The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2018-19 CDC Puck League

thejazz97

Looks like I did well with Kaut, but not as well on Noel. Would love if the Canucks got him.

It felt like half the teams reached in the 1st round.

Most notably Arizona. Every time I think they're on the right path, they keep proving why they'll never have success. Poor Raanta.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Master Mind said:

Every time I think they're on the right path, they keep proving why they'll never have success. Poor Raanta.

They should have taken Zadina IMO, but Hayton looks like he could become a very, very good player, and Arizona has some very promising guys. It’s a bit of a reach (I had Hayton going at 11), but if they felt like they couldn’t get him lower than that, they made a good pick.

Edited by thejazz97
  • Upvote 1

Safe to say, my draft picks went well ahead of where they went in RL. I even traded up for a guy who didn’t even get drafted :).

#4 LW Brady Tkachuk (OTT #4) even

#13 LW Joel Farabee (PHI #14) -1

#16 RW Akil Thomas (LAK #51) -35

#23 C Jake Wise (CHI #69) -46

#72 C Jon Gruden (OTT #95) -23

#74 D Adam Samuelsson (undrafted)

Edited by Art Vandelay
  • Cheers 1

And the final IRL results are in!

5th - Oliver Wahlstrom - 11th to Islanders

26th - K'Andre Miller - 22nd to Rangers

41st - Jonny Tychonick - 48th to Ottawa

60th - Niklas Nordgren - 74th to Chicago

63rd - Scott Perunovich - 45th to St. Louis 

83rd - Cole Fonstad - 128th to Montreal

86th - Filip Kral - 149th to Toronto

92nd - Marcus Westfalt - 205th to Philidelphia

147th - Tyler Madden - 68th to Vancouver

Happy to at least see everyone get drafted. Some higher, some lower. In the end, position doesn't matter it's where they go from here!

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Nice to see Jared McIsaac, Ruslan Iskhakov, Alex Khovanov, Aiden Dudas, Danila Zhuravlyov, and Pavel Shen (acq. from MIN) all get drafted this year! 

Also, RIP Nando Eggenberger, who was commenting in the Reddit mega thread for the draft and never got drafted. 

Edited by thejazz97

Literally just figured out that this thread existed. Everyone sneaking off to talk elsewhere. And here I thought everyone was just oddly silent!

I think @Sestito'sHandMadeVodka plans to post the results of some comparison spreadsheets for where everyone landed relative to the our own draft. Biggest fallers and risers, best average by GM, etc. Or at least if he wasn't going to before, he will sure be pressured now. ;)

For what it is worth, I think ours mostly landed lower, but that doesn't make me any less high on them. I like Addison and Hallander dropping to Pittsburg more than I would like them landing earlier.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, thejazz97 said:

Nice to see Jared McIsaac, Ruslan Iskhakov, Alex Khovanov, Aiden Dudas, Danila Zhuravlyov, and Pavel Shen (acq. from MIN) all get drafted this year! 

Also, RIP Nando Eggenberger, who was commenting in the Reddit mega thread for the draft and never got drafted. 

Yeah. Not sure why he wasn't taken. His name alone is a great reason to draft him :P

• Haha 1

#6  D Quinn Hughes ( #7 VAN) -1

#36 F Jacob Olofsson  (#56 MON) -20

#67 F Sampo Ranta (#78 COL) -11

#114 G Kevin Mandolese (#157 OTT) -43

#129 D Nico Gross (#101 NYR) +28

#142 F Ryan Chyzowski ( Not Drafted) 

Number wise the worst Draft  from all of my CDC Fantasy Teams. But solid at the End.  Hughes , Olofsson and Ranta are promising Players.

Mandolese is just 17 years  old , Gross also a good Guy. Chyzowski could get a chance in next Years Draft. 

• Like 1

On 2018-06-16 at 1:03 PM, D-Money said:

Columbus Blue Jackets - Draft Review

The 2018 draft class (draft eligible only):

#44 - Liam Foudy, F - 18th overall, Columbus Blue Jackets!

