The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2018-19 CDC Puck League

thejazz97

11 minutes ago, Salter said:

trade_php.jpg.eb154da56271393ad3ef41f3d9

To EDM: Martin Marincin (50% Retention), Gabriel Gagne, 2020 OTT 5th, Matt O'Connor, Jamie Phillips

To OTT: Future Considerations

Apologies to Marincin. We wanted to keep you but your salary/roster spot is just not manageable after signing 5 guys in free agency (so far).

The rest were involved to make some contract room. 

Edited by Art Vandelay

6 hours ago, Salter said:

To ANA: Vladmir Sobotka, Tim Schaller

To CBJ: Derick Brassard ($250k retained)

Thanks to @Jaku for the easy negotiations, and to @Salter for processing. This came together right away, and is a perfect fit for both teams.

We like both Sobotka and Schaller, who provide great production in this league for their respective salaries, and had planned to have them on the team for the year. However, recent events strongly suggest that neither will be available in the playoffs, and that's really the main goal of the team for at least one more season. Although Brassard may not score much more Fpts than either player, we expect him to be valuable when we need it most. And after this season we need to clear some cap, so Brassard's impending free agency is actually a positive.

Edited by D-Money
  • Upvote 1

On 7/3/2018 at 2:20 AM, apollo said:

The Nashville Predators would like to extend an apology to William for such poor execution on contract talks on our end. We wish it hadn't got to this but we'll gladly match and pay William this salary. 

It's a shame as we wished to have made a long term deal happen, but we'll gladly pay Willy more by the end of these 2 years when he's producing at an even more prolific phase. 

Wait hold the phone... I didn't resing Kevin?! I swear I did earlier on in the year when Cap'n was doing contracts. I deleted all those inbox messages tho... =( 

I can't find it in the 2017-2018 thread either. That is crazy strange. I thought it was 1 year 2 mill I gave him or two years 2 mill AAV 

This is a win win for everybody involved I think. As we told William-bet on yourself, reach FA at the youngest possible age, and make bank, preferably with the Buffalo Sabres, who will have a heck of a lot of cap opened up....In the meantime, you get a pretty reasonably priced player for the next two years!

• Cheers 1

To anyone who currently has an offer in, I won't be posting the signings until Saturday at the earliest (unless another commissioner wants to pick up the slack :ph34r:). If a player you've placed an offer on has accepted or rejected that offer, I've sent you a PM by now.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, thejazz97 said:

To anyone who currently has an offer in, I won't be posting the signings until Saturday at the earliest (unless another commissioner wants to pick up the slack :ph34r:). If a player you've placed an offer on has accepted or rejected that offer, I've sent you a PM by now.

Hahaha, this might mean someone has signed a guy to a “great” contract! Because if it beat my offer... good luck with that!

Edited by Art Vandelay