The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2018-19 (2 positions available!)

canuck2xtreme

2 minutes ago, canuck2xtreme said:

Fixed

Sorry, also just noticed Mikey Anderson from last year should be a D, not C too.

And thanks C2X :wub:

Happy Father's Day to all the dads out there too! :towel:

Edited by aGENT

On 15.6.2018 at 7:29 AM, Bombastik der Teutone said:

Bildergebnis für st.louis blues logo

CDCGML St.Louis Blues Off-Season Roster 

Nikolaj Ehlers - Mike Hoffman - Cam Atkinson

Jussi Jokinen - Mathieu Perreault - Kevin Fiala

Marian Gaborik - Daniel Sprong - Joel Ward

Tommy Wingels - Jordan Kyrou - Rocco Grimaldi

John Quenneville 

Brady Skjei - Markus Nutivaara

Travis Dermott - Jay Bouwmeester

Brandon Davidson - Fredrik Cleasson

Josh Gorges - Matt Bartkowski

Linus Ullmark

Darcy Kuemper

Bildergebnis für greenville swamp rabbits logo

Filip Ahl - Steven Lorentz - Steve Bernier

Colton Hargrove - Matt Filipe - Gabriel Gagne

Steven Fogarty - Kameron Kielly - Antoine Waked

???? - ???? - ????

????

Blake Siebenaler - Brycen Martin 

Nelson Nogier - Chaz Reddekopp

Luke Green - ????

????

Jason Kasdorf

Tyler Parsons

Unsigned Prospects : Elias Pettersson , Filip Zadina , Adam Ginning , Jaret Tyszka , Allan McShane , Olivier Rodrigue , Kody Clark , Ty Emberson , Curtis Douglas

The Blues Off-Season Roster . There will be probably some work untill the Puck drops in October.

Veterans Jokinen , Ward , Gorges and Bartkowski have to sign new Contracts IRL. Davidson , Claesson , Grimaldi and Fogarty also need new Contracts

Gaborik could be a Buy Out candidate IRL. Ward could retire , Jokinen heading back to Europe......  there would be some holes to fill in this case.

So we set our hope into the Yongsters. Sprong and Kyrou are supposed to Play NHL next Season . Quenneville could get a new Chance.

Further we have the little hope that Elias Pettersson and probably Filip Zadina will also play NHL next Season. 

We´ll take a look at some Players when the Free Agency Starts ...specially for the Bottom 6 Section. 

Further there are some interesting Prospects on the Market , who came fom the College , Europe or wasnt Drafted in ths League.

Tons of Work in the upcoming Weeks.      

Wish ya all a nice Off-Season  ..... Regards Bomba ....STL GM 

Edited by Bombastik der Teutone
  • Cheers 1

I really do like the Stuart Skinner and Blade Jenkins picks for hockey reasons, but being able to maybe use these gifs for their long and prosperous careers certainly doesn’t hurt... :lol:

5488B92D-0141-46F3-97F4-2D97975502BD.gif

MptX.gif

Edited by _arby_18
  • Haha 1

Las Vegas

Loads of defensive prospects now. Andersson, Mahura, Liljegren, Foote, Boqvist, and Merkley. All have tremendous upside and talent. Will be a few years before any of them (safe for Foote and Andersson) are in the NHL. At that point, I’ll be pushing for a deeper playoff birth. And with Sorokin hopefully crossing over in 2 years and Fitzpatrick possibly ready for backup duty, I should be in a decent spot.

In the meantime, though, I’m screwed.

• Haha 1

All players drafted last night should now be reflected on everyone's team pages. 

Will begin flipping picks over to 2019 and 2020 and then will start updating the signings in this thread, and then working through the trades currently in my inbox. :lol:

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, canuck2xtreme said:

All players drafted last night should now be reflected on everyone's team pages. 

Will begin flipping picks over to 2019 and 2020 and then will start updating the signings in this thread, and then working through the trades currently in my inbox. :lol:

Thanks for all your hard work C2X! :towel:

• Upvote 1

Also, I tried to keep up with trades and move any applicable 2019 picks or roster players etc when they were dealt last night, but it's tough to keep up. Please double check and make sure I didn't miss anything.

Heading to work in an hour so won't be able to get to everything today.

