The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2018-19 (2 positions available!)

canuck2xtreme

11 hours ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

Craig Anderson sits in 9th place in points by goaltenders in all ofGML this morning.

He's not a $ 1m dollar addition to a club in need.

I personally found the overall lack of activity with a glaring need for many clubs while a player like this sits, deeply concerning. 

There are teams that have not had a legitimate goaltender in months, in some cases years... wonder how the owners feel about their GM’s?

small.png  The Columbus Blue Jackets are looking to add a top 9 winger to the mix. The team is said to be opening to moving a trade pick or picks depending on the player.  Rumour has it Columbus may have a few bodies moving out over the next 24 hours. The team's GM re-affirmed today the teams focus is to make the playoffs and he is happy with the changes the team has been able to make to this point. Lots of interesting rumblings coming out of Columbus these days.

Edited by Rush17
  • Cheers 1

7 hours ago, greensman said:

There are teams that have not had a legitimate goaltender in months, in some cases years... wonder how the owners feel about their GM’s?

I wonder how other high profile free agents or players needing contract extensions feel about this...

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, canuck2xtreme said:

I wonder how other high profile free agents or players needing contract extensions feel about this...

I wonder how some of the active GM's with cap space and motivation to sign guys like Anderson feel about this...

• Haha 1

lol....seems jokinen read my post from yesterday??   but does a 1 month contract counts? is it enough to terminate his contract? 

https://www.ehc-kloten.ch/feeds/rss/201-jokinen-bis-anfangs-dezember-beim-ehc-kloten

The EHC Kloten commits the Finnish striker Jussi Jokinen with immediate effect and until 5 December 2018. He pushes from the NHL to the EHC Kloten and will help the offensive in the next games to gain in punch and confidence.

The 35-year-old power wing from the NHL makes a stop at the SWISS Arena and will be available to the team of André Rötheli during the limited time. The experience of over 1000 NHL games will help to produce more power and speed on the offense. His NHL career began in 2005 with the Dallas Stars and led him through various stations in the NHL to the Vancouver Canucks.

Sports director Felix Hollenstein on the temporary commitment of Jussi Jokinen: "With Jussi Jokinen comes a top player to us, from which all our players can benefit in every training, in every game."

Jussi Jokinen arrives in Kloten next Monday and is eligible for the home game of 16 November 2018 against the Ticino Rockets. He will be in action for all November games and the first December games in the colors of EHC Kloten.

We warmly welcome Jussi to the EHC Kloten!

https://twitter.com/EHC_Kloten_1934

Edited by Bombastik der Teutone
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Bombastik der Teutone said:

seems jokinen read my post from yesterday??   but does a 1 month contract counts? is it enough to terminate his contract? 

https://www.ehc-kloten.ch/feeds/rss/201-jokinen-bis-anfangs-dezember-beim-ehc-kloten

https://twitter.com/EHC_Kloten_1934

Signed overseas! A contract’s a contract.

congratulations Bomba! 

• Like 2

probably more to come out of St.Louis in the next Days ....so here is the uptated Blues Roster 

Mike Hoffman - Elias Pettersson - Cam Atkinson

Nikolaj Ehlers - Dominik Kahun - Kevin Fiala

Ross Johnston - Mathieu Perreault - Daniel Sprong

John Quenneville - Rocco Grimaldi - Jordan Kyrou

Tanner Fritz - Steven Fogarty

Brady Skjei - Markus Nutivaara

Jay Bouwmeester - Travis Dermott

Brandon Davidson - Fredrik Claesson

Dakota Mermis

Linus Ullmark

Darcy Kuemper

IR : Marian Gaborik

6 hours ago, canuck2xtreme said:

4 hours ago, aGENT said:

I wonder how some of the active GM's with cap space and motivation to sign guys like Anderson feel about this...

can i play andersen as an emergency Dman? lol

• Haha 2

19 hours ago, winterhawks said:

Just realized I am approaching my 10 year anniversary for being a member of this forum, the time sure has flown by!

Next season will be our 10th.....couple fun facts I have remembered:

• I drafted Roberto Luongo 1st overall in the inaugural draft.
  • Bryan McCabe and Sheldon Souray were two of my higher picks :unsure: 
  • Bryan Little has been on my team all 9 seasons.
  • 7 straight playoff seasons but have only made it out of the first round once....

In conclusion I think I am the Minnesota Wild of this league, always strong but never strong enough to challenge for the cup, except for one finals appearance.

Man, would love to look back at the original draft.

I go back through the entry drafts from time to time and see where I missed

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Squeak said:

Man, would love to look back at the original draft.

I go back through the entry drafts from time to time and see where I missed

Very cool. Is there an archive for this type of thing for us new guys to look at?

Learning more about the history of this league would be really fascinating.