The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2018 Canucks Summer Development Camp

cut.jpg

Vancouver, BC - The Vancouver Canucks announced today that they will host their 2018 Summer Development Camp from July 2-5. The week will be highlighted by the popular Canucks Summer Showdown Top Prospects Game at Rogers Arena on July 5 at 6:30 pm. In addition, all on-ice practice sessions will be open to fans during the week.

INFORMATION FOR FANS  

Summer Showdown - July 5, 6:30pm

Tickets are $10 each, with proceeds benefitting the Canucks for Kids Fund. Tickets go on sale June 16 at 10am on ticketmaster.ca. The game will also be streamed live on the Canucks Facebook page and simulcasted on Sportsnet 650.  

As part of the festivities, fans can check out FIN's Family Zone, games in the concourse, face painting, concession options and a Canucks alumni autograph signing. 

Practice Sessions - July 2-4

Practices will be complimentary to fans from July 2-4. Those coming to the practices, can enter Rogers Arena through gate 10, from 9 am-12pm.    

SUMMER DEVELOPMENT CAMP ROSTER

Confirmed attendees to date, include the following.

Forwards: Jonah Gadjovich, Kole Lind, Jarid Lukosevicius, Tanner MacMaster, Petrus Palmu, Adam Rockwood

Defencemen: Matt Brassard*, Kristoffer Gunnarsson, Garrett McFadden, Colton Poolman, Jack Rathbone, Josh Teves

Goaltender: Michael DiPietro

*Injured player who will not participate in on-ice activities. Please note the roster and schedule are subject to change.

MEDIA INFORMATION

Media availability will take place following on-ice sessions at Rogers Arena. Media are asked to enter through gate 9; the press box will be available as a work area. Please RSVP to a member of the media relations department if attending practices or the game.

https://www.nhl.com/canucks/news/vancouver-canucks-summer-development-camp/c-299049216

6 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

I thought I might actually do some work this afternoon but now I’m gonna be secretly looking up each of those listed invitees. ;) 

Colton Poolman is the most interesting one for me.

-Former teammate of Boeser at North Dakota

-Captain of the Fighting Hawks this season

-Played in the BCHL for Penticton

-Younger brother of Jets pick Tucker Poolman, who played games in the NHL this season.

-Outpaced Tucker at the same age

I think we could have a real good shot at signing this guy.

2 minutes ago, Joe_Kerr said:

Excited to see our big mean Swede Kristoffer Gunnarsson

Unfortunately we won't get to see his real abilities at this venue. 

Gotta wait till the prospects tourney to see him lay out some fools.

27 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

-Younger brother of Jets pick Tucker Poolman, who played games in the NHL this season.

Dhaliwal had the scoop a while back:

Hopefully Keeper will also be confirmed to be attending once the official camp roster is released.

Some discussion, quotes, and links on Poolman and Keeper in this thread:

Josh Teves is a solid invite. He’s been listed among the top NCAA free agents:

http://lastwordonhockey.com/2018/03/08/2018-college-hockey-free-agents-3/

Josh Teves, Left Defence, Princeton University, 6’0″ 170 lbs, Junior

Teves has put up six goals and 28 points in 26 games this season. Teves is a slick skater, with good speed in both directions, and excellent pivots and crossovers. This allows him to cover a lot of ice, and to play an effective two-way game. He can skate the puck out of danger in his end, as well as lead the rush on the attack. Teves also has very good playmaking skills, which he can use in transition, or in playing the point on the powerplay. He is strong positionally and has a quick stick, but must improve his size and strength to succeed in the professional game.

3 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Dhaliwal had the scoop a while back:

Hopefully Keeper will also be confirmed to be attending once the official camp roster is released.

Josh Teves is a solid invite. He’s been listed among the top NCAA free agents:

Josh Teves, Left Defence, Princeton University, 6’0″ 170 lbs, Junior

Teves has put up six goals and 28 points in 26 games this season. Teves is a slick skater, with good speed in both directions, and excellent pivots and crossovers. This allows him to cover a lot of ice, and to play an effective two-way game. He can skate the puck out of danger in his end, as well as lead the rush on the attack. Teves also has very good playmaking skills, which he can use in transition, or in playing the point on the powerplay. He is strong positionally and has a quick stick, but must improve his size and strength to succeed in the professional game.

