The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2018-19 CDC Puck League

thejazz97

2 hours ago, Tylez said:

And I was asked to pay Shayne (2.8 fpts per game) Gostisbehere over what Tkachuk was signed for, once upon a time :lol:

Comparison used there was Parayko. Whom a rival GM Offer sheeted at the time in hopes the team who owned him wouldn’t be able to afford the contract.

Granted Shayne is a great player having an off year this season. But if I had gone ahead and done that and then seen that contract I would have been utterly choked

It's almost as if the Commish team looks after the players' interests rather than the teams' :o

It's hard. Cause in real life, star players have a much larger impact on the game. McDavid is underpaid IRL at 12.5. In this format? The difference between him and a guy like tkachuk is the maybe the same as the upgrade from a bad to an average defender. And if the oilers suck, his value is in the gutter-its less, in a given season, than a guy like tkachuk on a playoff team. 

This means that we should have a system where star players receive less than IRL, as they aren't worth it, but middle lineup guys should be paid MORE than they are IRL. Guys putting up 4-6fppg should be making more money in puck than they typically sign for. And bottom of the lineup guys putting up 2.5 fppg with a regular lineup spot should be getting 2.5 million (it's a better deal that 6fppg for 8 million!), But it seems so weird to pay clutterbuck 2.5 million that it never gets done. (All players mentioned in this post were done off the top of My head without Fantrax. If they are bad examples, I'm sure I could find better ones) 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Sestito'sHandMadeVodka said:

...And bottom of the lineup guys putting up 2.5 fppg with a regular lineup spot should be getting 2.5 million (it's a better deal that 6fppg for 8 million!)...

This is a bit of a fallacy.

Almost any regular player can get you 2.5 Fpts/game. There is no reason to pay much more than league minimum for sometime like that (save for playoff representation reasons). They are completely replaceable.

Finding guys who can get you 4-5 Fpts/game is hard. They should be paid exponentially more than a replacement level player. And 6+? There's only about 1 per team out there, so they should have a definite premium.

Tkachuk has had a fantastic run lately, but I don't suspect he'll maintain this sort of production long-term. He'll probably be in the 5-5.5 Fpt/game region. I would have expected his number to still start with an 8 though. I expect it to be near 8 in real life, and he's even more valuable in our scoring format.

Also, I just had an RFA who produces a fair bit less than MT, and who is more of a complimentary player, who demanded significantly more than 7 million. So it's hard not to wonder about consistancy.

Edited by D-Money

13 hours ago, Art Vandelay said:

I am 100% on board with that contract! I’ve briefly discussed with a few GM’s in the past, that I think only the top top guys should be getting $8+m. At some point contracts just don’t have value when you pay them $12.5m to produce marginally more than a guy who commands $7m.

5 hours ago, Sestito'sHandMadeVodka said:

It's hard. Cause in real life, star players have a much larger impact on the game. McDavid is underpaid IRL at 12.5. In this format? The difference between him and a guy like tkachuk is the maybe the same as the upgrade from a bad to an average defender. And if the oilers suck, his value is in the gutter-its less, in a given season, than a guy like tkachuk on a playoff team. 

This means that we should have a system where star players receive less than IRL, as they aren't worth it, but middle lineup guys should be paid MORE than they are IRL. Guys putting up 4-6fppg should be making more money in puck than they typically sign for. And bottom of the lineup guys putting up 2.5 fppg with a regular lineup spot should be getting 2.5 million (it's a better deal that 6fppg for 8 million!), But it seems so weird to pay clutterbuck 2.5 million that it never gets done. (All players mentioned in this post were done off the top of My head without Fantrax. If they are bad examples, I'm sure I could find better ones) 

I love how the two teams applauding this contract are the ones that have to extend Rantanen and Barzal.

Obvious motivation is obvious.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, D-Money said:

This is a bit of a fallacy.

Almost any regular player can get you 2.5 Fpts/game. There is no reason to pay much more than league minimum for sometime like that (save for playoff representation reasons). They are completely replaceable.

Finding guys who can get you 4-5 Fpts/game is hard. They should be paid exponentially more than a replacement level player. And 6+? There's only about 1 per team out there, so they should have a definite premium.

Tkachuk has had a fantastic run lately, but I don't suspect he'll maintain this sort of production long-term. He'll probably be in the 5-5.5 Fpt/game region. I would have expected his number to still start with an 8 though. I expect it to be near 8 in real life, and he's even more valuable in our scoring format.

Also, I just had an RFA who produces a fair bit less than MT, and who is more of a complimentary player, who demanded significantly more than 7 million. So it's hard not to wonder about consistancy. 

2 hours ago, D-Money said:

I love how the two teams applauding this contract are the ones that have to extend Rantanen and Barzal.

Obvious motivation is obvious.

Honestly, wasn;t based on rantanen. Didn;t enter into my mind at all.
I guess last year, I see a guy like Marchand,McKinnoin, Getzlaf, all producing almost as much as McDavid. Two years ago, McDavid won the hart, Art Ross, and Lindsey, was far and away the best player in the league....and was 5th in fppg among regular players in puck. Level 1 players cannot distinguish themselves the way they can IRL. This should mean than 1 - the McDavids and Matthews maybe shouldn't get 12 million, maybe they should get....10. But the tier below that should get 9, not 8.

