The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2018-19 (2 positions available!)

canuck2xtreme

The Red Wings walk out of the draft with two forwards, Akil Thomas and Blake McLaughlin. Had both players pretty high on our list, so happy to be leaving the draft with the both of them. Some players were within our grasp, but deals couldn't be completed to secure their rights. Oh well, its the way it goes.

Detroit will still remain active on the trade front for teams looking to bolster their top 6.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

12 minutes ago, RL. said:

The Red Wings walk out of the draft with two forwards, Akil Thomas and Blake McLaughlin. Had both players pretty high on our list, so happy to be leaving the draft with the both of them. Some players were within our grasp, but deals couldn't be completed to secure their rights. Oh well, its the way it goes.

Detroit will still remain active on the trade front for teams looking to bolster their top 6.

Thomas was pretty high on my list. fwiw

New York has to run and try to impress the women around here, after 6 hours and 36 minutes of drafting while drinking the wines. 

We are happy to have 

Brady Tkachuk

Jared McIsaac

Liam Foudy

Sampo Ranta

and 

kevin Mandolese 

forever linked to New York Rangers and Madison Square Garden

• Upvote 1

Big thanks to @canuck2xtreme and the rest of the gang for another successful draft.

50. Jesse Ylonen, RW

64. Sean Durzi, D

79. Stuart Skinner, G

90. Gabriel Fortier, LW

106. Jan Jenik, C

110. Blade Jenkins, LW

Having moved picks 11 and 25 in deals to acquire Taylor Hall and Claude Giroux, we didn’t start our draft until 50. Luckily for us, two of the guys that we considered trading up for both managed to make it to us at 50 and 64. Stuart Skinner is a guy we targeted who was passed over last year and solidifies our goalie situation, and we hope that we may have unearthed a gem or two in Fortier, Jenik and/or Jenkins.

The funny thing is that in both the GML and FL, Filip Hallander went in the pick right before I was going to take him, so you can pretty much pencil in his name into the HHoF already. 

Edited by _arby_18
  • Upvote 1

Only came away with two prospects despite working trade pms all evening trying to move up to secure specific players or add picks to grab others. But pretty happy with getting Rasmus Sandin and Joey Keane. Also, here’s a nice article to wake up to the day after the draft...

Rasmus Sandin Could Stand Out In 2018 Draft Class

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Happy to come away with Oliver Wahlstrom and Jonatan Berggren with my 2 first round picks. 

Dont know much about Cameron Hilliard and Alexis Gravel, but I'm sure they both have Hall of fame type careers in their future. 

All in all a successful first GML draft for me.

2. Andrei Svechnikov - RW

14. Joe Veleno - C

26. Isac Lundestrom - C

For the most part we went best player available at all picks. We are very happy to add 3 quality prospects. It's always fun to draft multiple times in the first round. I like the fact that we really added to our C depth. 

Thanks @canuck2xtreme for hosting. I just barley squeaked getting all my picks dome before I headed out camping. 

• Cheers 2