1 hour ago, canuck2xtreme said:

Only came away with two prospects despite working trade pms all evening trying to move up to secure specific players or add picks to grab others. But pretty happy with getting Rasmus Sandin and Joey Keane. Also, here’s a nice article to wake up to the day after the draft...

Rasmus Sandin Could Stand Out In 2018 Draft Class

Seems like every year you spend so much time running the draft that you do in some ways get shafted out of all the time the rest of us get to barter, kick tires, look things up...Not sure how but the league may want to compensate for that somehow...perhaps a fixed, untradable extra pick once the whole draft is over? Just an idea but I bet it wouldn't get many dislikes. In any event, thank you very much for a great evening and a whole lot of fun. Well Done!

Just now, Primal Optimist said:

Seems like every year you spend so much time running the draft that you do in some ways get shafted out of all the time the rest of us get to barter, kick tires, look things up...Not sure how but the league may want to compensate for that somehow...perhaps a fixed, untradable extra pick once the whole draft is over? Just an idea but I bet it wouldn't get many dislikes. In any event, thank you very much for a great evening and a whole lot of fun. Well Done!

Thanks for the thought, but that's not necessary.  Good teams find a way to win ;)

• Upvote 2

Thank you @canuck2xtreme for running the draft last night and making my picks for me! Also happy Father’s Day to you and all other fathers in this league!

We are very excited to walk away with these four prospects, after starting the night with just two picks. We feel Groulx, Bernard-Docker and Demin all have potential to go in the 2nd round in the draft and Ferguson has shown great promise so far in his Dub career. We are excited to see what they do in their draft +1 seasons.

51. Benoit-Olivier Groulx

78. Jacob Bernard-Docker

81. Slava Demin

118. Dylan Ferguson

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Well, Tampa Bay started the night with only 3 picks, 21, 52 and 124. After trading 21, 52 and a 2019 2nd (which we had 3 of for next season), we ended up picking 9 times last night!

In the 2017 Entry Draft, we picked 9 times and selected 0 draft eligible prospects. This year, we picked 9 times and selected 2 draft eligible prospects. At this rate, it'll take us quite a few more years until we finally start to pick all draft eligible prospects :lol:

45. Alexandre Texier

French native who was selected at the very same 45th overall in 2017 by the Columbus Blue Jackets. Put up 22 points in 53 games in his rookie Liiga season. Also represented France at the World Championships this past spring. Has signed an ELC with the Jackets but will be returning back to KalPa next season.

71. Reilly Walsh

Slick offensive defenceman who put up 20 points in 33 games as a true freshman at Harvard University. Drafted 81st overall by the Devils in 2017. Was between Walsh and another defensive prospect for this pick but ended up going with Walsh for his offensive fantasy upside.

76. Kirill Marchenko

A massive 6'4" winger from Russia who scored some pretty highlight reel goals this past season. We view him as a 2nd round talent and were thrilled to get him with the last pick of round 3 (missed pick). May drop in the real life draft due to being Russian, but the skill and potential is still there. 

77. Otto Koivula

A 2016 4th Round Pick by the Islanders who's already signed with them and will be coming over to North America next season, Koivula has two very respectable seasons in the Liiga to his name already. Another big body at 6'4" and 220 lbs, we look forward to seeing the impact he brings to his game in North America.

87. Eetu Luostarinen

Drafted 42nd overall by Carolina last year, had very similar stats to fellow Lightning prospect and teammate with KalPa Alex Texier but is also a full calendar year older. Has size as well at 6'3", we can't wait to see how Eetu develops in the future.

93. Jordy Bellerive

Was passed up in the 2017 NHL Draft, but quickly signed with the Penguins during training camps. Captained his Lethbridge Hurricanes and had 27 more points than the next best player on his team. Ripped 46 goals last year, which was the most in the WHL for any 1999 born player.

(Side note, Bellerive was injured in an incident last night, we give him our prayers and hope for the best as he recovers from his injuries. From what we've heard, he'll be alright but still a very scary situation.)

101. Kirill Maksimov

Another Russian, although this one has already come to North America and is playing in the OHL with Niagara. A 5th round pick by the Oilers last year, Maksimov has already signed an ELC with them following an impressive 80 points in 62 games. We look forward to seeing what he can do with another year in the OHL before heading to the AHL.

