The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Bruins among teams interested in Canucks 7th OA

Rush17

There was a report by Matt Sekeres stating Jim has been one of the more active GMs working the trade lines.  There seems to be a lot of smoke around our 7th pick.

I believe if we were to move the pick it would be to get a later first and maybe a young defenseman or prospect. Boston lacks a first but they have shown interest in #7.  There good chance a player they like could be had later in the first.

if the player they value matches or outweighs what they see at 7 it would be nice to get an additional asset or two in the process. Take Sekeres word with a grain of salt though he is hardly an insider or source for anything.  Would you guys like to slide down if we could get a top defensive propsect along the way?

The only way I see us moving the 7th pick is either at the draft once picks 1-6 have been completed or if a team vastly over pays before hand.

Your thought?

I don't think there's anyone on Boston that I'd want for that pick.

Its one thing to snag a budding defense who has loads of potential, I don't think Boston has anyone that would really help us from a rebuilding side.

The only way I would move that pick is if it gives us someone really comparable to what we can get out of this draft, but maybe a year or two older. If not, grab Dobson/Hughes/? and move on.

1 minute ago, VegasCanuck said:

I don't think there's anyone on Boston that I'd want for that pick.

Its one thing to snag a budding defense who has loads of potential, I don't think Boston has anyone that would really help us from a rebuilding side.

The only way I would move that pick is if it gives us someone really comparable to what we can get out of this draft, but maybe a year or two older. If not, grab Dobson/Hughes/? and move on.

If only Chiarelli was still running things in Boston...we could probably get McAvoy out of the deal.

2 minutes ago, HerrDrFunk said:

If only Chiarelli was still running things in Boston...we could probably get McAvoy out of the deal.

True, but Chia Pet is now running the Oilers.  If Brady Tkachuk falls to #7, I can see the Oilers making a big push to trade picks with us, so they can get BT.  BT would be an ideal winger for McDavid.

2 minutes ago, Vanuckles said:

Really hope JB keeps the pick. We can pick up a very valuable piece on the backend with this pick. Let's not get too impatient, stay the course.

Unless it is for a young elite Dman like Hanafin, just keep the pick. Quality over quantity.  

I'm fine with trading the 7OA pick if it means improving the team. We don't need prospects that are going to be an impact in 2-3 years, we need players that improve the skill of the team and can play now.

The team has enough immediate future depth, right now the need is to improve and get out of the basement. The rebuild is done, now we just have to be patient with the new core, tweak here and there and we'll be good.

Just now, Odd. said:

Debrusk looks enticing, but other than him, nobody I'd want from their team.

Not even McEvoy? the 7th plus Tanev to get him would be an outstanding move. Bruins would be mental to trade him though.

" Agreed. Let's trade for Marchand, trade for Lucic, trade for Tom Wilson. Lol. Man we would be even more hated. Lol."

I'd even hate the canucks if they pulled that one....

Honestly, why would we? I mean at 7th is someone that can help the team either after a year at utica or right away without a huge cap hit that will hurt us, so we can spread the cap out evenly and trade for more help. Boeser's contract will be enough in that direction soon without adding to it.

11 minutes ago, VanGnome said:

I'm fine with trading the 7OA pick if it means improving the team. We don't need prospects that are going to be an impact in 2-3 years, we need players that improve the skill of the team and can play now.

The team has enough immediate future depth, right now the need is to improve and get out of the basement. The rebuild is done, now we just have to be patient with the new core, tweak here and there and we'll be good.

I disagree, with the top 10 are pretty much players who will be in helping their team either right away or a yr away tops...

Archived