next. Anderson is also on a cheap contract for this year and scoring at 4.28 FP/G. Lindholm is putting up 6.12 FP/G.

Can retain 50% for this year. Can take cap dumps for this year. 

5 hours ago, thejazz97 said:

Rinne is up.

McElhinney is up.

Delia is up.

Subban is up.

Francouz is up, if only temporarily.

Fitzpatrick is up, if only temporarily.

Demko will be up.

Do I have a goalie problem?

I have 4 goalies in the nhl myself. Picking who will win is hard. 

• Like 1

Given that I need to make room for Delia and/or Demko, Curtis McElhinney is on the trade block.

As well, we'll be looking at moving Ben Lovejoy for a mid-to-late round pick if anyone needs a serviceable ~2 fp/g defenseman signed cheaply through to the end of next season.

May consider moving Parayko or other similar players if the deal is right - we're in a full push for playoffs, if you haven't noticed ;) 

Edited by thejazz97

World Junior Totals for Ottawa:

Gold Medalist

Aleksi Heponiemi  //  3 G  6 A

Silver Medalists

Josh Norris  //  3 G  3 A

Joel Farabee  //  3 G  2 A

Mikey Anderson  //  2 G  3 A

Evan Barratt  //  1 G  0 A

Bronze Medalist

Dmitry Samorukov  //  1 G  3 A

Medal Disappointist

Josh Brook  //  0 G  2 A

Overall, I’m happy with everyone’s performance except Barratt. At the half way point, he is the favourite to win the scoring race in the NCAA; he looked downright mediocre.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

The Golden Knights would like to cancel the contract of Derek MacKenzie, following his retirement: 

www.cbssports.com/fantasy/hockey/news/panthers-derek-mackenzie-hangs-up-skates/

We wish him a happy retirement!

Saw ex CDCPuck Bruin JG Pageau was back playing & scored his goal of the year.Just in time for @Salter

Nice to see!  He was one of, if not my favorite Puck player. Gotta be impressed by a 5'9'' guy that led an NHL team in hits. 6'5''? No matter. Easy to like...

Was a regretful cap crunching move.