I wasn't actually arguing against the tkachuck contract. I think its low. Initially I thought that 7 million for a guy who's probably gonna like as a 5.5 fppg seems like a pretty regular deal! But then I thought - Tkahuck is having a season that puts him 10th in the league last year! In summary: I don't think anybody really deserved 10+ million in this league. I think there should be a lot of players in the 8-10 range though.

As for "Almost any regular player can get you 2.5 Fpts/game. There is no reason to pay much more than league minimum for sometime like that (save for playoff representation reasons). They are completely replaceable." - you say that, but every time an undrafted guy comes in, you end up with a bidding war. And yeah, nobody overpays REALLY, but people want them, and people loved hoarding depth. Nobody makes it to FA. so yeah, you;re right, I could buy a 2.5fppg guy on a trash team for cheap, but that's a function of the playoff system.  If I rolled up and offered you a 3rd for Barclay Goodrow, do you do it? Barclay goodrow has real, good value for you - he is worth more than 1.3% of the cap.

4 hours ago, Sestito'sHandMadeVodka said:

...If I rolled up and offered you a 3rd for Barclay Goodrow, do you do it? Barclay goodrow has real, good value for you - he is worth more than 1.3% of the cap.

I actually didn't pay much more than that for him...

On 10/31/2018 at 10:26 AM, thejazz97 said:

We have a trade to announce...

To LAK: Joni Tuulola + 2019 LAK 5th

To CBJ: Barclay Goodrow

He has been a pleasant surprise though. But mainly because he happens to play on a cup contender. If he were, let's say, on the Senators/Flyers/etc., I would probably be shopping him for not much more than a 3rd.

Somehow I'm gaining on JE14 when I want to be dropping. Come take 

Wheeler

Hyman

Zaitsev

Sissons

etc

edit--waiting for my laundry to finish

BOLD on the block 

Italics playoff player

James van Riemsdyk - Sean Monahan - Blake Wheeler

Sven Baertschi - Zach Hyman - TJ Oshie

Colton Sissons - Adrian Kempe - Blake Coleman

Milan Lucic - Jordan Eberle - Tyler Bertuzzi

Jordan Greenway - Noel AcciariMattias Janmark

Josh Leivo - Jakob Forsbacka Karlsson - Zach Aston Reese

Sami Vatanen - Derek Forbort

Erik Gudbranson - Urho Vaakanainen

Nikita Zaitsev - Esa Lindell

Philipp Grubauer

Jonathan Bernier

Jordan Binnington

Prospects who've played this year and I'm hopeful for them in the future

Alex Formenton -- should be a keeper

Timothy Gettinger -- got a taste, maybe next year. 

Denis Gurianov -- another taste, I like the upside here.

Trevor Moore -- tough to get into Toronto's lineup.

CJ Smith -- Should play in Buffalo next year.

Valentin Zykov -- Waiver whore, not sure about him.

Drake Batherson -- Love this guy.

Jack Rodewald -- Depth.

Trevor Carrick --- 1 game, we'll see...

Anton Lindholm -- Played a lot more last year, bad sign?

Edited by inane

On 1/12/2019 at 3:47 PM, thejazz97 said:

mD3TYLz.jpg

small.png To SJS: Troy Stecher, Kevin Hayes

small.png To VGK: Casey Cizikas, Andrew MacDonald, 2019 2nd (ARZ), 2019 2nd (CHI),  2019 4th (SJS)

I don't have MacDonald's retention on my page, and still have Pavelski's extension too. Thanking you xx

Been getting some interest in Elias Lindholm. Friendly contract and averaging 6.28 FP/G. Really like him as noted by the fact that I wouldn’t trade him in previous years and he is also Jarnkrok’s cousin. However, if the right deal came along I would consider it.

Others I would consider moving: Paquette, Anderson, Stepan (50% Retained), and Lehner. 

A reminder that I’m unlikely to move my young players. 

Congrats to D Ryan Lindgren for his first call up to the NHL ...now he has to play his 1st NHL Game.

The negative about this is that D Freddy Claesson is injured and will miss 2 -3 Weeks. 

Rasmussen also on IR ... The Habs now have 6 injured Players ....4 of them are Defenders. 

Ben Street finally landed in the Minors, Steven Kampfer hasent played since 7 Games yet.

We have no luck with signings..... -_-

Edited by Bombastik der Teutone

6 hours ago, Captain Azzy said:

I don't have MacDonald's retention on my page, and still have Pavelski's extension too. Thanking you xx

Fixed.

For anyone who makes a trade involving a player with prior retention, please make note of it in the trade call going forward.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

14 hours ago, inane said:

Florida update to clear contracts :bigblush:

Can I kill

Joonas Lyytinen, signed in Finland. https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/hockey/news/joonas-lyytinen-signs-overseas/

Tyler Kelleher signed in Germany. https://www.eliteprospects.com/transfer/2018/06/19/tyler-kelleher-in-a-confirmed-transaction-to-erc-ingolstadt/350849

You can't kill them, but their contracts will be removed.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

I guess it’s time to sell. My playoff hopes were doomed at the start!

Players on playoff teams:

Brayden McNabb

Anthony Duclair

Joakim Nordstrom

Freddie Gauthier

Players on Bubble teams:

Jujhar Khaira

Victor Rask (@Captain Azzy)

Ondrej Kase

Jake Dotchin

Alex Petrovic

Will move others if you’re interested enough.

Edited by Art Vandelay