103. Igor Shvyryov

A pick that we debated over and over again, but decided to take the risk in the end. Had an impressive 70 points in 40 games in the MHL in his draft eligible year, before being drafted in the 5th round by the Avalanche. Made the jump to the KHL this season, but only had 1 point in 32 games. We've read that his coach failed to utilize him at all, and because of this, Shvyryov has already signed with the Avalanche and will be playing in the AHL next season. We took a risk based off the fact he'll be in North America next season, and we are excited to see if his offensive flair comes with him as well.

124. Bulat Shafigullin

With our last pick of the draft, we took a player who I'm a big fan of. Shafigullin had better stats this year in the MHL than other prospects such as Grigori Denisenko, but his game isn't fully complete which will allow for him to slip in the draft. We took a chance on his offensive potential and are hoping he'll get drafted to a good organization who will develop him properly.

Wasn't my plan to draft this many Euros or Russians for that matter or even to draft 8 forwards and 1 defenceman, but its just the way things ended up as we were going BPA off of our list. Thanks all once again for a fun night!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

The Arizona Coyotes continue to build through the draft but adding another 9 prospects from this draft class. We always have an eye on the future, despite making the CDCGML Finals this year.

Our picks were as follows:

40th overall - C Jake Wise - We were planning on taking him at 34th overall before deciding to trade down and add more picks. When he was there at 40th overall, it was a no-brainer. Wise battled some injuries this season but produced fantastically with ice-time afforded to him. He is a dynamic offensive player and we are excited to see what the future holds for him.

41st overall - D Nils Lundkvist - A defenceman we had an eye on for this pick all along. He performed very well in the SHL and was named the SuperElit defenceman of the year, despite only appearing in half a season there. He was a fast riser in rankings this year but he earned it. His skating, puck moving, and transition skills are through the roof.

75th overall - D Mario Ferraro - Passed over in the 2017 CDCGML Entry draft, Ferraro had a fantastic rookie season in the NCAA. He loves joining the rush and was an easy choice in this spot as we feared he would get snapped up by other teams.

82nd overall - D Axel Andersson - A player that we had ranked right around here, we feel that he is worth the risk. He has a complete, well-rounded game and produced very well at the SuperElit level.

91st overall - D Jacob Ragnarsson - A gut feeling about him as a player. He was a mainstay in the Allsvenskan this past season and outproduced 2017 2nd round pick Gustav Lindstrom at the same age. Saw his ice-time rise as the year closed out but produced very well at 5v5 throughout the entire season.

96th overall - LW Tim Soderlund - Passed over in the previous draft, Soderlund has performed well on the international stage and in the SHL. Many compare him to Victor Arvidsson, as a straight line player with underrated skills and shot.

98th overall - C  Milos Roman - Battled injuries throughout the season but showed some flashes of being a high-end potential prospect. If he can stay healthy, he should be a leader for the Giants this upcoming season.

102nd overall - D Benjamin Finkelstein -  Talk about an odd career path thus far. Played 1.5 seasons at ST Lawrence University in the NCAA but decided to de-commit midseason and switch to Boston College. In the meantime, he moved to the USHL, playing half a season and winning the Defenceman of the Year award there. We expect him to turn some heads at BC this fall.

112th overall - G Olle Eriksson Ek -   We had our eye on him for last season's draft but didn't ultimately take him The younger brother of current Coyote Joel Eriksson Ek, Olle is a talented goalie who has performed well in the Allsvenskan. He is expected to be in consideration for the starting role at the WJHC, but will have to miss the first two games due to suspension.

Our goal was to add some defencemen and centres to our prospect pool and missions accomplished. We like our Swedes here but feel that they were the best player available in every spot.

Edited by Squeak
  • Upvote 3

I am sure they go to Mike, and i sent mine in one long list, but i thought he requested recently that now everyone should send offers to him one player per message due to his huge voluntary workload (thank you Mike, its a busy time of year, and we appreciate your hard work) I maybe confused though on how he wants QO's, best to wait for his thoughts. 

1 hour ago, ActionJax09 said:

I know this has been answered but I can’t remember. Who do qualifying offers go to and do they have to be separate or can they all be on one message?

Submit Qualifying offers to me unless the player is highlighted in yellow on the free agent list meaning its c2x player.

Submit all in 1 PM if you like with numbers please not just saying qualified.

All free agents come July will be sent 1 per PM or not acknowledged.

• Upvote 1