Yea he looks intriguing too. The more college free agent defenseman we can get a look at the better. If we can find another Tanev or Stecher it will help out depth on D alot.

You notice the theme seems to be former BCHL players? I counted at least 5 invites who played in the BCHL and are now in the NCAA.

Adam Rockwood is another interesting invite. Small skilled forward who put up big points in the BCHL and won a cup there with his hometown Express. Moved on to Wisconsin where he didn't have much success and was diagnosed with an enzyme deficiency which affected his metabolism. Was able to learn how to manage that and then recently put up big points after transferring to Nothern Michigan.

Adam Rockwood has an interesting story. The coach that recruited him to Wisconsin got fired and Adam ended up cut from the team by the new coach. He was redshirted a year so he could transfer to another NCAA program. Spent that year in the gym and packed on 10-15 lbs of muscle. Came back with Northern Michigan and scored 48 points in 43 games his junior season.

EDIT: @DeNiro: put our posts together on Rockwood and his story is even more interesting ;)

Hope he makes it. A Rockwood/Lockwood combination would be pretty fun on the play by play.

1 hour ago, Pepe Silvia said:

I'm guessing no Pettersson. But no Demko? Dahlen? Chatfield? Lockwood? Jasek? Brisebois?

Ten bucks is ten bucks, but I'd really like to see more of the top prospects attending.

No Pettersson, it would appear:

Not surprised at the others not being there since they all have at least one year of pro experience already and Lockwood is still recovering from shoulder surgery.

Well, the highlights of this camp will be the new prospects who we draft next week. Whoever is the 7th overall pick we take (unless it's moved) should be the star of the show. I'm sure Elias Petersson may show up but with his thumb injury, management may want to let Petersson focus on training above everything else. Petersson will be here for training camp, which is what matters.

Also, those complaining about Demko not being on the list, I'm pretty sure he's not eligble for prospects camp anymore. I think players with more than 2 years or 3 years AHL experience aren't allowed to be there but I could be TOTALLY WRONG. I'm sure it's optional for the AHL guys to go and most want to train. Wouldn't be surprised if a guy like Chatfield, Briesbois, or Jasek is a last minute addition. I'm not surprised Lockwood isn't coming this year. He has to pay his way to Vancouver because of NCAA rules and he's injured. Doesn't seem worth it. I bet Lockwood signs in March anyways.

The guys I'm interested in from the invitee list are Tanner MacMaster and Colton Poolman. Poolman is a former teammate of Brock's and a defenseman. He most likely won't be swayed to sign a contract with the Canucks this summer but could be a guy we have to keep an eye on in March of next year. I also really like Tanner MacMaster. If it weren't for Jasek's incredible Utica debut, all eyes would be on MacMaster. MacMaster was almost as good as Jasek when he joined the Utica lineup. He's got an AHL deal next year but I wouldn't be shocked if a strong showing at this summer's prospect camp convinces the Canucks to offer MacMaster an entry level deal (similar to what the Canucks did for Carcone a few years ago and Ronalds Kenins a few years before that). I feel like MacMaster could be a really good depth piece moving forward and I'd hate to see MacMaster go the way of Curtis Valk/Yanni Gourde/Anotine Roussel as a guy on the Canucks radar who they let slip to another organization who actually sees value in them (and in Gourde/Roussel's cases become actual NHLers who contribute).

We'll likely get more invitees announced after the draft.

Still, this is one of my favorite parts of the summer. Can't wait for it.

5 hours ago, DeNiro said:

Most interesting for me is Josh Teves 23, 6'0, D man College GP 31 - Pts 33

Rest of the other 5 players I looked at stats were not alarming, maybe fill spot in AHL...

Hope we sign a very good college D man with some skill...There are 4-5 real good once, not sure if any team  have been signed them...

4 hours ago, Canuckster86 said:

Jarid Lukosevicius....

Pretty solid offensive numbers the last two years at U of Denver.

No idea why its all highlighted as I type still...ugghhh technology!

He is not averaging a point a game? 23yrs old, 5'10 we already have lots of player way head of him..

He would be maybe 15th on Canucks prospects list under 23...Would not sign him..

Gp 41 -- 32 Pts

GP 44-- 34 Pts

Archived