The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2018-19 (2 positions available!)

canuck2xtreme

47 minutes ago, canuck2xtreme said:

You know what I'm talking about!! <_<

My firsts? :P I worked hard for those!

39 minutes ago, canuck2xtreme said:

Everything including trades should be up to date. Let me know if I've missed anything.

Speaking of, my 2018 draft picks are a touch out of order on my team sheet. They appear to be correct on the draft order sheet though (5, 10, 13, 19, 25, 48, 63, 65 an 67).

Edit, NVM, seems to be sorted now.

Edited by aGENT

Well, I am heading out to do some trips with flooring in a Kia Soul. it is 35 mins one way, and I have to gather a pallet load of carpet tiles. Hrm...this sounds eerily like a math problem. "If primal over committed to his day of chorin but doesn't wanna miss fourth overall pick, how much over the speed limit must he drive to make 4 trips, load and unload without missing the draft?" 

A: list to C2X incoming.

3 hours ago, canuck2xtreme said:

TRADE: The New Jersey Devils have made a trade with the Colorado Avalanche.

To COL:

small.png Jay Beagle

To NJ:
small.png Xavier Ouellett
small.png Tyler Gaudet

3 hours ago, canuck2xtreme said:

TRADE: The New Jersey Devils have made a trade with the Pittsburgh Penguins.

To NJ:
small.png Riley Nash

To PIT:

small.png LA 2018 4th Round Draft Selection (109th overall)

Mike...stop...stop...

Your prospect pool is already dead.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, theminister said:

Mike...stop...stop...

Your prospect pool is already dead.

how so ?

The Devils have players knocking on the door to possibly play this season in:

PIT - Teodors Blueger

BOS - Peter Cehlarik

STL - Jordan Schmaltz

ARI - Trevor Murphy

ANA - Giovanni Fiore

not to mention defenseman Libor Sulak could be vying for A defense spot in Detroit as early as this season.

Anatoly Golyshev a wildcard sure, but oozing offensive potential and perhaps he goes to the Islanders now that changes have been made there ?

Alexander Dergachyov another wildcard I'll give you that, but another player with offensive abilities and a physical edge who has been buried in the KHL, perhaps the Kings lure him over as early as this offseason to develop in North America.

Blaine Byron, maybe he should have signed an NHL deal before last season instead of signing in the AHL to earn a contract with Florida, maybe there is something there ?

Mattias Elfstrom, a hidden gem who when its all said and done will be playing in Detroit...Swedish, offensive and physical....late round pick, sort of the Detroit M-O.

Joonas Lyytinen, potential there but in a deep Nashville depth chart be tough and his tiny frame although agile may not help his cause.

Tyler Moy, potential bottom six forward in Nashville. Has good size, reliable game and still only 22 years old.

Samuel Montembeault, unless I am missing something he is ear-marked as the next starter for Florida. Yes a jam behind Luongo and Reimer for potentially three more seasons, but already called up to the NHL during his AHL rookie campaign. PS: I know there is something there because I am regularly offered depth, pending UFA's or late picks for him haha.

Oh, and not to mention everyone listed above will be dealt away in no time as I guess that's my M-O.......or is it ? 

AND I have a nearly full NHL roster now going into the offseason let alone next season so there is no pressure to have them all work out immediately only have them be ready to take their opportunities come injury time and earn bigger roles as they develop.

Edited by Mike Vanderhoek
  • Cheers 3
  • Upvote 1

I will be @ work today... no formal introductions/selections today just straight to the pick. Thus, I would be very tough to reach if somebody even wants to do that during the draft. (It's better to ask somebody else for a last min trade as I most likely wont respond, trying to save you the time now!) 

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

Hey guys, 

On page one I have posted the first of multiple projects Archiving our League. While a work in progress, through the wonderful art of cross reference and reading thousands of pages and documents this is closing in on completion. Additional notes and data will be added as it is revealed throughout this process.

I wanted to share with you what I have been working on, I think it is pretty cool and think it adds to if not presents the value of this League, the people who have been involved over the years and the accomplishments / celebration of this. Thanks to @canuck2xtreme for the initial invite 9 years ago and for what you have built over the years.

CDCGML ARCHIVES

Mike this is some piece of work. I even forgot I'd been part of so many teams :lol:

wow, this presents the league as almost a work of art. great job MVP, errrr MVH haha, and great job to the founder, C2X, and of course the exec, past and present and future!

all around well done.

Now if the future works as well as i think it will we will make our Rangers 13/14 season look like 16-17. I think we are due. haha

• Cheers 1

The Rangers have whet our whistle in a pending trade call leading into the draft. Reportedly no picks are involved but a buster of some kind of block proportions is also being bandied about social media. Apparently both GM's are seated in the east, making this a puzzler until the league weighs in. 

EXTENSION: The Ottawa Senators have re-signed forward Blake Wheeler to a six year extension.

ott.png Blake Wheeler: 6 years, $ 46.5 million dollar contract ( $ 7,750,000.00 per season ).

* Deal includes a Limited No-Trade-Clause (Player can name 10 teams he will accept a trade too)