#99 - Logan Hutsko, F - 89th overall, Florida Panthers

#106 - Oliver Okuliar, F - not drafted

#122 - Simon Johansson, D - 148th overall, Minnesota Wild

#150 - Alex Steeves, F - not drafted

Well, after a big jump for Foudy, the rest were a mixed bag. A bit surprised Okuliar and Steeves didn't get selected, but they are both eligible next year.

Okuliar, in particular, as he was rated in the top-70 by a couple sources, and 101st by McKeens. However, he is still very young. Perhaps he'll use this as motivation to work on his discipline, as he's pretty much a human wrecking ball. Here's a quote from Pronman: "However, one of the biggest problems with the Trencin native is that he is prone to going to the edge, looking over it, shrugging his shoulders and diving head first into the abyss. In short, discipline is an issue."

fLlMrYG.jpg

On behalf of GM @oldnews, the Winnipeg Jets are proud to announce the following signings:

Austin Watson - 3 years, $2.75m

Ryan Hartman - 2 years, $2.25m

Josh Morrissey - 2 years, $3.25m

Jamie Oleksiak - 3 years, $3.25m

Stephen Johns - 3 years, $3.5m

Vladislav Kamenev - 2 years, $1.5m

Miikka Salomaki - 3 years, $1.5m

Ryan Pulock - 2 years, $3.5m

Jordan Schmaltz - 2 years, $1m

Cole Cassels - 3 years, $950k

Justin Bailey - 2 years, $1m

Jon Gillies - 2 years, $1.25m

• Upvote 2

fLlMrYG.jpg

On behalf of GM @canuckledraggin, the Toronto Maple Leafs are proud to announce the following extensions:

Tyler Ennis - 2 years, $3m

Valtteri Filppula - 3 years, $3.5m

Tom Kuhnackl - 3 years, $2m

Gemel Smith - 1 year, $1m

Frank Vatrano - 2 years, $2m

Lee Stempniak - 1 year, $2m

Nail Yakupov - 1 year, $1m

Dennis Seidenberg - 1 year, $2m

Colin Miller - 5 years, $4.5m

Scott Harrington - 1 year, $1m

Alex Lyon - 2 years, $1.5m

Garret Sparks - 2 years, $1.5m

Ty Rattie - 2 years, $1.5m

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, thejazz97 said:

fLlMrYG.jpg

On behalf of GM @oldnews, the Winnipeg Jets are proud to announce the following signings:

Austin Watson - 3 years, $2.75m

Ryan Hartman - 2 years, $2.25m

Josh Morrissey - 2 years, $3.25m

Jamie Oleksiak - 3 years, $3.25m

Stephen Johns - 3 years, $3.5m

Vladislav Kamenev - 2 years, $1.5m

Miikka Salomaki - 3 years, $1.5m

Ryan Pulock - 2 years, $3.5m

Jordan Schmaltz - 2 years, $1m

Cole Cassels - 3 years, $950k

Justin Bailey - 2 years, $1m

Jon Gillies - 2 years, $1.25m

Many thanks for your time @thejazz97

• Thanks 1

Rumour out there is Ottawa just made a big trade. A deal to improve for this year and for the future. Somehow I know about this but don’t have details... E5.

A recent outburst of contempt towards a certain prospects future, leads me to believe he is involved. Could this deal have been made in haste? And where is the destination?

Well, we know that OTT has been in trade talks with CGY (@maroe) many many many many... many times and never struck a deal. Probabilities would say it’s CGY.

We we also know prior to the trade deadline, OTT had plans to acquire a young F, and had primary talks with BUF (@Sygvard @Sestito'sHandMadeVodka) and CHI (:( somethingvery). did they circle back?

Can’t wait for the reaction in Ottawa.

Edited by Art Vandelay
  • Like 2
  • Cheers 2