The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2018-19 CDC Puck League

thejazz97

@thejazz97 

I made a trade about 1.5 years ago that had a condition regarding Callahan being traded (or something similar). I can't remember exactly. It's no longer on fantrax,  and it seems you can't search content inside a locked thread. So any chance you guys have a document that has that condition still? I would owe CHI a 2nd in 2020, but I don't remember how exactly we worded it. I do remember he had to leave the TB roster before the 2019 draft for CHI to get the pick, I just don't remember how he had to leave. With him officially going onto Robidas island, I'm kinda interested to look it up.

18 minutes ago, Art Vandelay said:

@thejazz97 

I made a trade about 1.5 years ago that had a condition regarding Callahan being traded (or something similar). I can't remember exactly. It's no longer on fantrax,  and it seems you can't search content inside a locked thread. So any chance you guys have a document that has that condition still? I would owe CHI a 2nd in 2020, but I don't remember how exactly we worded it. I do remember he had to leave the TB roster before the 2019 draft for CHI to get the pick, I just don't remember how he had to leave. With him officially going onto Robidas island, I'm kinda interested to look it up.

No dice on the conditional pick.

I forgot how ruthless SV was in trades, though :lol: and I'd forgotten I'd made 50 trades by the first week of November!

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, inane said:

Current pick available. I'm going out for dinner, will pick after if not moved. Looking for later pick + next year something.

I think you have about 34 minutes before you are skipped, so after dinner might be tricky. Unless I read that wrong. 

13 minutes ago, thejazz97 said:

No dice on the conditional pick.

I forgot how ruthless SV was in trades, though :lol: and I'd forgotten I'd made 50 trades by the first week of November!

That trade wasn’t bad was it? I moved Spezza for a 2nd and a 3rd a few hours later. Rittich was actually a contract dump in that deal... to have the foresight!?

Right! It’s coming back now... The deal was one of those “gentlemen’s agreement trades”. The 2nd rounder was in the 2nd half of the deal. 

Since you somehow found that deal, could you possibly find the other one? I think it involved Scott Hartnell and Rodovan Bondra... I completely forget! It would have been done after the playoffs if that helps.

• Upvote 1

On 6/11/2018 at 10:35 AM, Master Mind said:

To OTT: Radovan Bondra + Scott Hartnell

To CHI: *Conditional 2020 OTT 2nd

*Given if Ryan Callahan is traded away from real life TB by July 1st 2019

Found it! Fingers crossed...

1 hour ago, thejazz97 said:

I'll take him off later this morning.

... do you need another defensive prospect?

That depends... Have I heard his name before?

Let me see...

Ketola....Mikkola...Salda....

I'm good....

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Master Mind said:

I wonder how close they'll be to those draft rankings on Fantrax HQ? Those look like they were written by some sort of drafting mastermind.

Leason over Harley and Tomasino was... I was perturbed.

Spoiler

:lol:

• Haha 2

Vancouver finishes the draft with the following picks:

48th overall - Patrik Puistola

65th overall - Antti Tuomisto

79th overall - Michal Teply

141st overall - Jordan Harris

Overall I'm pretty happy with the players selected. Kinda bummed that I traded the 11th overall pick but am super excited to be adding Hellebuyck to the team. 

Time to cheer for the real life Canucks at Rogers Arena tonight! Will be sure to cheer loudly for whoever we pick :towel:

• Like 2

#13: C/RW Raphael Lavoie

Expected Ceiling: Top-6 NHL ETA: 1-2 years Player Comparable: Ryan Getzlaf

#33: LW Yegor Afanasyev

Expected Ceiling: 2nd liner NHL ETA: 2-4 years Player Comparable: James van Riemsdyk

#75: G Ilya Konovalov

Expected Ceiling: Starter NHL ETA: 2 years Player Comparable: Semyon Varlamov

#106: C Mikael Hakkarainen

Expected Ceiling: Bottom 6 NHL ETA: 1-2 years Player Comparable: Saku Maenalanen

I put an emphasis on drafting players I thought would be closer to the show. Lavoie is a big powerforward which will suit this league nicely. Afanasyev is the biggest project, committed to Michigan State, he could be there for 2-4 years. However, we felt he was a low risk, medium reward pick. Konovalov dominated the KHL at 20 years old, posting a remarkable 1.89 GAA and a 0.930 save percentage. In 2 world championship starts for team Russia, Ilya had a 1.44 GAA and a 0.917 save percentage. He's dominated at every level he has played, shown by his back-to-back MHL championships, MHL playoffs MVP, and his KHL Aleksei Cherepanov (Best Rookie) Award. Once his contract ends in 2021, we expect teams to be lining up to sign this guy. Lastly, is Hakkarainen. Linemates with Afanasyev in Muskegon, I decided to draft him after he signed an entry level deal with the Chicago Blackhawks, who drafted him in the 5th round in 2018. We fully expect him to play the entire year in the AHL, potentially cracking the roster in 2020-21.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Edited by Baer.
  • Upvote 3